Aitken

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Saw some discussion on Aitken recently but can't remember where so apologies for starting a new thread.

But have been reading Aitken is on the outer with Mcgregor and won't be lining up round one with Lafai and Lomax in the centres.

I think regardless of the Walker situation we sould be all over this.

I've a lot of time for Aitken....and would certainly take him over Michael Jennings

Last edited:
Whispers say( and I'm not saying it ) he's a bit of a big head dick don't they? Do we need another Duggan , Ferguson type knob? Probably already had enough of those?

That being said if the whispers are not on the money he is a talented young player. But given his talent for Stmerge to let him go there must be some issue behind the scene.

Whispers say( and I'm not saying it ) he's a bit of a big head dick don't they? Do we need another Duggan , Ferguson type knob? Probably already had enough of those?

That being said if the whispers are not on the money he is a talented young player. But given his talent for Stmerge to let him go there must be some issue behind the scene.

Dugan plays for them (when he hasn't torn a heartlidge).

So I strongly doubt they have Aitken on the outer for being a di*khead.

I always had my heart in my mouth whenever Aitken had the ball anywhere near our try line. It would be pretty great to have him doing that to other clubs in our colours. I trust Des and Crusher though.

Hahahahahaha you are absolutely correct.

Too many beers when I typed that gem.

Apologies to @Eagle of London for my brain fart.
You had me fooled with your conviction. Completely forgot he moved to the sharks last year. Shows what a let down he must have been.

Or more likely I have early set dementia coming on. Too bad I can't forget the last 3 NRL years.

Aitken at his best is too good for reserve grade but don "t think that he would come under serious consideration at Manly right now apart from his no doubt reasonably high price tag . Nothing can be assured but have a fair bit of confidence that Walker [ if he is available and more likely now that he will be ], Garrick , Suli , Jorge , Elliot and ,Fanu can get the job done in the outside back:s department for this season .

Two years ago I advocated signing aitken, and I was SHOUTED DOWN and RIDICULED by most silvertails. Too slow you said.

Then he had 2 good seasons including embarrassing the manly backs more than once.

Now he is a PRIORITY for silvertails.

Two years ago I advocated signing aitken, and I was SHOUTED DOWN and RIDICULED by most silvertails. Too slow you said.

Then he had 2 good seasons including embarrassing the manly backs more than once.

Personally always been a fan

His solid defence is the biggest part of the appeal.....not huge of passing.....but still a fan

Go on, name and shame those who were so rude. I know you want to.
I know it wasn't me. I hadn't heard of the bloke two years ago.

Not by me. Always liked aitken

Yeah, crazy right?

Two years ago we had Lyon and Walker in the Centres.

Now we're looking at the possibility of Suli and Garrick.

But why ever would Aitken look better now?

Aitken at his best is too good for reserve grade but don "t think that he would come under serious consideration at Manly right now apart from his no doubt reasonably high price tag . Nothing can be assured but have a fair bit of confidence that Walker [ if he is available and more likely now that he will be ], Garrick , Suli , Jorge , Elliot and ,Fanu can get the job done in the outside back:s department for this season .

Last year, word was that if James Roberts hadn't been picked for Origin it would have been Aitken playing for the Blues. That's a bit better than just being too good for reserve grade.

If I was in charge of a choice between Michael Jennings and Aitken, I'd go for Aitken 9 times out of 10. Every time St Merge have played us in the past couple of years (they've hammered us in our past 3 clashes), he has carved the living daylights out of us.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6