After watching the Storm tonight....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
A few personal observations and views:-
Young Walker could have a very short NRL career, last night his wingmen went missing and he copped a hiding ... he already looks broken ...
to beat the Storm our defence needs to improve dramatically ....
Storm continue to get away with forward passes and off sides, and they don't need that help
I love the steady play that Croker has given of late but my team to beat Storm would have Lawton at hooker with Walker, Keppie, Marty and Sipley on the bench
I actually think our D is pretty good. If you look back over last few months a lot of tries have been from kicks when teams havent been able to knock down the door. Obvs we need to defend those kicks better but we are getting there.

Roosters need Keary back, because Walker was exposed as a failure last night. The halfback's job is to organise the attack (or so I'm informed) and they never looked like threatening the Storm's line all night.
Also I'd say they need a new captain too, the team was looking for something to get them going and aside from running in circles a few times there was zero leadership to be seen. Certainly didn't see him berating his forwards etc.
Probably need a younger coach too, someone who understands the modern game.
Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

Would not want to play storm in the wet. They are easily the best wet weather football team. Would need a dry track and a fast flowing game for us to have a chance. Their defence is still exceptional. Their attack will only get better once sonic returns and they always go to another level in finals footy.

On our day though we can match it with them, would need to play a complete 80 min performance.

Roosters need Keary back, because Walker was exposed as a failure last night. The halfback's job is to organise the attack (or so I'm informed) and they never looked like threatening the Storm's line all night.
Also I'd say they need a new captain too, the team was looking for something to get them going and aside from running in circles a few times there was zero leadership to be seen. Certainly didn't see him berating his forwards etc.
James Hooper, come on down!

Agree re Hynes. I actually don’t think he will excel outside Tge Storm. He might prove me wrong. I also thought he goes a bit sideways - in fact a number of heir players do.
He’s a great player, but improving the sharks will be a bridge too far I think.

The 18 year olds at Easts aren’t going to save them.

suallii can’t catch very well, and walker is all energy with little substance.

How was Joey last night talking him up after he danced a few sidesteps and kicked it over the dead ball line?? It was a nothing play, and a dumb poorly executed kick on the 3rd.

Joey said the coach will love to see that because he is not scared to take a risk!!! No coach I know would have liked that play, most would be red in the face screaming.

Poor Walker was on a hiding to nothing behind a pack that didn't go forward. The Chooks struggled to make 30m a set. I actually felt sorry for the young kid. He will be a superstar but at 19, it's so hard to play in those games where the opposition are up in your face all night.

The 18 year olds at Easts aren’t going to save them.

walker is all energy with little substance.
The kid is an out and out star. You should see some of the plays he comes up with when the rest of his team turn up. There was nothing in that game for a 19 year old last night; his forwards were completely obliterated.

He will make you eat your words in the coming years; the best half prospect to come through since Thurston.

The kid is an out and out star. You should see some of the plays he comes up with when the rest of his team turn up. There was nothing in that game for a 19 year old last night; his forwards were completely obliterated.

He will make you eat your words in the coming years.
Probably yes agreed. Tough gig for him right now though.

We are so far behind Melbourne, it's not funny. You don't just have a few wins against the likes of the Titans and Cowboys and suddenly compete with last years premiers. We were down 12 and 24 points respectively in those games too. You do that against Melbourne and it's good night.

We are so far behind Melbourne, it's not funny. You don't just have a few wins against the likes of the Titans and Cowboys and suddenly compete with last years premiers. We were down 12 and 24 points respectively in those games too. You do that against Melbourne and it's good night.
Set for set and no errors ,we will beat them .

Would have to think that Manly at full strength and on an individual player comparison would measure up quite well against the Storm . Then the other requirements come into play so to speak . getting into the grind with them , intensity levels , aggressive and well organized defence, good field position . Things to get the Storm out of their natural and well drilled rhythm .. so would need the play makers like Schuster and Foz [ and D C E "s kicking game ] at their best . Think that Manly at full strength can still go up a cog or two , whether it will be good enough to match the likes of he Storm will be another matter of course .

Not making errors and going set for set are part of being a good football side...another area where Melbourne are superior.
Storm are currently the best team in the comp. No questions there at all. The Storm are also clearly superior to us right now. On top of that they have some quality players coming back into that team soon. (Harry Grant, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Ryan Papenhuyzen)

Manly are currently the most improved team in the comp, and we are yet to put our best team on the field at any time this season. We also have some quality players coming back around the same time as well (Jake Trbojevic, Josh Schuster, Josh Aloiai).

Manly V Storm, Round 21, August 7, Brookvale Oval will answer a lot of questions for us. We will either compete at that level with the Storm, or we wont. If we don't compete at that level, we will be simply making up the numbers for the finals.

However, I think we have far more upside then the Storm has going forward. Potentially they have already peaked, as the Panthers did earlier in the season. We are a long way from hitting that peak, and definitely have a chance to make the GF. Can we win a GF against the Storm in 2021? Nobody on this site knows the answer to that question, but we will know a bit more on August 7.

Last edited:
Would have to think that Manly at full strength and on an individual player comparison would measure up quite well against the Storm . Then the other requirements come into play so to speak . getting into the grind with them , intensity levels , aggressive and well organized defence, good field position . Things to get the Storm out of their natural and well drilled rhythm .. so would need the play makers like Schuster and Foz [ and D C E "s kicking game ] at their best . Think that Manly at full strength can still go up a cog or two , whether it will be good enough to match the likes of he Storm will be another matter of course .
It will come down to everyone doing that bit extra on the day in defense and attack ,cannot wait for round 21, it should be a ripper .

Storm are currently the best team in the comp. No questions there at all. The Storm are also clearly superior to us right now. On top of that they have some quality players coming back into that team soon. (Harry Grant, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Ryan Papenhuyzen)

Manly are currently the most improved team in the comp, and we are yet to put our best team on the field at any time this season. We also have some quality players coming back around the same time as well (Jake Trbojevic, Josh Schuster, Josh Aloiai).

Manly V Storm, Round 21, August 7, Brookvale Oval will answer a lot of questions for us. We will either compete at that level with the Storm, or we wont. If we don't compete at that level, we will be simply making up the numbers for the finals.

However, I think we have far more upside then the Storm has going forward. Potentially they have already peaked, as the Panthers did earlier in the season. We are a long way from hitting that peak, and definitely have a chance to make the GF. Can we win a GF against the Storm in 2021? Nobody on this site knows the answer to that question, but we will know a bit more on August 7.
Good luck to any side against Melbourne in a semi-final later in the year.

Olam hits like Matai ... pity Suli didn't give that when he had the chance

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11