All over for Joe G

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have really missed Joe's hard straight running lately. The impact Joe had on our go forward was immense.
I too laugh at the Crowe comment, it just shows what a wanker he is. I wish the best of everything to Joe for his future and I am sure he will look back on his Sea Eagle days fondly.

Sad ending to a terrific career. Loved what he gave us and tough as they come. A very cheeky individual as well and I'm sure the team will miss his humour. Good luck Joe.

This has bought great sadness to me today ..Always knew Joe would make a impact for us its like losing a brother ..Good luck big fella :(:(

I would really love to see Super Joe stay on as an ambassador for the club. Classy player, classy team-man, classy individual. It's people like he and Kite that set up amazing club cultures.

Will miss you on the paddock mate !

sad to hear it ended his career this way , he gave everything he had each week for the manly club..

all the best to him and his family.

gives the boys more incentive this year..

Manly 2013

In RLW this week Joe says that the whole Crowe story is taken out of context and didn't play out the way the media reported it

He won't be taking a manly exclusive role, he is keen on adopting an NRL wide role helping young Polynesian players

240 quality games from a quality human. Very humble man, but he retires with two premiership rings for two different clubs 8 years apart. Not only has he got the two rings, but he rest easy knowing he had a big hand in securing both those premierships for his clubs with season long quality contributions. Good luck to the Hair Bear, hope the next stage of his life is fulfilling, he has a lot to offer.

I know the club will send both Kitey and Joe off in a big way in the last competition game at Brookie.

It would be great to see a bunch of Joe G masks on the hill.

He did the mighty maroon and white jersey proud.

Congratulations on a wonderful career Joe!!! Sad it has to end like this but that's life. Won a couple of premierships, played for both NZ and Samoa and started your NRL career as a fullback and ended it as a front rower. Pretty cool career if you ask me. Was so awesome you came to Manly and finished your playing career here and to top it off won a premiership here. Will really miss your no frills, tough as guts, leg driving runs and your punishing hard hitting tackles. Most of all though what will be missed most is your off the field contributions. Such a professional with amazing work ethic and dedication. A great
role model for youngsters to follow. Really wishing Big Joe the best in his future endeavours. Would love to see back here some day in some capacity. Cheers Joe Galuvao!!!!

One of my favourite players, Smokin Joe was a great clubman & could always be relied on to make the tough yards up the middle.

Will miss his big grin :D

Joe is a champion! One of my favourite players, always gave it his all. It's a shame it ended like this, but he had an amazing career.

Dual title winner was unstopable with penrith in 2003. I would hope he is employed by nrl for pacific islander role like nigel vagana.

If this is 'official' then I wish him all the best in his footy retirement and thanks him for all his Manly efforts.

(Well, even if it's not official.)

Whilst this is hardly a surprising development it is still a very disappointing way to end a great career. All the best Joe.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4