All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I remember tugger Coleman never shut up back in the day.
Maybe he'd be interested in........
No probably not.

Thing is that DCE plays a role of a five-eighth, so Pearce would be the main organiser like Green was this season

Unless he has a fetish for number 7's I see no reason why he wouldn't like the prospect of playing a major role at manly ;)
Didnt penn say we can only offer 700k? The knights are offering double and he has mates there and at the sharks.. i dont see it happening. I like green and would be happy for him to stay another year possibly 2 if we extend him

The rumour mill has been remarkably inconsistent on this one so far. I can only assume from that that Pearce hasn’t made up his mind yet.

Yeah but rumours aside, logic tells you Pearce won't stay unless he's guaranteed a starting role. He's to good to be a bench player.

Robinson has publicly said that he sees Pearce as a super sub so....
As well as Keary plays more of the running 5/8 role so I can't see roosters having 2 organising halves with Pearce and Cooper Donkey.

Pearce will walk. But to where is the question...?
2nd fiddle to DCE with us (especially on the coin) or the head honcho on mega dollars at the Knights or on par with a few others at the Sharks...?
I don't think he'd be second fiddle to DCE, I think he'd be an organiser who'd free DCE to play up a more loose attacking game. Which is how he works best.

Yeah by 2nd fiddle I mean more to do with coin. Imagine you're a starting half for Manly earning $800k and the other half is on $1.2m (which has probably gone up again with the recent cap increase).
It makes for an uncomfortable relationship in my opinion. Money is the reason why Green wants out. Pearce may want out of Manly similarly by comparing his coin to DCE.

Football wise I think he would work fantastically with Daly. But if I was Pearce and 28yrs old, I'd be after my big payday (Knights) or looking to play along side players on similar money who share the cap more equally (Sharks).

Just my opinion though...

That's assuming DCE's deal doesn't have TPAs. I doubt the entire 1.whatever is all under the cap.

I guess one thing in our favour is Pearce’s life long friendship with sirro. Let’s hope this counts for something

One thing is for sure, regarding our 5/8 situation, is that whoever is there, I believe the club has to do Green a favour, and release him to The Warriors. The last thing you want is a player dirty at the club for costing him both dollars, and tenure in the game.

I'm not suggesting for one second that Green wouldn't be the ultimate professional, and continue to play at his best, but it's about everyone pulling in the same direction, regardless of talent levels.

Seen it with my Ice Hockey team Colorado Avalanche, and one of the teams best players Matt Duchene. The kid wanted out, to move onto bigger and better things, and while he was the ultimate pro, and kept producing while at the club, the whole locker room, and the club heaved a collective sigh when he left (was traded for no names), because everyone that remained was then on the bus, all pulling in the same direction.

Best for all parties involved now in my opinion, to look after Blake Green's interests, and let him leave the coupe (but PLEASE do it on good terms - no nastiness).

I'm completely happy to give Jackson Hastings a shot, for 12 months. It's his contract year, so it's important he performs, and in him, we get our goal kicker. Use Blake's 300k to pre-pay some of DCE's contract, to reduce his cap hit medium term, so we can buy bigger and better players in 2019.

Green wont be let go unless we sign pearce imo...

If manly blocked a 10 year vet in matai the chance to go to nz on absolutely ridiculous money, what chance does a blow in like green have.. Esp in a key position..

Yeah but rumours aside, logic tells you Pearce won't stay unless he's guaranteed a starting role. He's to good to be a bench player.

Robinson has publicly said that he sees Pearce as a super sub so....
As well as Keary plays more of the running 5/8 role so I can't see roosters having 2 organising halves with Pearce and Cooper Donkey.

Pearce will walk. But to where is the question...?
2nd fiddle to DCE with us (especially on the coin) or the head honcho on mega dollars at the Knights or on par with a few others at the Sharks...?
I understand your point, although do you really think he'd be second fiddle to dce here? I dunno, Personally feel it might be the other way around, reckon dce plays more of a 5/8 role whilst the other half plays the organising a little more (or at least is first receiver more)

DCE doesnt play second fiddle to anyone, in the big moments and game changing plays DCE was the main man. If Pearce comes to Manly he will be playing second fiddle, DCE is also skipper. DCE also plays halfback and the way a halfback should, running the team around. Sure Green did a lot of organising this year but DCE ran the show.

Green wont be let go unless we sign pearce imo...

If manly blocked a 10 year vet in matai the chance to go to nz on absolutely ridiculous money, what chance does a blow in like green have.. Esp in a key position..

And look at how that ended up. Manly basically paid Skivy what, $800,000 this year and he didn't even pull on a boot. Now that wasn't Steve's fault nor was it the clubs because no one knew what would actually happen when we said no to him moving to the Warriors (we all knew his injuries would one day catch up to him, but we got it wrong on when). But Green does have his injury worries (e.g. groin) and given his age, it might be a better idea to cut the losses and let him go. Even if we don't get someone like Pearce we at least have someone like Hastings ready to step in and if nothing else, that cures our goal kicking woes and the money we would have spent on Pearce could go to another good quality forward.

I say another good quality forward because I think we are good for backs, but we're probably one good forward shy of being a true premiership contender.

Its never been spoken about publicly to my knowledge, but you can bet given how it all turned out that the Penn's regret not letting Matai go when they had the chance. I hope the same mistake isn't made with Blake Green.

Last edited:
DCE doesnt play second fiddle to anyone, in the big moments and game changing plays DCE was the main man. If Pearce comes to Manly he will be playing second fiddle, DCE is also skipper. DCE also plays halfback and the way a halfback should, running the team around. Sure Green did a lot of organising this year but DCE ran the show.
Spot on , Dce is the man but what i like about Pearce is he is good in clutch situations which will take the heat off Dce. Green has been good and his kicking game has been second to none but seemed to nod off at critical times, and thats where i think Pearce would step up . Im a critic of him but this could work .

Spot on , Dce is the man but what i like about Pearce is he is good in clutch situations which will take the heat off Dce. Green has been good and his kicking game has been second to none but seemed to nod off at critical times, and thats where i think Pearce would step up . Im a critic of him but this could work .
Got to get him first .

Yeah, I agree with this. Although it's difficult to explain. Dce is the leader, the organiser, the long range kicker, the instinctive half and so on, however, although he has these roles he doesn't have the ball in hand until he needs to, with the other half just needing to do a job of playing out the plans. The other half will have the ball more often, but dce is the main half. Pearce wants the ball in hand as much as he can, so won't work with Cronk. But with dce he is the perfect match. He also is more than capable of being an organiser, leader, short distance kicker and ball runner himself

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8