Aloiai v Kent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For example if a guy was bullied last year in his media workplace he will be able to get compensation from his employer in the future if he has psychological injuries.

Last edited:
Kent says:

'I don't know of another union or company anywhere in the world where you are still responsible for people's healthcare long after you've left the company. If there's one around, show me — I don't know where it is, I haven't heard of it,' Kent wrote in his recent column for The Daily Telegraph.

Hmmm Kent is completely wrong, every workplace/company/employer is responsible for injury or illness that can be shown to be caused while employed, even many years later. For example industrial hearing loss, lung diseases … whatever you name it.
I agree with Silicosis - I have clients that suffer it, some of them can barely move from their bed to the kitchen table without significant trouble

Having the league pay for ongoing joint treatment, or chiropractic would be a stretch, I could be wrong but I can't see where their demands start and stop.

If however they concentrated on brain disease and CTE treatment, I would be on board. I suspect they are not foreseeing the beginning of the end for the game with their demands.

We want all this money to pay for anything that may befall us in the future because we played the game (but you can't touch our investment properties and income streams we have developed from playing the game). Costs for treatment escalate as players retire and new ones come in - media rights then stagnate and insurers don't want to touch the NRL as they signed up to a no win agreement. NRL has no choice but to fold as they are bankrupted by escalating medical costs they have signed up to cover.

Writing is on the wall in my view

Don't mind Joshs' take on Kenty but it is a concern how much he loves the sound of his own voice. He will become a target for journalists looking for a headline and bring the wrong kind of attention to the club.
What do you mean "will become" a target for journalists? He already is. He'll mouth off about anything, and every NRL journo already knows that. Slow week? Need a handy quote? Get Oshay on the line because he'll give you exactly what you want.

He loves seeing himself on TV or in a newspaper headline. Which is fine - plenty of other people do, too. And if he performed at a consistently high level for Manly, then none of us would really care. But he doesn't and never has, which is why it's so annoying.

And the timing - right before the very first game of the season, when you'd prefer everyone to be concentrating on the job at hand - couldn't be worse. It is not an indication of a team-first mentality.

The issue .. from the little I know of it .... is not whether a fund should exist .. (I believe one already does) ... the current battle appears to be twofold ... how much money the NRL puts into it ... and the biggest sticking point ... who has financial and administrative control over it ..

The players assoc wants to have full control ... the NRL says you're dreaming, if you think we are going to give you the key to the safe ..
Yep. The NRL’s not dumb enough to give it to a guy who dumped Jennifer Hawkins to manage.

There was a period there where he was consistently in our top 3 players on the field. Now he must Start from scratch and prove himself again. His value must have dropped by a good $75,000 - $100,000 per year as it stands now. In all honesty he could find himself playing for Blacktown in a month or so if he doesn't rediscover his previous form. He is nothing to me at the moment. Sipley is way better if you ask me.

How sad that so many on here are against one of our own! Seems anytime one of our players sticks up for his fellow players he cops it from everyone. I agree with Josh 100% & i'm glad he has the balls to stick it up that flog Kent......more balls than most on here behind a keyboard! Same with the moaning about Marty's interview......makes me proud that we have players in our squad passionate enough to shutdown idiots like Kent, Anasta etc. Good onya Josh, Marty & all the ex Manly players that cop it in here! Hope you have a great year & stick it up the non-believers!

How sad that so many on here are against one of our own! Seems anytime one of our players sticks up for his fellow players he cops it from everyone. I agree with Josh 100% & i'm glad he has the balls to stick it up that flog Kent......more balls than most on here behind a keyboard! Same with the moaning about Marty's interview......makes me proud that we have players in our squad passionate enough to shutdown idiots like Kent, Anasta etc. Good onya Josh, Marty & all the ex Manly players that cop it in here! Hope you have a great year & stick it up the non-believers!
You do realise that Aloiai “stuck it up that flog Kent” from behind a keyboard,right?

You do realise that Aloiai “stuck it up that flog Kent” from behind a keyboard,right?
Wrong. I think you’ll find that the saying ‘behind the keyboard’ or ‘keyboard jockey’ is a euphemism for someone who’s identity is unknown and uses that anonymity to hide behind when criticising or abusing someone else. Hardly the case here.

Wrong. I think you’ll find that the saying ‘behind the keyboard’ or ‘keyboard jockey’ is a euphemism for someone who’s identity is unknown and uses that anonymity to hide behind when criticising or abusing someone else. Hardly the case here.
Maybe true,but there’s still many that freely criticise without using a non de plume.In Aloiai’s case,I don’t see the point of “attacking” Kent from social media.I’m sure Kent would be fine sitting down with him for a chat or an appearance on NRL360

Just as an aside the whole 'Kent only played one game' as a disparaging remark is ridiculous.

He is there as a journo not an ex player.

Do we rip into Dave Riccio, Peter Badel or Brent Read about their lack of first grade starts
They’re even further down Josh’s pecking order.

I thought buying a player like Aloioa was a good signing but now I wished we would of signed a player that just wants to player. He has been injury plagued and has only brought us bad publicity and has opinions on everything. Just shut the **** up and do your job.

There was a period there where he was consistently in our top 3 players on the field. Now he must Start from scratch and prove himself again. His value must have dropped by a good $75,000 - $100,000 per year as it stands now. In all honesty he could find himself playing for Blacktown in a month or so if he doesn't rediscover his previous form. He is nothing to me at the moment. Sipley is way better if you ask me.
His contract has been recently extended and probably on the same money, $600k I'd say. He's had a few injuries of late, needs to turn it all around come Sat arvo..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4