Almost felt like a loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's a long season boys, take the win. I was looking for some big numbers today as well.

Take the 2 points and we're off to Newcastle on Saturday.

Who cares we won and some of our players like tafua and kite hit a bit of form. Our best player still on the sidelines and a dodgy track take the win. It was only a couple of months ago we were losing to teams like this that we were meant to beat.

It's a lot better for the boys to realise they clocked off than to post fifty two games in a row and get big headed.

Sixty-one nils only come about occasionally.

today was the first time for a long time that i made sure to have no idea what was happening live so i could watch it on ch 9. for the first half i was going off, couldn't have been happier. then the injuries happened followed by parra's surge. after the 2nd try i checked the fulltime score & was only concerned of who & how bad were the injured. very disappointing 2hd half.

Our whole structure changed. Anyways, I left head held high (as it can be for a short-ass like me :)) I was proud of all the boys. I thought we dominated them.

It certainly felt like a big win to me. It was a 16 point gap FFS

I hate Parra, and it gives me such delight seeing us beat them.

Also, very disappointed not to be able to have seen Gutherson.

It was a good outcome. It means if we are leading 40-nil in the grand final we won't take our foot off the pedal.

I was at the our last game against the Eels at Parra stadium and believe me it did NOT feel like a loss at all today. We owned them in the first half and they tried to fight back but it would never be enough. We beat them by more then 9 points and we showed the Eels their rightful place in the comp in the bottom of the ladder. We beat them, got 2 points and had SWEET COLD REVENGE!!! I'm proud of our boys and GOOOO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!!!!

Is it just me or has twilliams gone back to his old lazy ways. He has no penetration and doesnt bend the line at all. I think he is suffering from believing the hype. He has not played well for a while now. Very much like pritchard was for the last 2 years. He needs to learn how to run on to the ball, he is always taking on the line from a stopped start. And how about the dodgy calls from the refs in the second half that got Parra back in the game??

Just reverse the halves....pretend we were down 24-6 at halftime and came back in the second half to win 40-24. Now it feels like a win.
Thanks to Wolfie for that first try. I had $50 on him to score first try into Manly 13+ at 13/1. $600 profit will pay for my trip to Perth :)

How bad was parra's cover defence and fullback? When cherry Evans and Brett (2nd try) got through I was looking around for the next line of defence ... But it didn't exist. It was Toyota cup-like.

conanu said:
Is it just me or has twilliams gone back to his old lazy ways. He has no penetration and doesnt bend the line at all. I think he is suffering from believing the hype. He has not played well for a while now. Very much like pritchard was for the last 2 years. He needs to learn how to run on to the ball, he is always taking on the line from a stopped start. And how about the dodgy calls from the refs in the second half that got Parra back in the game??

I was thinking Tony Williams looked tired and stiff, almost over weight, if that be possible. He definitely wasn't moving freely. He turned up but not in the mind, he looked elsewhere. Could be hangover from the origin; could be guilt about leaving the club...

conanu said:
Is it just me or has twilliams gone back to his old lazy ways. He has no penetration and doesnt bend the line at all. I think he is suffering from believing the hype. He has not played well for a while now.
hahaha

SeaEagleRock8 said:
conanu said:
Is it just me or has twilliams gone back to his old lazy ways. He has no penetration and doesnt bend the line at all. I think he is suffering from believing the hype. He has not played well for a while now.
hahaha

I guess your laughing at my comment about not playing well for a while now when he actually got MOM against Roosters. I think they talked him up that day because of Origin selection, and although he had a decent game at times, he was still far from our best player. Watmough killed it and laid a platform on the left for Williams. Williams played ok that day but was not as good as they liked to make out. Yesterday he caught and passed and then Tafua flew down the wing and passed it to Brett for a try, Williams did nothing but catch and pass but they made it sound like he single handedly orchestrated the whole play and scored it himself. Im just not buying the hype.

conanu said:

I agree with this view. T-Rex was flat footed every time he got the ball. SOO hangover probably. Geez I hate SOO.

It was no big deal for me. They have bigger fish to fry in the weeks ahead. OUr biggest games are against the Dogs, Souths, Cowboys, Warriors and Broncs. If we win them, we'll end up second.

I would not trade the 47 minutes of brillance and a win for anything.
The lacklustre final quarter is a small price to pay for such a treat in the preceding quarters.

Thanks to all the Players for backing up, playing with injuries and still allowing their creativity to shine :angel:

Manly,Simply the Best :heart:

PS. How good was Matai in defending his bulging disc :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4