All stars game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
I went, the beers were cold and the pies hot and better than the crap on TV currently.

Good to see Corso Pete, Eagles2win and Scotty (from this forum) plus Sammi, Sundance and Mary all regular MWTS members.

Choc played well, George hasn't lost any weight

While George hasn't trimmed down any I thought Choc looked alot lighter.Which I think is a good sign,as in 09-10 the team bulked up and where slow and ineffective.2011 saw the team trim,fast and near unbeatable. Good signs for 2012 IMO

byso said:
Seriously

When the indigenous do the haka or whatever the Allstars should be given red coats and muscats and pretend to blow them away.

Yeah, that would remind them who the superior and far more intelligent people are. Oh sorry, i meant to say pathetic and insecure. I wonder how big your gonads really are byso. Would you be willing to stand chest to chest with George Rose and tell him how little you respect his culture and heritage? Tell him how the savages should be dealt with? Atleast you started your post with "seriously", so you are not going to try hide behind the old, "I was just mucking around" line. Poor form dig.

IMO, this concept does nothing for reconcilliation.

You can have a group of anything vs the rest and it should be a great game, perhaps anyone born in March vs the rest.

The week's lead-up has the Indigenous players supporting their youth. Tremendous! Should be longer than just a week. Really shows great role-models for our young indigenous people.

Black vs White does nought for integration.
It only concludes that there is a far greater distance between Indigenous and caucasion!

I didn't watch the game but I do agree it does nothing for reconciliation. Its a nothing game and it will always be a nothing game.

byso said:
Seriously

When the indigenous do the haka or whatever the Allstars should be given red coats and muscats and pretend to blow them away.

Was that you in the crowd wearing the white pillow case with eye holes cut out?

Clay said:
I didn't watch the game but I do agree it does nothing for reconciliation. Its a nothing game and it will always be a nothing game.

Is it about reconciliation?? I thought it was about building self esteem. I thought it was a chance to bring young kids to rugby league and introduce them to their heroes. Here's a surprise, some Aboriginal kids think the sun shines out of Lockyer. Some Aboriginal kids don't see the difference between Rose and Kingy. They see two big guys with the same coloured jersey and plenty of guts. If it was black vs white, where do the Maori and Pacific Islanders fit in? Or are they just white enough to pass in some peoples eyes? To most people this game is about bringing all races of people together under the one banner of rugby league. To me, it means the end of the dreary off season.

byso said:
Seriously

Was "muscat" a freudian slip ? I think the introduction of alcohol to this country has already done enough damage to the indigenous population, they may have preferred a real fight against muskets in hindsight.

byso said:
Seriously

Yeah, why don't we just bury them in the ground and kick their heads off or steal their children. That would show them who's boss. Put some sunscreen on your neck!

the mauler said:
Definately don't want JWH back at Manly goin by his antics in this game. His game is all niggle and no footy.

The be fair Barba grabbed JWH first and Thaiday threw the first punch. He might be niggly but he didn't start either mellee.

mozgrame said:
Clay said:

Is it about reconciliation?? I thought it was about building self esteem. I thought it was a chance to bring young kids to rugby league and introduce them to their heroes. Here's a surprise, some Aboriginal kids think the sun shines out of Lockyer. Some Aboriginal kids don't see the difference between Rose and Kingy. They see two big guys with the same coloured jersey and plenty of guts. If it was black vs white, where do the Maori and Pacific Islanders fit in? Or are they just white enough to pass in some peoples eyes? To most people this game is about bringing all races of people together under the one banner of rugby league. To me, it means the end of the dreary off season.

The events surrounding the game are tremendous initiatives. But for the vast majority of League fans and Indiginous supporters, the game is the focus of the whole week.

While the game is presented as a showpiece of Indiginous culture and pride, it makes the 'All Star' half of the equation look like it's tacked on.

And the problem with using sport as a platform to promote your culture, is that by it's competitive nature it creates a 'vs them' attitude whether you like it, or not. This game has bben promoted by Campbell and Searle as a further tool for reconcilliation, but on gameday, it isn't the case at all.

It is a concept with a limited lifespan and if needs to be promoted more appropriately, play it against NZ Maori's in a two-game series pre-season which can allow both sides to promote their histories, cultures and pride.

Otherwise, make it a true All-Stars game with culture having nothing to do with the players involved.

mozgrame said:
byso said:
Seriously

Yeah, that would remind them who the superior and far more intelligent people are. Oh sorry, i meant to say pathetic and insecure. I wonder how big your gonads really are byso. Would you be willing to stand chest to chest with George Rose and tell him how little you respect his culture and heritage? Tell him how the savages should be dealt with? Atleast you started your post with "seriously", so you are not going to try hide behind the old, "I was just mucking around" line. Poor form dig.

