1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

and the telegraph want us to pay for their quality journalism...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Supernintendo Chalmers, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 /6
  2. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +877 /25
    Its amazing how often the Telegraph online screw up their headlines, captions and general reporting. Seen it happening for years. It must be junior journos on the midnight shift who have no clue about rugby league. Or Phil Rothfield.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,586 /78
    These injuries are really playing havoc with Bretts weight

• Like Like x 3
    • manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
      Ratings:
      +5,548 /119
      I have given up on the Telegraph, and I dont miss it. I went to Manly Daily on-line and they are all over that as well. You had to pay there but it was easy to get around by clicking one of the side stories. But really between here, NRL.com and smh and a few others you don't miss anything except all their "scoops" that are BS anyhow.

• Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +508 /6
      and his hair!

• jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +893 /21
      The telegraph on line is womans weekly with a sport section. The sport section prides itself of quantity not quality I havnt bought a newspaper in 5 years. They cut me a while back on line and while I have found ways to get around it for fun, i just dont bother anymore. Ive decided we are no good for each other and continuing the relationship was no good for either of us. The telegraph is happy as they feel they got the last word by cutting me, and Im happy as i dont have to live with a lying, deceitful bitch with double standards and poor hygeine

• Like Like x 1
      • Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +410 /6
        the best thing is it has now been up for over 10 hours and not corrected. quality control in action over there!

• Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +508 /20
        650 grand!! That's madness for him! He's playing like 65k at present. Let's hope he gets back into form.

• lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +3,687 /66
        Darren sets his trap and walks away...who will bite?

• manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
        Ratings:
        +5,548 /119
        Hey Darren I can't wait to hear your thoughts about Grandpa Jamie Lyon re-signing.

• tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +4,443 /137
        Have heard that snake is suing the telegraph for defamation

• Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +2,425 /31
        Didn't he already win that case Tookey ? Or is this another fresh one

• Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +508 /20
        I'd rather Snake back on the field first and not worrying about anything else than playing.

• Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +508 /20
        Will they still take him? 650k for next year is hard to believe. Who worked out these back ended contracts?

• Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
        +2,425 /31
        The same person that wrote that figure in the article also has Foran playing for the Dogs tonight and Stewart playing in Wollongong ...

• Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +508 /20
        Surely it isn't right? We won't be able to sign any props if Glernn is on 650k alone!

• Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
        +2,425 /31
        What we need to also remember is the cap is going up a lot, what used to be 400 will now be 600 etc

But seriously, I never take any notice of the figures thrown around in the papers, how the hell would they have any idea who is being paid what ? The player certainly won't be telling them and I doubt the men penning the deals would be either

• Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +852 /10

• EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
        Ratings:
        +1,234 /44
        If Manly make it to the GF this year, we 'd better win by a BIG margin. If the match is close, no good.

We are being set up. A lot of media publicity and emphasizing perceived decisions by refs, favouring MWSE. Why ?
        So they'll have an excuse to perpetrate the mother of all square-ups in the 2nd half of the GF, where forward passes, strips, high-shots, multiple 6 agains, inside the 10, obstructions are all allowed to favour whoever it is we are playing. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
        • bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
          +9,036 /102
          No you have it all the wrong way around. That already happened in last years grand final and only now we are getting the favorable decisions in an attempt to make up for it.

• Like Like x 1