Aitken

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saw some discussion on Aitken recently but can't remember where so apologies for start a new thread.

But have been reading Aitken is on the outer with Mcgregor and won't be lining up round one with Lafai and Lomax in the centres.

I think regardless of the Walker situation we sould be all over this.

I've a lot of time for Aitken....and would certainly take him over Michael Jennings
Aitken is a gun . A little injury prone but when he is on he is on
He is powerful , has a sharp step great acceleration and is only 23 and peaking towards his best .
Watch how he fends off Big Inglis . Aitken The best is yet to come !

Genuine question ..... (I don't watch many St Choke games) ..... if Aitken is a gun and a must have ..... why is he being shopped around and why hasn't he be snapped up toot sweet ..... ?

https://silvertails.net/threads/euan-aitken.50031/#post-833428

@smithy @Snake @Fluffy @tookey (kinda)
@The Indian

I can’t find the bit where I was ridiculed and shouted down. Must have imagined it.

I am one of those named on that list. It's my first visit back to the site in months and I got a name check on first post I read.....spooky...

My opinion would still be that Aitken has the look of a centre who will end up a back rower and is quite powerful now but is already losing most of his speed. Dragons fans I know admit at how slow he is for a centre already even though he's still quite young. But yes quite powerful in short yardage situations in the red zone.

Doesn't surprise me at all they would shop him around. We need a genuine long term centre.

But hey it's just an opinion...….

Genuine question ..... (I don't watch many St Choke games) ..... if Aitken is a gun and a must have ..... why is he being shopped around and why hasn't he be snapped up toot sweet ..... ?
That is a good question . The only thing I can think of is that it may be only a rumour as I have not seen anything official.
One fact is that he was selected by Freddy Fittler in his 2019 Emerging Blues squad.
2019 EMERGING BLUES
Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
Matt Lodge (Brisbane Broncos)
Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos)
Jayden Brailey (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Kyle Flanagan (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Curtis Scott (Melbourne Storm)
Jesse Ramien (Newcastle Knights)
Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels)
Waqa Blake (Penrith Panthers)
Shawn Blore (Penrith Panthers)
Jack Hetherington (Penrith Panthers)
Dylan Edwards (Penrith Panthers)
Moses Leota (Penrith Panthers)
Campbell Graham (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Robert Jennings (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Euan Aitken (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Blake Lawrie (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Cameron McInnes (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Reece Robson (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Victor Radley (Sydney Roosters)
Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)EE

Rate Aitken. Quite surprised he can't get a gernsey now they have Lomax. Lafai is genuine class and a better all round player right now, but Euan could definately eclipse him in coming years. Not sure about the hype surrounding Lomax but then again I was quite tepid over Mitchell and look at him explode...

Plenty of emerging centres in that list, I counted at least 7 ...
Staggs
Ramien
Blake
Scott
Jennings
Aitken
Lomax ...

In fact, Parker and Suli must be disappointed to have missed Freddie’s cut, maybe next year.

Staggs
Ramien
Blake
Scott
Jennings
Aitken
Lomax ...

In fact, Parker and Suli must be disappointed to have missed Freddie’s cut, maybe next year.

Suli was named last year along with Lachlan Croker as well as a number of players who arent even in first grade a year on, shows how much notice we should pay to these lists.....

The 2018 Emerging Blues squad (in club and alphabetical order) is:

Tevita Pengai Jr. (Brisbane Broncos)
Michael Lichaa (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Nick Cotric (Canberra Raiders)
Jayden Brailey (Cronulla Sharks)
Kyle Flanagan (Cronulla Sharks)
Jessie Ramien (Cronulla Sharks)
Lachlan Croker (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Jack Gosiewski (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Brian Kelly (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Luke Metcalf (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Brock Lamb (Newcastle Knights)
Connor Watson (Newcastle Knights)
Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
Bevan French (Parramatta Eels)
Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)
Kyle Schneider (Parramatta Eels)
Jake Hazard (Sydney Roosters)
Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)
Angus Crichton (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Tyrell Fuimaono (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Matt Dufty (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jai Field (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Hame Sele (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers)
Bayley Sironen (Wests Tigers)
Moses Suli (Wests Tigers)
Alex Twal (Wests Tigers)

Geez @Shoe1 you need you need to develop some thicker skin .... to quote my comment

"I'm not sold. A mate who is a dragons fan said he is strong but not quick. Undersized and never passes the ball to his outside man."

