All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If anyone says that Brock Lamb is the one we should have instead I am going to crawl through the internet, come out at their end and beat them to death with their own stupidity.

Jackson Hastings is a much better option. Hell, I'd even want Tom Wright there before Lamb who was like a deer in the headlights whenever he got the ball this year.

I get it mate. But how did he go in his last 2 years (1 Storm, 1 Eagles)? Seemed to play ok. 2 years is a long time in football. And guess what, he was shopped, chopped and changed clubs like he was going out of style BECAUSE of that early poor record ! That record cost him contracts - didn't earn him them.

It's AFTER these two successful years, that he was offered the huge dollars.

What has Lamb done to get you in his corner, and wanting us to sign him up? How will he help us?

Exactly mate, 2 years is a long time in football, and you are writing off a 20-21 year old as crap ? And also writing him off because he didn't take the worst squad assembled in NRL footy far up the ladder ?

I've watched him play, plenty of potential, that's why I disagree with people saying he is rubbish. In many games this season, he had Newcastle in games they had no right to be in. I've seen more in Lambs efforts than I have in any of Cullen's

Not fussed either way if we go after him or not, but the reviews of him being no good are so far off the mark

Exactly mate, 2 years is a long time in football, and you are writing off a 20-21 year old as crap ? And also writing him off because he didn't take the worst squad assembled in NRL footy far up the ladder ?

I've watched him play, plenty of potential, that's why I disagree with people saying he is rubbish. In many games this season, he had Newcastle in games they had no right to be in. I've seen more in Lambs efforts than I have in any of Cullen's

Not fussed either way if we go after him or not, but the reviews of him being no good are so far off the mark

Don't like Hastings?

Don't like Hastings?

Happy to give Hastings a crack at 6 mate, I just won't be disappointed if we sign another bloke with potential up either

Squad wise if I had a choice between Lamb and Cullen on similar coin it's Lamb every day of the week , I'd guess he wouldn't be coming here to play reserve grade though

Brent Reid suggests Mitchy boy has rung both the Sharks and Manly to advise he’s signed with the Knights.

God damn , 120 pages for sweet **** all!!

Oh well, back to Plan C ( or D).

At the very least with Hastings we have a goal kicker sorted too
While we can be optimistic and look at the positives, the truth is that Hastings had a whole year in the halves with the roosters and failed, then in reggies he wasn't doing too good either

Our best option but geez is this whole thing just a big risk now

Hopefully buzz was wrong and Pearce is still a chance

By the way I said a while ago we might sign a forward after the World Cup, probably scratch that idea as well now we know the NRL is screwing us over!

Still think we’ll make the 8 BUT only just and a big chance to miss out as a lot of sides should improve ( on paper).

My player manager mate rang this morning telling me that Pearce's manager had contacted NRL asking if a decision on Manly salary cap situation would be resolved soon, or if they could provide any light on the subject, so the Pearce could make his decision on his future. Evidently there was no response. I actual think we maybe victims again.

Also just checked the Knights forum and discussion there was that Newcastle didn't think they would get him because they didn't offer anywhere near what was reported or were prepared to pay, and they had been told Cronulla were the favourites. Feel sorry for Strone 33, (and me & Snake) over this one because we had him signed (therefore we were right) but he bailed in the cooling off because his manager told him to? as he had serious other offers. But at the end of the day it will be hard to get any evidence other than hearsay.

Again, if true I don't find myself sad about Pearce not coming , yeah it would have been good but at $1mil year? We could get 2 players for that.
No I had him NOT signed all along. I NEver once said he was or had signed and I'm not saying u made it up, but no one knows anything about this agreement that he pulled out of. He simply came home, did his due diligence and chose the Knights.

No idiot in their right mind signs a "letter of intent" from the other side of the world, only to come home, pull out of it, and then go on a tour of other clubs facilities. He was never Manly at any stage throughout this process.

By the way I said a while ago we might sign a forward after the World Cup, probably scratch that idea as well now we know the NRL is screwing us over!

Still think we’ll make the 8 BUT only just and a big chance to miss out as a lot of sides should improve ( on paper).

I'm starting to think you're right Mark. You watch, all this salary cap stuff will only be over with once there is no one of note left on the market.....

To me it smells of Greenturd. The salary cap is probably a minor fine at best so the best way to punish us is to have it drag on long enough that it hurts who we are able (or not able) to sign.

I think Jackson Hastings is a better goal kicker than Brock Lamb, who is also handy. We already have Hastings, and while he might have been unhappy, he would now realize he is back in a position to start making 5/8 his own. Im happy to give him a crack, he may be maturing a bit now and curb his bad attitude.

Reading the play a few minutes ago.

Manly was where Pearce wanted to go, 3 yr deal. Their original offer was based on cap space the NRL don't agree with. Pearce has extended a decision for 10 days to allow Manly to try and make it work without a backended deal.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8