Aloiai - one job please

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I mean I feel uncomfortable watching a lot of the fellas when they're giving the weekly interview thing coz they are either like deer in the spot light or just too nervous/shy?? when asked questions. I think it's great that as fans, we get to see them off the field and I understand why they do it but it just feels like torture sometimes.
I don’t think it has anything to do with them being of Pacific origin…… I felt the same way watching Des at a post match press conference…. And he’s not a Pacifica.

Just sayin’

The vilification of Josh on here is quite frankly getting tiring.

Time & time again I’ve said that as the senior Pacifica player he’s their spokesperson.

And to blast him for the club media interviews , **** me , it’s part of their contract that they agree to these , do you think they all enjoy it ??! ( the Captain aside who is an accomplished public speaker ).

Doesn’t matter what this guy does , there’s people on here that hate his guts and will continue this tirade every time he says ANYTHING.

For the sake of the rest of us , how about you just give it up !!!
Same could have been said for Des don't you think?
Plenty on here spent many a moon **** talking our coach and wanting him gone AND he was a club legend....
Josh is a bloke with a lot to still prove and I hope he gets there but we can't have it both ways. Happy to tell others to **** up and then go off and cuss someone else....
Not in any way directing this at you personally mark just making a sweeping statement on your last 2 paragraphs.

The vilification of Josh on here is quite frankly getting tiring.

Time & time again I’ve said that as the senior Pacifica player he’s their spokesperson.

And to blast him for the club media interviews , **** me , it’s part of their contract that they agree to these , do you think they all enjoy it ??! ( the Captain aside who is an accomplished public speaker ).

Doesn’t matter what this guy does , there’s people on here that hate his guts and will continue this tirade every time he says ANYTHING.

For the sake of the rest of us , how about you just give it up !!!
Yes it's time to move on. Last year was a cluster fu*k from all sides. Lack of team camaraderie was a big factor and that was the leadership's responsibility which failed us all. Now we seem to have a united team all playing for each other. Time to stop vilification of last year and support them all to strive for better this year.

Plenty on here spent many a moon **** talking our coach and wanting him gone AND he was a club legend....
Josh is a bloke with a lot to still prove and I hope he gets there but we can't have it both ways. Happy to tell others to **** up and then go off and cuss someone else....
Not in any way directing this at you personally mark just making a sweeping statement on your last 2 paragraphs.
As I have said , many times , I respect Des for what he did 2005-2011, he built the decade of dominance.

I was shattered when he left , and tried to take our team / staff , and for that have never forgiven him.

I wasn’t happy when he returned , but put my feelings in a box and supported him until it was clear it was time to go.

ONLY THEN, did I ever speak harshly about Des.

There’s only a few left now that continue to bring his name up , you’re one of those.

He’s gone , he won’t return again in my opinion , so let’s remember the good times , not the bad.

Not exactly sure how all this relates to me suggesting that people give Josh a break , but your post won’t change my opinion on that either.

Yes it's time to move on. Last year was a cluster fu*k from all sides. Lack of team camaraderie was a big factor and that was the leadership's responsibility which failed us all. Now we seem to have a united team all playing for each other. Time to stop vilification of last year and support them all to strive for better this year.
Yes that’s all I’m saying !!

I wanted Dessie to be moved on ... but I can't recall that I ever vilified or abused him ...

As has been said many a time on here, everyone has their opinion & everyone has a right to voice their opinion within reason, just as everyone has the right to voice their disagreement to said opinion, also within reason.

I just think throwing around accusations of racism because an opinion has been shared about someone of non-white background is weak & is an attempt to stifle anyone making any criticism of the guy.

He’s not my cup of tea & the colour of his skin has sweet FA to do with it.

Some people need to grow up & find more constructive ways of defending a person.

If I was so inclined I could search post history & I’m sure I’d find criticism of a white player in our team & throw down racist accusations but I’ve got better things to do with my time.

When the Winning starts the Whinging stops

Winning is Love

Bring on the Manly Winning and Bring on the Manly Love
Because Love Wins Every time

love-wins-card-bokeh-background-57498121.jpg

I am done here for the day feathered friends

Love you all

Be nice to each other and have a Lovely Loving Manly day

As has been said many a time on here, everyone has their opinion & everyone has a right to voice their opinion within reason, just as everyone has the right to voice their disagreement to said opinion, also within reason.

I just think throwing around accusations of racism because an opinion has been shared about someone of non-white background is weak & is an attempt to stifle anyone making any criticism of the guy.

He’s not my cup of tea & the colour of his skin has sweet FA to do with it.

Some people need to grow up & find more constructive ways of defending a person.

If I was so inclined I could search post history & I’m sure I’d find criticism of a white player in our team & throw down racist accusations but I’ve got better things to do with my time.
The colour of one’s skin should never come into question.

