Aloiai - one job please

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure what you mean by this
I mean I feel uncomfortable watching a lot of the fellas when they're giving the weekly interview thing coz they are either like deer in the spot light or just too nervous/shy?? when asked questions. I think it's great that as fans, we get to see them off the field and I understand why they do it but it just feels like torture sometimes.

I mean I feel uncomfortable watching a lot of the fellas when they're giving the weekly interview thing coz they are either like deer in the spot light or just too nervous/shy?? when asked questions. I think it's great that as fans, we get to see them off the field and I understand why they do it but it just feels like torture sometimes.
OK

Understand - I will back away now, I misinterpreted that post completely.

Again though, look at the requirements for media engagement - something that the players need to learn and the club no doubt manages.
I just hate how a supporter group feels that can pile in on Josh A, and much of their comment is about him "staying in his lane" - do your "one job"

simple - a poster is making the point for Josh to “stay in his lane”

And the basis of this was “who said he was the spokesman for the club”

Furthermore OP said only captain and coach could speak to media. As a result OP has to hang **** on Jake, Tom, Rueben and all other players that have spoken to media post game

You know what was happening there

I don't think the issue is racist ... but it appears that the loudest critics of Josh are the same ones that wanted him hung, drawn and quartered over Jersey gate ... they haven't forgiven or forgotten ....

Well done Josh, every hit up is with intent. The team usually get's a big lift when Josh and Paseka come on midway into the 2nd half of games.

Look I still have issues with his conduct last year however I am not going to begrudge a seasoned first grader sticking up for a kid debuting

Also it does look very much like a media beat up
Yep hopefully he has learnt a bit from last year's fiasco like all of us, he is trying and without him there is no standout Pacifika player to lead and meld the cultures especially with the fainu and Olokauatu boys bring such a big part of the club, you only have to look at the footage of Samuela's jersey presentation to see he fills that role. He needs to stay healthy for a stretch on the field so that the footy matches the impact he has as a clubman, and if there was sledging about Nase going to prison it was 1: expected, and 2: probably best left on the field or dealt with a day or two later. But he was doing what he thought was right.

Bigger question is why were there four forwards on the bench with Schuster back from injury, tom being tom and Croker having a dodgy shoulder. That put so much pressure on fainu to begin with.

Get off his back mate! He’s obviously being asked to comment! He’s been going great lately & backing his players! He is playing good football! This anti-Aloiai sentiment has become boring!!! Maybe a few Silvertailers should keep their mouths shut!
Josh.... is this you mate? Come on big guy. Settle down. The OP doesn't want to go round the back of the sheds and sort it out.

Yep hopefully he has learnt a bit from last year's fiasco like all of us, he is trying and without him there is no standout Pacifika player to lead and meld the cultures especially with the fainu and Olokauatu boys bring such a big part of the club, you only have to look at the footage of Samuela's jersey presentation to see he fills that role. He needs to stay healthy for a stretch on the field so that the footy matches the impact he has as a clubman, and if there was sledging about Nase going to prison it was 1: expected, and 2: probably best left on the field or dealt with a day or two later. But he was doing what he thought was right.

Bigger question is why were there four forwards on the bench with Schuster back from injury, tom being tom and Croker having a dodgy shoulder. That put so much pressure on fainu to begin with.
I’m still at a loss what Josh did last year that was so bad????? He was the person who spoke up for the other Pasifica boys as he was the eldest. So it was ok for the other 6 to be a part of the stand down yet no one has condemned them but Josh cops it big time……what a fu(ken joke! I doubt he gives a fu(k what anyone here thinks anyway! Good on him……I hope he continues to back his mouth & for those that dislike him….suck it up or follow another team!

That hasn't been reported or alleged anywhere so far as I can tell, and as others have pointed out it would be dumb because the other fainu brother is at Wests.
Chammas on 100% footy last night claimed Wakeham said "You're a smart arse just like your brother". Hardly the crime of the century but you could see why it got under Samuelas skin.

