all Hail Froggy .... 100 milestone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
For a bloke with limitations ... he has drained every bit of success possible from his talent ...

If ever a player personified what the Manly culture of old was built on ... it is Froggy ... From his never quit attitude following 3 ACL injuries at the start of his career .. to his never quit performance on the field each week ... he deserves our respect and praise.

It is no surprise that 3 successive coaches have retained him, when he could easily have been disgarded ...

I, for one, will be saddened the day when we eventually get a "better" hooker ... probably for twice the price.

Congrats on your 100th this week Froggy ... it will be overshadowed by DCE's 300th of course ... but I can't see you complaining about it ... doesn't seem to be your go ..

and to all the crocker knockers ... get that inta ya ...

Last edited:
Seems like just yesterday he was a maroon and white tadpole…

100 games is quite the effort for a bloke that was “not a 5/8” long before he was “not a hooker”…

Next-big-thing and representative hookers have come and gone (to jail and, worse still, the tigpies) but Froggy has been a constant stalwart of defence in a team that has often lacked resolve in that area otherwise…

he may struggle to pass on a freeway and it is doubtful that he knows what the advantage line is but he puts his head where other blokes refuse to put their hands and he looks absolutely spent after every game in our colours…

Well done Froggy, huge effort(s)…

A great achievement.

On Sunday alone Croker played 80 minutes, had a try, 2 line break assists, a 40/20 and made 42 tackles... on an estimated contract worth around $300k.

But a lot of people here think he's the reason that our forwards often don't do so well.

I would bet that if you put Croker in at hooker next to the forward pack at Penrith or the Broncos, they would still very much be at the top of the table...

Croker would admit himself he didn’t want to be a hooker , He played like a reluctant hooker,hence why he got criticised for a lot of his play
Once he realised that’s where the coach was playing him he grew in confidence , And now Manly have a competent hooker that they can rely on
Surely Manly could benefit from a more running hooker and that may come
when CKT is ready and they share the duties but for now he deserves the accolades that come with playing his 100th game
Well done Croker 👍

If he had regularly played behind AFB and Kapow ( in his glory days) like API and Fainu did he certainly would have stood out more. Has certainly grown into the role. If we have players like the Turbo bros and DCE you need a few good Froggy like players in the team to be competitive with the salary cap. All hail 🐸 froggy.

Just had to find his most suited position at i st grade level after quite a journey with very mixed results in a few backline positions and to bravely overcome so many injury setbacks .
Praise of the highest order , not the most fashionable of 9 's in the comp but with sheer determination and staying power , has also overcome some minor deficiencies as a 9 to be an integral and valuable part of the pack

A great achievement.

On Sunday alone Croker played 80 minutes, had a try, 2 line break assists, a 40/20 and made 42 tackles... on an estimated contract worth around $300k.

But a lot of people here think he's the reason that our forwards often don't do so well.

I would bet that if you put Croker in at hooker next to the forward pack at Penrith or the Broncos, they would still very much be at the top of the table...
That's the thing, isn't it? For 300k he is one of the bargain contracts in the entire league.

These days an average first grader is getting 500k under an ever increasing salary cap.

But hey keep bagging him Froggy haters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8