Alleged Leniu incident.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, this discussion or debate could open a WHOLE big can of worms haha. But honestly, to summarise, yeah, I do.

Can I ask you, what's worse? Racial, Sexual, Religious, Body shaming (and all that entails) , age, discrimination? There are many others I'm sure. But you get there's so many.

Why is it acceptable to call someone short (for example) , body shaming them, but it's not okay to call someone a different type of name ? It all affects people differently. One thing may be more personal to someone else..

I guess though (and I talk from experience), you're the only one who decides to allow someone elses views or words to affect you. If you decide it just doesn't matter, that other person has 0 power or value.

For that reason, I just think stuff it, that's their problem, not mine, and I'd just deal with it and move on.
Simple solution and answer to that

It happened in the workplace - HR principles apply, and “toughen up” doesn’t. You know that for a fact

From John Hopoate and a relative of Leniu’s

Attachments

• IMG_4635.png
    IMG_4635.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4636.png
    IMG_4636.png
    194 KB · Views: 90
On a side note, regardless of wether he is suspended or not, I think he hasn't done himself any favours in a future nsw origin side as this will drive a wedge between the indigenous players vs Penrith/roosters players.... may need to come out and apologise

Will be interesting on how they will have evidence of the allegation, none of the on field officials heard it.

Haven’t seen anything from the game footage that picks up the allegation.

Does the judiciary bring in lip readers to try and capture this or do they rely on the word of other players that heard this?

A large can of worms this one if they have no actual evidence, lots of pressure on the games administrators on how this is handled.

I think Leniu all but admitted it.
He played it off casually and said something to the affect of it's all fun and games on the field. Then in another interview he said it was just banter and invited the Bronco's up to his hotel room or whatever the moron said.
If he didn't make the comment, he or the Roosters would issue a statement and deny it straight away.
Considering that hasn't happened, I'd say he said it and he knows he's fkd.

Who knows what the NRL will do, but rather than have him suspended for X weeks I'd far prefer Leniu simply came out publicly and said he regrets what he said.
Because he now realises why it was hurtful and wrong to say that, because he doesn't believe any race is inferior or worse.

I recall Tedescos squid game episode and from memory he (eventually) gave a very unconvincing apology that was more like 'sorry if you were offended (but it wasn't actually offensive)'

One things for sure, it'll be a long flight home for Spencer in more way than one.

Article raised a valid point - Montoya got 4 weeks for a homophobic slur against Feldt. At a minimum, Leniu probably looking at the same.
Reading the Peachey against Barnett allegation, the NRL dismissed it due to lack of evidence.

With all the media coverage and players commenting online it will be difficult for the NRL not too take zero action without evidence even though the precedent has been set in the Peachey / Barnett allegation.

Similar view to the below from @SeaEagleRock8 , if he did say it he should take full ownership of his actions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8