Annesley admits ref mistake

The Who

Journey Man
He says all the officials missed the deliberate take-out of Brad Parker by Sam Burgess.
He says it should have been a penalty, but because it wasn't in a try-scoring situation (his words, not mine) that it wasn't a possible sin bin offence....
Yet, the Jake incident was a try-scoring opportunity, even though the Souffs player dropped the ball.
OK. So why wasn't one of the illustrious journos asking:
"Now that you admit Sam Burgess made a deliberate illegal tackle why wasn't he subsequently charged by the judiciary this morning?

I'll be watching NRL 360 tonight to see what Kent has to say about this incident.

How does Anusley reckon it wasn't a try scoring situation, didn't a grubber go through just like the one from Cook that hit the Jet on the melon after Parker tripped him.

I'll be watching NRL 360 tonight to see what Kent has to say about this incident.

How does Anusley reckon it wasn't a try scoring situation, didn't a grubber go through just like the one from Cook that hit the Jet on the melon after Parker tripped him.

How do they know what would have happened if Parker and Walker were left to run?

10 mates from the souths tryline is a try scoring opportunity

About 20 metres closer than Gagai's

Our penalty and Burgess in the bin for 10 minutes completely changes the game Good chance we score in that 10 minutes

They have more officials on the field than ever before and they all miss it

This is what the bunker should eb for the tip off the ref and say we need to look at this

I think it’s time we had a third ref on the field whose only job is to monitor everything in the vicinity of what’s happening with the ball, but not actually the person with the ball.

I also think drones should be flying overhead to help with the added bonus of forward pass technology: Forpatech (trademarked)

Finally an nrl scriptwriter must be present at every match to provide updates during and at the end of the game on behalf of the refs and administration.

10 mates from the souths tryline is a try scoring opportunity

About 20 metres closer than Gagai's

Our penalty and Burgess in the bin for 10 minutes completely changes the game Good chance we score in that 10 minutes

They have more officials on the field than ever before and they all miss it

This is what the bunker should eb for the tip off the ref and say we need to look at this

They wouldn't have put Burgess in the bin anyway.
They seem to have an aversion to having two from the same team in the bin at the same time and I'd say all teams know this.

I think it’s time we had a third ref on the field whose only job is to monitor everything in the vicinity of what’s happening with the ball, but not actually the person with the ball.

I also think drones should be flying overhead to help with the added bonus of forward pass technology: Forpatech (trademarked)

Finally an nrl scriptwriter must be present at every match to provide updates during and at the end of the game on behalf of the refs and administration.
giphy.gif

The NRL are so inept, and unfortunately I agree with people like Gus Gould that the game is a FARCE, the game has become a circus. When we have Annesley come out and deal with Jake's controversial sin bin, and reflect on commentary from channel 9, Fox, and the Sunday footy show to persuade the audience of different opinions. For obvious reasons, the Sunday footy show was shown because dopey boy (Fittler), came out and said it was a sin bin every day of the week.

This shows Annesley had a lack of confidence in the decision of the refs and relied on commentary to suggest that difference of opinions will occur, and the NRL had their opinion on the sin binning of JAKE but of course there is no confidence that it was the right call. It was a highly arguable incident, and if the NRL were confident it was a black and white call they would not be relying on 3 different non NRL commentaries to make their point to the audience.

Further, and of greater importance, if we follow the guidelines of the NRL, the game will become touch footy soon. For example, where does fending a player from making a tackle sit in these new ridiculous rules of the NRL? When you fend a player are you not depriving a player from making a tackle? are you not interfering from a tackle being constituted? When you fend a player does it not sometimes make contact with the face/head? When a player runs the ball with elbows raised where does that sit?. So if players get 10 minutes in the sin bin for striking/slapping, Jakes Bull dust interference, if the NRL were to be realistic fending is no different, however, it is a well accepted part of the game.

I guess what I am agitating here is that the NRL must be realistic and must have a better feel for the originality of the game. What the game has always been about, and evolve with the foundations of the game instead of trying to create a new sport that makes channel nines dollars come flying in, or to satisfy Greenturds daughter footy team.

Just my opinion

They can't use hindsight in an instance like this to say "it isn't a try scoring scenario". Sam Burgess doesn't know that, he takes out Parker because he is worried of the potential for Parker to score a try. He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head to indicate otherwise. Glad they mentioned it but that is a clear sin bin. Annesley is a stubborn, common sense-less and biased prick

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2