Annesley admits ref mistake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do they know what would have happened if Parker and Walker were left to run?

Walker looked to be hit high in that tackle too.

Certainly does, looking at it closely, not only was Parker taken out and high you could argue Walker was taken high and late. That the touchie, was right there, when Manly bodies were falling everywhere, it at least deserved a check by the ref. The whole thing stinks. :banghead:
That he comes out and says they missed it, stiff, what benefit does that give us, means nothing. Oh unless you charge Burgess and who ever did the high shot on Walker, did it happen nope, so thanks for nothing Analman @:mad:

So taking a player out 6-7 metres from the line when he is chasing a kick through isn't a professional foul because it "wasn't a try scoring opportunity"......yet a player "taken out" 30 metres out and with his team mates not even looking like passing his way (and they didn't)....is a professional foul because Jake robbed Gagai of a scoring opportunity. Note that Jake, hardly a noted speedster, was actually passing Gagai on the run so any pass back inside would have been blocked by Jake just being there.

Who writes Annesley's script because they have well and truly stuffed up on that one. They've had all weekend to come up with their excuse....and THAT is the one they go with?

And they wonder why fans are getting more and more fed up with the incompetency that is the NRL referees and their bosses.

No
Real
Leadership

I think it’s time we had a third ref on the field whose only job is to monitor everything in the vicinity of what’s happening with the ball, but not actually the person with the ball.

I also think drones should be flying overhead to help with the added bonus of forward pass technology: Forpatech (trademarked)

Finally an nrl scriptwriter must be present at every match to provide updates during and at the end of the game on behalf of the refs and administration.

They did have the lines person running right next to Sam taking out Parker.

I guess she must have been concentrating on Sam's package and not his arm taking Parker out.

Last edited:
So taking a player out 6-7 metres from the line when he is chasing a kick through isn't a professional foul because it "wasn't a try scoring opportunity"......yet a player "taken out" 30 metres out and with his team mates not even looking like passing his way (and they didn't)....is a professional foul because Jake robbed Gagai of a scoring opportunity. Note that Jake, hardly a noted speedster, was actually passing Gagai on the run so any pass back inside would have been blocked by Jake just being there.

Who writes Annesley's script because they have well and truly stuffed up on that one. They've had all weekend to come up with their excuse....and THAT is the one they go with?

And they wonder why fans are getting more and more fed up with the incompetency that is the NRL referees and their bosses.

No
Real
Leadership
At a guess I reckon Shoddy Toddy would be writing his script

How bad is the game going, when the head of the referees has to have a press conference every_week with which to defend the mistakes his men make on the field??

Ever_single_week.

And due to their grey area interpretations of simple rules.. well they can always justify any interpretation to suit their narrative.

The game is corrupt, and who benefits from the corruption? Is it the bookies? Is it the NRL itself? Is it channel Nein?

Answer that question, then burn them out of the game and the game can perhaps heal itself. As it stands now, the game is burning, and Nero is fiddling with himself, not a goddamn violin...

If there was any justice Annesley and Greenberg should cancel the season right now, declare it null and void.

How has Burgess been able to play so long without having someone not put a few hard ones on his jaw? He is a f*&$ing prick. I don't think Gorden Tallis would have put up with a Burgess cheap shot. Lucky he wasn't playing in the 70's/80's, either...

Challenge him in the ring, Gal!!!

The NRL are so inept, and unfortunately I agree with people like Gus Gould that the game is a FARCE, the game has become a circus. When we have Annesley come out and deal with Jake's controversial sin bin, and reflect on commentary from channel 9, Fox, and the Sunday footy show to persuade the audience of different opinions. For obvious reasons, the Sunday footy show was shown because dopey boy (Fittler), came out and said it was a sin bin every day of the week.

This shows Annesley had a lack of confidence in the decision of the refs and relied on commentary to suggest that difference of opinions will occur, and the NRL had their opinion on the sin binning of JAKE but of course there is no confidence that it was the right call. It was a highly arguable incident, and if the NRL were confident it was a black and white call they would not be relying on 3 different non NRL commentaries to make their point to the audience.

Further, and of greater importance, if we follow the guidelines of the NRL, the game will become touch footy soon. For example, where does fending a player from making a tackle sit in these new ridiculous rules of the NRL? When you fend a player are you not depriving a player from making a tackle? are you not interfering from a tackle being constituted? When you fend a player does it not sometimes make contact with the face/head? When a player runs the ball with elbows raised where does that sit?. So if players get 10 minutes in the sin bin for striking/slapping, Jakes Bull dust interference, if the NRL were to be realistic fending is no different, however, it is a well accepted part of the game.

I guess what I am agitating here is that the NRL must be realistic and must have a better feel for the originality of the game. What the game has always been about, and evolve with the foundations of the game instead of trying to create a new sport that makes channel nines dollars come flying in, or to satisfy Greenturds daughter footy team.

Just my opinion
Fittler is a c***!

hrow into the mix that Annesely has told the refs they need to be able to "read" a game of footy to minimise penalties
They didn't read that game very well, they managed to minimise penalties but only against Souths - in spite of the fact Manly dominated between the 12th and 57th minute, scoring 5 tries to one in that period. Where were our penalties??

And yet I bet this refereeing group get a game again this weekend and next.

Where is the best ref in the game this year in Cecchin?

Annesley's statements regarding this match have shown him to be unprofessional and out of his depth. He should resign.

His initial reaction to Des ("tell your players not to give away penalties") was petty and inappropriate. He continued to make comments about the Jake sin-binning before he could possibly have reviewed the match properly.

His comments today about Parker not being in a try scoring situation when he was taken out are just laughable. He's tying himself in knots trying not to admit we were dudded. He's shown himself to be a complete clown.

Freddy Fittler's just a dopey prick who happened to be good enough at playing football to make a career out of it.

Some of the dumb sh*t he says makes me cringe - stupid people who think they're clever are actually quite dangerous.

Freddie definitely has dropped kebab syndrome.

G'day all,So according to Annesley the officials were all made aware of the unpenalized incident the week before and the consequences of that inaction,using that as justification for sending Jake to the bin.The problem with that is if the officials were on high alert for off the ball incidents,how DID they all miss the Parker incident?
To also suggest it wasn't a try scoring situation because the souths fullback was there is disingenuous to say the least.If you extend that logic why was Parker sent to the bin as Jorge had the ball covered as well.
Annesley is trying to defend the indefensible. Initially it was just a response to the Jake incident,which if it was just that alone well maybe.But with the subsequent revelation of the Burgess infringement which occurred earlier in the game,with no response or action from the officials,that has made his attempts to justify those decisions a complete farce,because anyone with an iota of commonsense can see that if one player had to go to the bin then so did the other.
cheers mike

Plus the souths player only had eyes for his winger and never had any intention of passing to Gagai.
And by the time the winger ran out of space and the play fizzed out there were about 3 Rabbitohs players around the ball. None of them wanted it, including Walker who immediately dropped it.
I can't stand the idea of diving for penalties and in RL it is unacceptable. Yet the NRL continues to encourage it through these ridiculous decisions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4