All over for Joe G

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Hitting the showers

Joe Galuvao has confirmed his season-ending injury is also a career-ending one. The Manly forward suffered a serious leg injury against Cronulla last month and, given he is off contract and soon to turn 35, concedes there will be no coming back. ''I'm not going around again next year,'' the two-time premiership winner said. ''It's sad it finished the way it did but I'm a bit of a realist and these things happen. I've had a good run and, despite the injury, I can look back fondly.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/winning-record-cant-save-rue-20130525-2n3rl.html#ixzz2UM3u2rFO

It is realistic to expect that Joe will not be coming back at the age of 35, but I would hope we could offer him a role if he wanted it. Maybe player welfare or something like that. He would be such-a good mentor for our younger Poleynesian players

A sad way to end it for Joe.g. Im so glad he was able to win a premiership while playing for us. All the best mate.

Manly, please allow us to cheer him off at Brookie soon :idea:

Love the big hearted JoeeG - thanks for all the great times:angel:

Terrible, terrible news :(

We've lost a solid player and, from all accounts, a fantastic club man :(

All the best in retirement Big Joe!!

Good man is Joe.

King might be next so we can free up some cap space for soemone who plays more than 3 games a year.

One of the most consistent in the nrl for an age. He deserves a brooky send off with full honours. I wish him all the best and a massive thank you for all the hard work.

Yes please. Brookie sendoff and some sort of mentoring role for the young blokes. He is a very good man who seems to have an easy relationship with the younger players.

Joe G you are a legend, thank you for all of your hard work, determination and great team spirit..! I wish you all the very best for your retirement..!! :)

Thanks for all your hard work when at Manly, Joe G. Good luck for the future, and i hope you enjoy your time with your family.

If Toovey is inclined to only use 16 players in a match then maybe Joe can get another appearance this season on the bench ;)

He's an all round good guy who played the game tough. He thoroughly deserved every bit of success that had come his away.

One thing that makes me laugh is when I think about how Russell Crowe advised Joe that he should retire. From that point onwards he signs with two different clubs and makes a grand final appearance for both.

Announced in time for Manly to grab someone else prior to 30 Junee deadline i would guess.

King could well be next, strong rumours he is also done.

bob dylan said:
Announced in time for Manly to grab someone else prior to 30 Junee deadline i would guess.

King could well be next, strong rumours he is also done.
If that's true we will lose King, Kite and Joe next year. That will free up some cash.

Sad to see it end due to injury and not on his own terms but good luck to the big fella for the future.

Sad to see it end this way but he has been a real gladiator for us thanks Joe and good luck. Now considering this, if he retires now, surely Manly could re hire him in a coaching advisory role for the rest of the year and free up his player salary cap money now for a June 30 purchase ??? Who could we pick up from NSW or QLD cup ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6