All stars game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Seriously

When the indigenous do the haka or whatever the Allstars should be given red coats and muscats and pretend to blow them away.

Definately don't want JWH back at Manly goin by his antics in this game. His game is all niggle and no footy.

I hope they don't take bets on these games.

Is it surprising that any play close to the line the indigenous do leads to a try.

Tallis's comment on JWH was right on the mark. He said JWH is a cat amongst the pidgeons. You can't fool Gordy. JWH is the biggest cat in the game, and Manu is useless. IA forwards are doing a good job.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Manly Daly said:
I saw Choc limp at the end , he has had alot of ankle injuries in the past.

Nah....he was just mocking GI ;)

Bowen looked good. He and JT in the 6 jersey may fire the Cowboys this year. How old is Bowen??

Who was the manly fan I was talking to at the copenhagen ice cream shop in surfers after the game.

Any of you good people?

byso said:
I hope they don't take bets on these games.

Haha I got $5 on the Allstars at half time. Stupid price.

I agree the game was way off the reffing standard we would hope for when the real comp starts but it was great to have a game back on. For a shorty Gallen just keeps delivering so the Sharkies could be an 8 hope (did I actually type that :) ).

Mb Well done, I was surprised when I saw that the Allstars won.

They mustn't of followed the script.

byso said:
Seriously

When the indigenous do the haka or whatever the Allstars should be given red coats and muscats and pretend to blow them away.

The majority of the Allstars could have done the Haka a fair chunk of the side were Kiwi's (would have been an awesome thing to see being Watangi Day yesterday)

the mauler said:
Definately don't want JWH back at Manly goin by his antics in this game. His game is all niggle and no footy.

Most forward packs need an 'enforcer' type player in their team and JWH fufil's this role for the Roosters and before you say we don't ask any opposition supporter who does it for Manly and they'll say Choc
If he can keep the penalties to a minimum but keep the physical presence i.e Gallen (infact model his game on Gal's)now would be a welcome addition to any team

eagles2win said:
byso said:
Seriously

The majority of the Allstars could have done the Haka a fair chunk of the side were Kiwi's (would have been an awesome thing to see being Watangi Day yesterday)

the mauler said:

Most forward packs need an 'enforcer' type player in their team and JWH fufil's this role for the Roosters and before you say we don't ask any opposition supporter who does it for Manly and they'll say Choc
If he can keep the penalties to a minimum but keep the physical presence i.e Gallen (infact model his game on Gal's)now would be a welcome addition to any team

He has no physical presence. The way he grabbed little Barba was embarrasing to any big man in the game, and showed his true mouselike heart in all its glory.

Sorry eagles2win but Waitangi Day is Monday not yesterday, it's 6th Feb. Just thought i'd make sure you Aussies know the correct day. Not that what day it is would affect a Haka performance, it's done full of passion every time, ask any Kiwi

mozgrame said:
eagles2win said:
byso said:
Seriously

the mauler said:

He has no physical presence. The way he grabbed little Barba was embarrasing to any big man in the game, and showed his true mouselike heart in all its glory.

I remember a u20s game he had with us and he knocked out 4 players from the opposition legally ie good honest tackles.
And you could tell the following weeks that sides feared him.

Some players in the past didn't really care how big or small the opposition were they just belted them ie there is a famous quote of Clive Churchill's playing against Farrell.
For the most part I want to see a Manly pack that scares teams even before kick off - when the comp is that even any psychological advantage is paramount.

I went, the beers were cold and the pies hot and better than the crap on TV currently.

Good to see Corso Pete, Eagles2win and Scotty (from this forum) plus Sammi, Sundance and Mary all regular MWTS members.

Choc played well, George hasn't lost any weight

I had a more traditional league night I went up the road to dolphin oval and stood on the hill and watch brisbane and cowboys. Wasn't a bad game considering there was only 8 regular first graders playing. Then watched the allstars on fox.

Hated the penalty rule made the game like touch footy.

I liked the 'six tackles again' innovation instead of a penalty when a minor indiscretion is committed. It keeps the match moving and doesn't reward the attacking team too greatly, unlike a free kick and a six-tackle restart.
I hope the NRL introduces this rule. It limits the influence of poor refereeing. Imaging if it came to rugby union; we might see a decent match at last!
I don't like the 13 V 11 powerplay rule. That is tricking up the game too much for me.
I did think that the refereeing was surprisingly good. Only blemish was when Dugan scored off a blatant forward pass - but that is because the video ref can't rule on anything that goes forward, which is ridiculous.
All in all I thought the match flowed well. I think it also highlighted that Hodges, Inglis and Idris have reputations far greater than their worth.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4