• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Is this bloke fair Dinkum about global warming. Or is he using the cause to bolster future presidential chances?

****ing hell. Look at the facts before saying this ****. We are ****ing our planet yet everyone's pretending its not happening because it threatens their way of life.

FYI, he is not running for president, nobody in america really likes him. And yes, he is for real. Watch "An Inconvenient Truth" if you need any information on global warming.

saw him on the news being called a hypocrite by some website undercover mob, because he chews through 30K of electricity a year. What they failed to say was that he does it all through carbon credits ie it green energy. Funnily enough this is one of the major things he is pushing.

You will also find clinton is legit as well, but as you can probably understand had he made the changes when he was president (before is was acknowledged at all) he would hav been dead before the end of the month.

Exactly right on clinton.

Thing I hate is not everybody has a hidden agenda.

Its sad to see because Gore was pushing this issue in the 70's. We wait until the worlds biggest ice shelf breaks off before we even consider listening to whats been known for nearly half a century.

Its your daughter who's going to have to live through it mate so I'd check the facts before dismissing it like you are.

1172792283_11_FT142123_glacier.jpg

He was on Parkinson a while ago talking about this. When asked why he hadnt mentioned one of the worlds largest Oil companies in his report , he ummed and ahhhed. Then Parko asked him if it had anything to do with the fact this Oil co contributed Millions of dollars to his Presidential campaign. He ummed and ahhed again. This is the real problem. All the big contributors to global warming are also the largest contributors to presidential campaigns. Basically paying off the future presidents of the USA.

But at least he is trying to do something. Credit must be given to that fact.

Good info Flip. Any idea on what the numbers represent in the last diagram?

Flip I'm not disputing Global warming and I'd have to question your comprehension skills as to how you think I do!

I'm questioning Al Gores motives.

Time will tell if he goes for the presidency again over his new found popularity over this issue.

no no no, all gore has been campaigning in U.S government over glabal warming since the 1970's.

Now that he is not a polician he has started touring the states and the world with his message, instead of falling on dead ears in congress.

He has already ruled himself out of the running for the 2008 presidency.

American's are a very disposable society, much like australia but with 15 time's the population. It's not a popular message to cut down on the big cars and buy energy efficent appliances ect ect, so he's not doing it for an campaign.

Good info Flip. Any idea on what the numbers represent in the last diagram?

Its got more to do with the shading of the arrows than the number. The thinker shading being more radiation being trapped.

there was an interesting report on 4 corners on monday night about the global warming/climate change issue. The reason it is now known as climate change is quite simply that a study recommended it as less dramatic than global warming and the report was sent straight to bush.

They also interviewed a "scientist" who claims it will be a good thing, this is the same "scientist" who claimed that there are no links between smoking and ill health. Exon has paid money into at least 1 of his reasearch projects. He is now openly opposing the UN report that was the biggest scinetific report ever created with more than 2000 scinetists research considered from numerous countries in every continent (bar antarctica).

Fair enough Flip looks like you've spent a bit of time following his movements. Too me he seems like a charismatic bloke and is "probably" fair dinkum.

He may make a good President in years to come. He doesn't seem too old.

Byso, you do know he was the bloke "beaten" by bush in the state of florida in the 2000 election. He's been there tried it.

I would like to see him in power more than anyone but it doesn't look like happening.

Yep, I know that. But they can have another go.....can't they.

It seems like Global warming is becoming the "in thing" with popular politics so who knows what will happen.

Yeah he can have as many cracks as he likes I think. Unless elected.

Im not so sure its the 'in' thing. I think everyone wants someone else to do something about it.

What we need to remember is any government who promises to do something over a time frame longer than their term in office is full of ****.

Take for instance Howards attempt to win votes by fasing out certain light globes over the next 10 years. Its just a ****ing lye because he won't be around to do it then.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4