An interesting detail

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c_eagle

Reserve Grader
We haven't given Monaghan the right to negotiate with rival clubs. Conspiracy theorists take pose.

not really. It means exactly what we have been saying.

"Manly can not offer him an ACCEPTABLE contract AT THIS TIME"

means they will try to retain him as a hooker.

arrggghhh this isnt a project for the fair treatment of all. It is a business.

for christ sake. Monas has everyright to feel pissed off but the bottom line is that Manly did offer him a contract in April

I agree with all of Volley's posts on this issue.

All this business stuff is fine etc,but we still told him to jump thorugh hoop a to prove his worth,he did that,and there is now nothing there

That is diabolical.

Hope you don't mind,I chucked that up on ME too.

Don't mind at all. My source is every article I've read, i.e. No one has said he does have the right to negotiate with other clubs. The way Richardson tip-toed around being interested in Monas would also suggest it.

Then support a club like souths who treats all their players like kings but sit at the bottom of the table year in year out

morale is on the berge of copping a beatin.

dan management is a combination of your workers and the business interests, without 1 the other cannot work. This would severly hurt and business in industry.

people are upset about the way our captain was treated, not the outcome as such

Then support a club like souths who treats all their players like kings but sit at the bottom of the table year in year out

Sometimes I think Mata already does :) j/k

re.... chatbox

Daniel if they wanted him at hooker wouldnt they have told him that.

Monas reaction seems like he was told that hes not needed. Otherwise he would of said something like 'ill get on with my footy and we wait and see what happens with the contract'

KaZa come on mate its bleeding obvious.

They definately want him dude just not for Half back $$

Think of this:

7 - Orford
6 - Witt
9 - Monas

If that doesnt make you dribble on your keyboard then its time to look at some pr0n

watched orford today in the first half

he is not worth more than 50K a year more than monas, his kicks went dead his passes we obvious and twice he made massive errors on the last tackle whilst in great attacking position.

He has one tool in his armoury - the inside pass, which would be useless here as no one runs up the inside so it would goto ground.

His defence is average - easily outdone by monas

He is not the saviour

i dont care what position he plays as long as he remains at the club. I just think were not after him for hooker either.

Otherwise Monas would be more upbeat about his contract.

I hope im wrong mate i really do. I just want to see Monas signed and remain captain next season.

Fluffy put Orford behind our firepack and he will be worth a lot more

It will be a loss if Monaghan is not signed somewhere in the side. I'd love to have Orford AND Monaghan AND Witt, but Matabele posed a very good question in one of his topics earlier.

What if Monaghan wasn't concerned with the money, but rather the position on offer. Perhaps he wants the number 7 when in fact its the 9 he is being offered.

That would put a little more understanding on the issue IMO. However unlike mata I do feel he adds more to the side than he takes. A brilliant defender. Runs the line well. Can throw a mean cut out pass and is very very fit.

Fluffy put Orford behind our firepack and he will be worth a lot more

See i dont think so, his pack has been dominent in the past and he still isnt in origen.

With kimmorley going so poorly theres nothing stopping him getting the gig bar his lack of ability or persevence thereof by those that count.

where talking superstar money or a 1 year contract for him, he is not a superstar and certainly not worth the 450K-500K he will be after.

we would be better off buying a 5th prop or another centre for the extra 200K

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4