Silvertails can be very harsh on a players credentials , and how they are playing , but their racial background is 💯 % irrelevant , and anyone on here suggesting so should be suspended by the moderation team.

White , Black , Yellow , Green , Purple are just different colours people paint with and should never be mentioned on here in relation to a specific player.

Totally unacceptable if they do.

I wanted Dessie to be moved on ... but I can't recall that I ever vilified or abused him ...
I am the same , he’d done his time , and it was certainly the mood for change and I whilst I disagreed with his coaching / selections , I don’t believe I ever vilified or abused him for either.

The colour of one’s skin should never come into question.

Silvertails can be very harsh on a players credentials , and how they are playing , but their racial background is 💯 % irrelevant , and anyone on here suggesting so should be suspended by the moderation team.

White , Black , Yellow , Green , Purple are just different colours people paint with and should never be mentioned on here in relation to a specific player.

Totally unacceptable if they do.
100% agree.

I don’t think it has anything to do with them being of Pacific origin…… I felt the same way watching Des at a post match press conference…. And he’s not a Pacifica.

Just sayin’
I think Des was just ornery when it came to the press.

And I wouldn't take my comments regarding the Pacifica boys toooo seriously.

As I have said , many times , I respect Des for what he did 2005-2011, he built the decade of dominance.

I was shattered when he left , and tried to take our team / staff , and for that have never forgiven him.

I wasn’t happy when he returned , but put my feelings in a box and supported him until it was clear it was time to go.

ONLY THEN, did I ever speak harshly about Des.

There’s only a few left now that continue to bring his name up , you’re one of those.

He’s gone , he won’t return again in my opinion , so let’s remember the good times , not the bad.

Not exactly sure how all this relates to me suggesting that people give Josh a break , but your post won’t change my opinion on that either.
Mate as I said it was NOT about you but the last 2 points you made in general.

I only quoted your post as a way into the convo.

Not trying to change your opinion just making the comparison of people riding a club legend week in week out which was apparently OK but people should lay off a bloke who's done absolutely nothing in Manly colours other than front a huge munitiny over the rainbow round.

On the same note who has vilified Josh on here? No one that I can openly remember....
A lot last year , after the Rainbow fiasco.

There were 7 that stood down , I’ve only ever seen comments ( and they continue almost 9 months later ) with negative opinions about Josh, virtually blaming him for the whole episode, the others , equally as guilty , escape any sort of criticism.

I’m no great fan of his , he’s played a few good games but he’s hot and cold , but the way he’s been painted as the villan in this is simply because as the oldest , and obviously appointed spokesperson, he was the only one who said anything at the time.

For this he’s lamblasted on here continuously.

I’m supporting him as I feel this is unjust.

A lot last year , after the Rainbow fiasco.

There were 7 that stood down , I’ve only ever seen comments ( and they continue almost 9 months later ) with negative opinions about Josh, virtually blaming him for the whole episode, the others , equally as guilty , escape any sort of criticism.

I’m no great fan of his , he’s played a few good games but he’s hot and cold , but the way he’s been painted as the villan in this is simply because as the oldest , and obviously appointed spokesperson, he was the only one who said anything at the time.

For this he’s lamblasted on here continuously.

I’m supporting him as I feel this is unjust.
Agree 100% Mark…..many here are not aware Josh had a big part in bringing the team together after the Rainbow rubbish. This year he’s fought hard to bring them even closer! He’s played well, protected his team mates & will keep doing it! For the record, the spitting incident was investigated by Fox & other media….there is no evidence of Fainu spitting but there is evidence of the rubbish Wakeham was sprouting at Fainu, hence the reaction from Josh. Good on him for sticking up for his younger team mate!

Agree 100% Mark…..many here are not aware Josh had a big part in bringing the team together after the Rainbow rubbish. This year he’s fought hard to bring them even closer! He’s played well, protected his team mates & will keep doing it! For the record, the spitting incident was investigated by Fox & other media….there is no evidence of Fainu spitting but there is evidence of the rubbish Wakeham was sprouting at Fainu, hence the reaction from Josh. Good on him for sticking up for his younger team mate!
He’s not the worlds best player , and it’s fine for members to critique his games based on what they see BUT there’s an awful lot of comments on here that prejudge him for everything that happened last year , unjustly so !!

We need leaders in the pack and sticking up for your team mates is a good sign. Get if his back!

I am the same , he’d done his time , and it was certainly the mood for change and I whilst I disagreed with his coaching / selections , I don’t believe I ever vilified or abused him for either.
I’m the same, but you must admit for an ex school teacher he could do with a haircut and some elocution lessons…

Just sayin’

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8