Amateur players blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Alrighty then

Season over

Had a 1st grade grand finalist from last year finish us prematurely with a 90 and 4 wickets including my own

Late season I somehow switched roles from strike bowler to batting allrounder

Faced a bloke who kept us to 20 runs from his 10 a couple weeks earlier to having him dragged 1-29 off 2 as I came in at 3 and got given some terrible balls

Belted my first directly at square leg, timed well and full blooded which he dropped, with the shot, bat,timing and personal hitting force i wouldn't be shocked if it went over 160kmh to him or higher

Second ball was also short to which I put him in the car park

Third ball and 4th ball left
5th went for a 4
6th went for a 4

Next over I had this first grade assclown almost clean me up on the first ball only to beat me on the second

Next season I must work on patience with the bat along with bowling pace and accuracy

2nd season for me after pulling the pin and don't miss it at all.

Went and watched my old side play a shambles of a game, other team had 7 players, 2 day game over by tea on day 1, 60 and 40 v 222/0

Presidents grade (over 35s) have made some gear up for me to try and get me playing for them next year so I'll probably have a few games there

We have just completed our season. Not a good season statistically for me. I was junior coordinator this year. Looking after 90+ juniors was easy. It's the parents you need to handle. Our Preso this Saturday night. Good luck to all going around again this year.

We have just completed our season. Not a good season statistically for me. I was junior coordinator this year. Looking after 90+ juniors was easy. It's the parents you need to handle. Our Preso this Saturday night. Good luck to all going around again this year.
You're in Darwin aren't you mate ?? What's the junior cricket demographic like up that ?? Darwin's a pretty multicultural old town.

You're in Darwin aren't you mate ?? What's the junior cricket demographic like up that ?? Darwin's a pretty multicultural old town.
Correct. A large percentage of junior players especially, are from the subcontinent. Some are very talented.

Trial game got cancelled at last minute and first round washed out last weekend. So still living on potential. Reality will hit soon

Grounds closed this weekend now too. So at the moment I could potentially be Usman Khawaja .............or Sean Marsh

I normally take 4 or 5 calls before each season from people asking me to play for their team, this season I didn't even get one

The wife says that I am "yesterday's news" now lol

Started the season Ok with the bat - couple of 30's and a 25. Was on a good roll and feeling confident. Then injured my knee, missed a couple of games and my last 3 digs have been single figures. Frustrating bloody game.

I normally take 4 or 5 calls before each season from people asking me to play for their team, this season I didn't even get one

The wife says that I am "yesterday's news" now lol

lol... aww. Do you have dual citizenship? Maybe there's a ...you know... baggy green on offer? (Don't read this after eating)

Started the season Ok with the bat - couple of 30's and a 25. Was on a good roll and feeling confident. Then injured my knee, missed a couple of games and my last 3 digs have been single figures. Frustrating bloody game.

Single figures and still in the team? Didn't know your last name was 'marsh'?

lololololol

Sorry about the injury...

Lol I got the callup last Thursday night, they were desperate so I said yes to 1 T20 game. 1/15 from 4, 4 runs and a catch so happy enough to grab that in 2nd grade after not playing for a long time

Game came down to the last ball, we needed 2 to win and 1 to tie, keeper dropped the throw for us to get the single and they scampered back to the other end after another fumble for the win, although I did think it was out , and the opposition went ballistic

Single figures and still in the team? Didn't know your last name was 'marsh'?

lololololol

Sorry about the injury...

Our selection policy isn't performance based thankfully. It's a matter of finding 11 fit guys at our age.

How did everyone's season go, or still going? I enjoy reading how everyone is going. We have our sign on day tomorrow.

I got called in for a game a few weeks back, 40 over social div 5

Was 1 v 2 and if we won we took out the comp, ended up winning by 2 wickets and I got myself into the team photo for playing 1 game lol

Took 2/17 off 4, very rusty and lucky they were generous on the leg side stuff haha, came in when we needed 66 to win and whacked 34 before getting an edge to one

On a side note, my clubs practise strips where I trained for years are straight across the road from that mosque that got stacked and we had a flat next door that we rented out for overseas players and that’s where the guy parked his car

I got called in for a game a few weeks back, 40 over social div 5

Was 1 v 2 and if we won we took out the comp, ended up winning by 2 wickets and I got myself into the team photo for playing 1 game lol

Took 2/17 off 4, very rusty and lucky they were generous on the leg side stuff haha, came in when we needed 66 to win and whacked 34 before getting an edge to one

On a side note, my clubs practise strips where I trained for years are straight across the road from that mosque that got stacked and we had a flat next door that we rented out for overseas players and that’s where the guy parked his car

That was both awesome, and chilling.

Just on the cricket; well done! A great effort playing through all that rust!

Finished a couple of weeks backs, last round washed out so anticlimatic end to season. I think for the first time in a while my bowling average ended up less than my batting average ....LOL. That says more about my batting than my bowling, but actually got quite a few overs this season and took wickets most games, so happy with how they came out most weeks. The batting was a mixed bag, started well and then fell into a bit of a hole - couple of dud calls didn't help but that's cricket. Finished off with a couple of 20's though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4