Nope not at all….just sick of heroes behind keyboards badmouthing him & no balls to say it to his face!
That's what the internet and social media is built on thou and to be fair almost every player over the years will have been on the receiving end of crowd and fan frustration and or abuse.

Josh obviously has a history of dodgy remarks and unsettling behaviour from his tigers days so why would it be any different now he plays for us?

He was almost hung on here for the rainbow gate fiasco mostly by posters now calling for people to lay off him.

Plenty of posters were calling for him to STFU and piss off less than a year ago.

Personally I think he's a solid first grade player. Haven't seen much to right home about other than perhaps 3 or 4 really good games. More often than not he's just ok.

On the weekends blow up what If he did take it out the back with wakeham and was now facing 6 weeks on the sideline? Would we be so protective then?

IMHO he should talk less and try to play better. Only the goats of the game have the right to mouth off because generally they back up the words with what they do on the field.

Just my personal take.

Last edited:
Wouldn 't put that much emphasis or significance on Josh 's interviews or general comments .. Maybe the media or some media outlets can sense some opportunity to beat things up a bit and out of proportion for a bit of drama doing interviews with him but again can not really see the big deal . Probably would have gained quite a bit of respect openly supporting a team mate after what seems like a grubby type sledge, so again some reasonable sense of proportion . Really good against the Storm [ Josh ] , not bad against the Tigers but a bit ordinary earlier in the season and still concerned with his staying power over a full 80 as a 13 . Not a cheap addition on 600 k so should expect some reasonable value for money . Still would have preferred to keep A F B , even on 800 k but can only expect the present forward grouping to play to the best of their ability and ideally as consistent as possible .

How do we know he isn’t being put forward by the club as a spokesman?

If he is, there will be a narrative that he will be told to follow.

It is a fact that players need to be made available for press duties. Do we want an obstinate Bennett type of person?

Why do we object to a Pacifica team member talking? Is his one job to plough the field?

And yes I am making the point that this type of commentary is racist.
I'm not sure it's racist as much as an 'uneducated NRL player' take on things.... it's like Football in the UK that I've had a huge amount to do with in my job filming sport. So many of the players are so bat **** stupid it's painful. It's not their fault it's where they come from and the system that's failed them.
These kids that more often than not would have little hope in the world are given big pay packets all because they can play footy. Then they are told to act as role models when most have never had a real role model to follow for most of their lives.

The vilification of Josh on here is quite frankly getting tiring.

Time & time again I’ve said that as the senior Pacifica player he’s their spokesperson.

And to blast him for the club media interviews , **** me , it’s part of their contract that they agree to these , do you think they all enjoy it ??! ( the Captain aside who is an accomplished public speaker ).

Doesn’t matter what this guy does , there’s people on here that hate his guts and will continue this tirade every time he says ANYTHING.

For the sake of the rest of us , how about you just give it up !!!

Get off his back mate! He’s obviously being asked to comment! He’s been going great lately & backing his players! He is playing good football! This anti-Aloiai sentiment has become boring!!! Maybe a few Silvertailers should keep their mouths shut!
I haven't read this thread too much to know exactly what is being referred to. If it's purely media press releases then that's fine (nothing wrong with that, except he tends to make alot of cliche, empty promises in them).

But he has not been terribly good on the field, and even if he had it doesn't mean he can't have an overall negative impact on the team (not that im at the club to confirm anything).

All talk during the week, before generally flat performances with some fleeting glimpses of promise. Just a week ago he was rubbing Olam's face into the ground after a strong tackle, but next minute he's trying to intimidate Brandon Wakeham post-game after Wakeham rightfully called out Fainu (allegedly) spitting at him. He's one of those players stuck with a high schooler mentality. He tries to present himself as a leader of sorts, yet Aloiai getting dragged into our dressing rooms post game is terrible leadership.

I would never go out of my way to criticise him directly (i.e 'keyboard warrior' his socials), but it is not like this 'sentiment' was born out of nothing. We seem to have some honourable leaders/figures (Jake, DCE, Garrick, Parker) and some toxic ones

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8