To be honest Im even more sold than back then on not rating him. Poor reads in defence, small, slow and wont pass. Id see him as a possible wing option given his strength would be his .... strength with the carries back. Although those poor reads and tendencies to jump in and get no one remind me too much of one of our centres already. I can see why the dragons are looking to offload him with young Lomax coming through.

Geez @Shoe1 you need you need to develop some thicker skin .... to quote my comment

"I'm not sold. A mate who is a dragons fan said he is strong but not quick. Undersized and never passes the ball to his outside man."

To be honest Im even more sold than back then on not rating him. Poor reads in defence, small, slow and wont pass. Id see him as a possible wing option given his strength would be his .... strength with the carries back. Although those poor reads and tendencies to jump in and get no one remind me too much of one of our centres already. I can see why the dragons are looking to offload him with young Lomax coming through.
I was just bored. Bring on the season. Maybe I need to go back to work!

Lomax has Massive abilty but not huge on Lafai and rate Aitken better by a fait bit.
I don’t get the stuff about his size, seems powerful, not lightning quick but sharp on his feet and rarely misses key tackles....maybe Aitken just plays well when I see Illawarra play.

That is a good question . The only thing I can think of is that it may be only a rumour as I have not seen anything official.
One fact is that he was selected by Freddy Fittler in his 2019 Emerging Blues squad.
2019 EMERGING BLUES
Matt Lodge (Brisbane Broncos)
Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos)
Jayden Brailey (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Kyle Flanagan (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Jesse Ramien (Newcastle Knights)
Waqa Blake (Penrith Panthers)
Shawn Blore (Penrith Panthers)
Jack Hetherington (Penrith Panthers)
Robert Jennings (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Euan Aitken (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Blake Lawrie (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Cameron McInnes (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)EE
Robert Jennings is the best available IMO

I’m with you Maxta. Better than Laffai easily. He absolutely destroys us when we play them so not sure where the knock comes from. If he gets close to the line the bloke scores almost every time.

Could be any number of reasons he is being shopped, the most likely being they want to keep the great talent that is Lomax and Aitken is on big money too. Doesn’t mean he can’t play. Put it this way if Dylan is out he eats what we have left by a long long way.

Aitken would be a handy pick up but I must admit, other than Mitchell and perhaps Manu, there are no other centres that get me hugely excited. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of solid centres going around but not many that I would say are exceptional. Dylan, fully fit and switched on, can be exceptional.

Staggs
Ramien
Blake
Scott
Jennings
Aitken
Lomax ...

Mate , I am a Suli fan but last season he was mediocre and did not live up to his expectations . I do expect better things from him and Parker this season .
I hope the old saying of what a difference a day makes can also apply to what a difference a year makes to all our 2018 backs

Suli was named last year along with Lachlan Croker as well as a number of players who arent even in first grade a year on, shows how much notice we should pay to these lists.....

The 2018 Emerging Blues squad (in club and alphabetical order) is:

Tevita Pengai Jr. (Brisbane Broncos)
Michael Lichaa (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Nick Cotric (Canberra Raiders)
Jayden Brailey (Cronulla Sharks)
Kyle Flanagan (Cronulla Sharks)
Jessie Ramien (Cronulla Sharks)
Lachlan Croker (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Jack Gosiewski (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Brian Kelly (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Luke Metcalf (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Brock Lamb (Newcastle Knights)
Connor Watson (Newcastle Knights)
Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
Bevan French (Parramatta Eels)
Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)
Kyle Schneider (Parramatta Eels)
Jake Hazard (Sydney Roosters)
Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)
Angus Crichton (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Tyrell Fuimaono (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Matt Dufty (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jai Field (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Hame Sele (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers)
Bayley Sironen (Wests Tigers)
Moses Suli (Wests Tigers)
Alex Twal (Wests Tigers)
Moses break out season with the Tigers was out standing and his selection was warranted . The Majority on this list have proven to be champs !

I was just bored. Bring on the season. Maybe I need to go back to work!

and a sense of humour, mine was a piss take given all the young guns usually have a youtube highlights clip full or tries and no defence with crap music

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6