All star game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we are clutching at straws if you are trying to take anything away from that game in respect to Con’s future at 9. He would have been lucky to have played 10minutes. Likewise Walker, zero impact.

It was a low quality game. Pregame cultural extravaganza was far more exciting and executed better than the footy.

I didn’t watch the game but by the sounds of it the 6 again rule is going to be even more diabolical this year. Biggest blight on the game imo. Get rid of the sh!t show, are they trying to turn the hame into basketball where it’s constantly end to end?
The suits are forever trying to be innovative in areas that don't need to be tweaked. Then they drag their feet when something obvious requires change. The Greenberg syndrome.

I think we are clutching at straws if you are trying to take anything away from that game in respect to Con’s future at 9. He would have been lucky to have played 10minutes. Likewise Walker, zero impact.

It was a low quality game. Pregame cultural extravaganza was far more exciting and executed better than the footy.
Without the unlimited interchanges it would have been 48-42

I didn’t watch the game but by the sounds of it the 6 again rule is going to be even more diabolical this year. Biggest blight on the game imo. Get rid of the sh!t show, are they trying to turn the hame into basketball where it’s constantly end to end?
Touch footy.

Unlimited interchange was certainly noticeable and some very willing defence even if the attacking plays were a bit rusty but i st hit out so quite understandable . Cust did not look out of place at 9 when he featured and can only improve with more game time and then to be able to read the play better , looked fit and eager . Looks like Saddler can take the ball up well and is a strong runner but will have to brush up his defensive technique a bit . Probably not the type of game to suit the outside backs and with attacking plays or opportunities for Walker but with Foran and Schuster and ideally D C E setting up the plays effectively for Manly soon , should receive some decent attacking opportunities [ and not to overlook our wingers also ]

That game was played at a frantic pace with multiple replacements every 3 minutes by blokes short of a run and with only 2 training runs together .... neither team had any shape or structure and no set of 6 was building towards anything .. every play the ball was a cause unto itself ...

So, gauging form is difficult ... but, Cust went OK, but never owned the middle or dominated by attitude, allowed others to rule. .... Walker, looked physically good and played well ...

Saddler, as I said, with no structure in attack, players going on and off, hectic pace and short of a run .... he didn't look out of place against quality opposition ... some good carries and willing defense ... needs a fair bit of polishing .. but what 22 year old with no NRL experience doesn't ... will be better for the run and a certain keeper ... will push for a spot in the 17

I couldn't agree with you more. They want the game to be a highlights package. It's T20 style crap that has to go. The problem is that they were all high-fiving themselves last year at how good it was. Absolutely no idea. If I wanted to watch touch footy then that is what I would do, this is eroding the fabric of the game. They just can't help pulling that loose thread can they...

It was a horrible game of footy to watch. First game in a long time, not many training sessions together apparently. May be that all explains Walker's performance. He was worse then average, when rushing up in defence he really struggled to both hit and stick. Over running the ball and just rarely running the line he needed to run in attack. His timing was way out and he looked lost out there. Hopefully it all changes when executing Manly structures.

Funny thing is ... the tap restart from kicking out was supposed to speed up play ... so then the ironstines decide that the tap can be taken 10m, 20m in or from centre field ... so by the time the team discuss what they want to do ... then amble to the centre ... it is taking the same time or more ...

Was it just me or was Cust’s defence in the middle 3rd a little weak. Watching the game with high interest on Cust’s performance at 9 I do think he did his job in attack. I feel he didn’t hold the middle 3rd with his defence.
There where quick play the balls and players surpassing the advantage line in Custs corridor.
I see how he could be a great Hooker but what I seen last night he needs a touch more starch in his defence.

Funny thing is ... the tap restart from kicking out was supposed to speed up play ... so then the ironstines decide that the tap can be taken 10m, 20m in or from centre field ... so by the time the team discuss what they want to do ... then amble to the centre ... it is taking the same time or more ...
And kicking to touch will now become a tactic. It slows down the game and you get time to set your line in defence. Teams will definitely be doing this more often!

Was it just me or was Cust’s defence in the middle 3rd a little weak. Watching the game with high interest on Cust’s performance at 9 I do think he did his job in attack. I feel he didn’t hold the middle 3rd with his defence.
There where quick play the balls and players surpassing the advantage line in Custs corridor.
I see how he could be a great Hooker but what I seen last night he needs a touch more starch in his defence.
Which is the exact reason Croker should/will start at 9. He is a much better defender. Having a strong defensive 9 is even more important than ever and Croker would be up with the best of them.
Cust is a utility player not a starter!

What they are really trying to do is slowly rid the game of scrums. Scrums haven't been a genuine contest for the ball for decades now, and they are just a group cuddle that has turned into a joke. The ref even has to tell players when to break from them now.

They should just make 6 blokes from each side sit on the ground crosslegged holding hands in a circle whilst the attacking side gets a tap restart.

It was a horrible game of footy to watch. First game in a long time, not many training sessions together apparently. May be that all explains Walker's performance. He was worse then average, when rushing up in defence he really struggled to both hit and stick. Over running the ball and just rarely running the line he needed to run in attack. His timing was way out and he looked lost out there. Hopefully it all changes when executing Manly structures.
all of which begs the question: why do most people think Walker is a walk-up start for a centre position in our top team?
Is he as good as Funa, Harper or Parker?
Funa and Harper are more dynamic in attack and Parker is a better defender than Walker.
Is DESpicable the 'mad professor' as some still believe and will select players on form rather than reputation, or will he stick to the 2020 model of blocking opportunities for tyros?

all of which begs the question: why do most people think Walker is a walk-up start for a centre position in our top team?
Funa and Harper are more dynamic in attack and Parker is a better defender than Walker.
Is DESpicable the 'mad professor' as some still believe and will select players on form rather than reputation, or will he stick to the 2020 model of blocking opportunities for tyros?
Get the impression that Tippy Toes will be soon ahead of all of those centre contenders if Dylan has any form or other issues . Looks a strong and even dynamic runner and must have some reasonable defence . Harper is fairly sharp in attack so he is going to be there abouts in the centre options if the situation warrants as well , Still would have to think that Suli and Walker will get i st dibs but i like the look of Tippy toes and what he may be able to bring to the outside backs , even wing if need be .

1st game is a long time and 1st game at centre in an even longer time. To ask the question is he as good as parker? Fmd. Funa? Fmd or harper fmL... i am befuddled and my mind boggled at these questions you ask. Parker lol guy is ass and slower than Slowfua.

Suli will be right center and walker will be left center because Suli has been there for years now. Walker will do a great job with turbo and foran.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4