Andrew Davey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, but his lack of games is not the result of lack of ability ... it is due to injury.

By your definition .. Tom is also a fringe player ...
Even when Boyle was fit, he was in and out of firsts. Playing so few 1st grade games in 6 seasons, classes you as a fringe 1st grader, weather injured or not.

Even when Boyle was fit, he was in and out of firsts. Playing so few 1st grade games in 6 seasons, classes you as a fringe 1st grader, weather injured or not.

And 46 1st grade games puts him into a league up there with about the top 20% of all footballers.

And he is still only 26 .. his best 3/4 years are still in front of him ...

Yes @Eagle 1 .. lol all you like ... 60% play less than 30 games and about 80% play less than 50 games.

THE AVERAGE CAREER OF A FIRST GRADE RUGBY LEAGUE PLAYER

Posted by Daneel on May 7, 2010 at 11:03am
Though I haven't been able to be as active on here of late as much as I would like, I have read in the last couple of days, what i consider, some uninformed comment and assumptions in regards to players/player payments etc
Some have included calls for players to Play rep games for nothing, or that Players earn too much, or we are tired of sports stars whingeing etc.

Well, I'd like to educate a few of you on the Statistics of the Career of the average First Grade Footballer.

Since 1959 :-

*36 per cent of players have played fewer than 10 first-grade games.

*56.8 per cent played less than 30 top-grade games.

*A staggering 82.2 per cent played less than 100.

*The average career spans only 49 first-grade games.

Out of every single player who has spent most of their youth pursuing a dream, those that actually go on to making a proper living out of the game is minimal.

Please also consider these stats :-

* Players out of the game after a year (depending on injuries, suspensions etc): 65 per cent.

* Out of the game after two years: 75 per cent.

* Out of the game after five years: 88 per cent.

The reality is that Kids who aspire to become first grade footballers more often than not, dont realise that failure is a high possibility. The assumption that players go on to have long careers and make heaps of money is entirely false!

Out of the 20-25 or so kids that come through each year, aspiring to be first grade players, usually two or three of the 20 players might go on to play first grade. Of those that play first grade, only 20 per cent have a career longer than four years. Of those, probably
half make a good living out of the game.

Since 1908, only approx 8870 players have played first-grade rugby league.

So, many people on here have questioned, how much is the average footballer really worth? Do they deserve to be paid well for doing what they do?
They are the product we all support, they make the game what it is today. They are the reason we look forward to Friday Night... or Sunday afternoon.
So how much is the average First Grader really worth... I cant answer that, but what I do know is that when you consider how little time they have to earn money off what they do well, Im all for them earning as much as they can. The great players of our game such as Greg Inglis, or Darren Lockyer, or Nathan Hindmarsh or Benji Marshall, they are entitled to as much financial reward as the game can support.... but what about those who never make the lofty heights of these guys? Darren Lockyer put it best once when he agreed that the stars of the game are entitled to earn as much as they can, but for their less fancied team mates, they are worth a lot more than they get paid!
Views: 715

Weird we prioritised Boyle over Davey - Especially given we have about 6 or 7 props and a lot less depth in the second row.

Can only imagine it came down to moneythere’s probably 100 k salary difference between

Id imagine there’s probably 100k salary difference between these two. Wouldn’t imagine morgs signed for much over the minimum after all his injuries.

Yes @Eagle 1 .. lol all you like ... 60% play less than 30 games and about 80% play less than 50 games.

THE AVERAGE CAREER OF A FIRST GRADE RUGBY LEAGUE PLAYER

Posted by Daneel on May 7, 2010 at 11:03am
Though I haven't been able to be as active on here of late as much as I would like, I have read in the last couple of days, what i consider, some uninformed comment and assumptions in regards to players/player payments etc
Some have included calls for players to Play rep games for nothing, or that Players earn too much, or we are tired of sports stars whingeing etc.

Well, I'd like to educate a few of you on the Statistics of the Career of the average First Grade Footballer.

Since 1959 :-

*36 per cent of players have played fewer than 10 first-grade games.

*56.8 per cent played less than 30 top-grade games.

*A staggering 82.2 per cent played less than 100.

*The average career spans only 49 first-grade games.

Out of every single player who has spent most of their youth pursuing a dream, those that actually go on to making a proper living out of the game is minimal.

Please also consider these stats :-

* Players out of the game after a year (depending on injuries, suspensions etc): 65 per cent.

* Out of the game after two years: 75 per cent.

* Out of the game after five years: 88 per cent.

The reality is that Kids who aspire to become first grade footballers more often than not, dont realise that failure is a high possibility. The assumption that players go on to have long careers and make heaps of money is entirely false!

Out of the 20-25 or so kids that come through each year, aspiring to be first grade players, usually two or three of the 20 players might go on to play first grade. Of those that play first grade, only 20 per cent have a career longer than four years. Of those, probably
half make a good living out of the game.

Since 1908, only approx 8870 players have played first-grade rugby league.

So, many people on here have questioned, how much is the average footballer really worth? Do they deserve to be paid well for doing what they do?
They are the product we all support, they make the game what it is today. They are the reason we look forward to Friday Night... or Sunday afternoon.
So how much is the average First Grader really worth... I cant answer that, but what I do know is that when you consider how little time they have to earn money off what they do well, Im all for them earning as much as they can. The great players of our game such as Greg Inglis, or Darren Lockyer, or Nathan Hindmarsh or Benji Marshall, they are entitled to as much financial reward as the game can support.... but what about those who never make the lofty heights of these guys? Darren Lockyer put it best once when he agreed that the stars of the game are entitled to earn as much as they can, but for their less fancied team mates, they are worth a lot more than they get paid!
Views: 715
Do you have an upgraded stat on this, as this ones a little dated 2010, that's nearly 13yrs ago.

I am trying to understand if you are just trolling

Trolling? please I just don't rate Boyle. 30 man squad or 35 he has shown nothing in his career with us and GC my "belief" is we can do better than the boyles of the nrl clogging up our top 30.

To even suggest that Boyle has shown he is capable of performing a defined role in the nrl is laughable.

I get it our cap is tight I would prefer a young kid who may make it on minimum money rather than a player who has shown he won't make it just making up the numbers.

If boyle is playing first grade next season we are struggling big time others disagree that's fine.

Reckon Ciraldo will really bring through Topine this year, like him as a player.

Think Davey may start the year on the edge but may finish the year on the bench or outside the 17

Trolling? please I just don't rate Boyle. 30 man squad or 35 he has shown nothing in his career with us and GC my "belief" is we can do better than the boyles of the nrl clogging up our top 30.

To even suggest that Boyle has shown he is capable of performing a defined role in the nrl is laughable.

I get it our cap is tight I would prefer a young kid who may make it on minimum money rather than a player who has shown he won't make it just making up the numbers.

If boyle is playing first grade next season we are struggling big time others disagree that's fine.
Then we agree

It is not about Davey rather his place in the 30 which is a legitimate question.

Not as harsh as you Koko22, Boyles a decent player when fit with no injuries, was just making the point that getting 2,500 a week is pretty good coin for a player who is basically just a fringe 1st grader these days. Not sure why I'm picking up flack on this, maybe sometimes the truth hurts.

And people were so outraged that we let him go.

Whole hearted player but easily replaced

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4