George Rose has whiter skin than i do,your arguement has never been so invalid

The problem with the game is its the aboriginals vs the world,which makes them think the world is really against them,imagine if it was the anglo's vs the world,that would be the most racist game in the history of racism

We are ONE country,which is definatly against the beliefs of Cathy Freeman,we should ACT like ONE country,instead of TWO countries,which we are NOT

I think the division is disgusting,the game should be celebrating our nation or infact the world,not a small sect of people who still live in the bush (Litterally i might add,because lets face it,if your driving and have money your not really living an aboriginal lifestyle and you might have aboriginal blood,but you will never be truely aboriginal)

Make the game NSW clubs vs the other clubs,or even just the sydney clubs vs the rest it would be alot more interesting,dress everyone in aboriginal jerseys instead of those abortions the allstars call jerseys

It really shouldnt be a game of US vs THEM (Or in the case of alot of australians,part of myself vs the other parts of myself)

Us vs Them takes notice of the racial divide that should be abolished as a whole,which in alot of places the whiteys lose due to something called equal opportunity (aka reverse racism,see Austudy vs Abstudy and large companys hiring less qualified people due to the color of their skin,which in my view is using them as good PR instead of acknowledging them for being equal)

Its like sexism,because men done it wrong long before i was born i have to suffer the consequences of whats supposedly equal rights,As a man if i whistle at a woman i get persecuted,if a woman whistles at me no matter how uncomfortable it makes me (Yes 40+ ladies im looking at you!!!) and i complain im just a pussy right?

So go,call people rednecks for believing in all things being perfectly equal,allow the other races to be proud of their heritage but dont allow the white boy/girl to be proud of his heritage

**** the muskats lets just have a ****ing tea party in the middle of the field wearing ridiculous wigs,for the english/irish/scottish/welsh as our own version of the haka,or else we could.....Do a gay little jig or whatever,or ummm......whatever the **** it is welsh people do? (add carbon tax to an already tax saturated tax market,Thanks for GST LIBS! i havent forgotten you)

I WANT MY OWN HAKA THAT IS RELEVANT TO MY HERITAGE!!! (No muskats!!!)

BTW,who wants Tahu back in a sky blue jersey? lul

i hate talking about this sh*t on manly forum, cause the rednecks come out every time!

so many uneducated fools seem to get involved in 'these' discussions...

people who use the 'but they're whiter than me' line are seriously clueless.
i love the ones who say we need to be ONE country, but only if we do it the white way.

please stop embarrassing yourselves....

The Eagle said:
mozgrame said:
byso said:
Seriously

George Rose has whiter skin than i do,your arguement has never been so invalid

The problem with the game is its the aboriginals vs the world,which makes them think the world is really against them,imagine if it was the anglo's vs the world,that would be the most racist game in the history of racism

We are ONE country,which is definatly against the beliefs of Cathy Freeman,we should ACT like ONE country,instead of TWO countries,which we are NOT

I think the division is disgusting,the game should be celebrating our nation or infact the world,not a small sect of people who still live in the bush (Litterally i might add,because lets face it,if your driving and have money your not really living an aboriginal lifestyle and you might have aboriginal blood,but you will never be truely aboriginal)

Make the game NSW clubs vs the other clubs,or even just the sydney clubs vs the rest it would be alot more interesting,dress everyone in aboriginal jerseys instead of those abortions the allstars call jerseys

It really shouldnt be a game of US vs THEM (Or in the case of alot of australians,part of myself vs the other parts of myself)

Us vs Them takes notice of the racial divide that should be abolished as a whole,which in alot of places the whiteys lose due to something called equal opportunity (aka reverse racism,see Austudy vs Abstudy and large companys hiring less qualified people due to the color of their skin,which in my view is using them as good PR instead of acknowledging them for being equal)

Its like sexism,because men done it wrong long before i was born i have to suffer the consequences of whats supposedly equal rights,As a man if i whistle at a woman i get persecuted,if a woman whistles at me no matter how uncomfortable it makes me (Yes 40+ ladies im looking at you!!!) and i complain im just a pussy right?

So go,call people rednecks for believing in all things being perfectly equal,allow the other races to be proud of their heritage but dont allow the white boy/girl to be proud of his heritage

f**k the muskats lets just have a f**king tea party in the middle of the field wearing ridiculous wigs,for the english/irish/scottish/welsh as our own version of the haka,or else we could.....Do a gay little jig or whatever,or ummm......whatever the f**k it is welsh people do? (add carbon tax to an already tax saturated tax market,Thanks for GST LIBS! i havent forgotten you)

I WANT MY OWN HAKA THAT IS RELEVANT TO MY HERITAGE!!! (No muskats!!!)

BTW,who wants Tahu back in a sky blue jersey? lul

What i got out of this was George Rose has lighter skin than you so therefore, his Aboriginality is questionable, and that if you don't live an Aboriginal lifestyle, you can't claim to be truly Aboriginal?

Are you serious?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6