After watching the Storm tonight....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We have more strike in our backline.

Thoughts?

Obviously they are a better side across the park just doing what the storm do best but honestly the way we have been able to unlock sides with our current attack lines looks faster and better drilled.

Just an opinion 🤷

Thoughts?

Obviously they are a better side across the park just doing what the storm do best but honestly the way we have been able to unlock sides with our current attack lines looks faster and better drilled.

Just an opinion 🤷

Completely agree.

I will also add that our best pack will match theirs as well.

We will all know soon enough after we play them.

I can't find room for many (any) of their players in our best seventeen. Maybe Finucane?

Thoughts?

Just an opinion 🤷
Yeah but their defence is ruthless. They aren't even trying to score points but they bash the opposition into submission and can't help but score. We are going well against the lesser teams but haven't come up against anything like what Storm are serving up right now. If they lose a game it will be 16-10, we need to learn to grind because aiming for a high scoring win isn't gonna happen.

Yeah but their defence is ruthless. They aren't even trying to score points but they bash the opposition into submission and can't help but score. We are going well against the lesser teams but haven't come up against anything like what Storm are serving up right now. If they lose a game it will be 16-10, we need to learn to grind because aiming for a high scoring win isn't gonna happen.
I think if Manly get into a grind,it will highlight certain deficiencies the team has.Lawton and Walker have been great recently in free flowing games,but not sure how they’ll handle an arm wrestle,given both are basically playing out of position.And Tom is not going to have the same leeway he’s been getting since his return.Those sort of games maybe few and far between them though given the new rules

Great looking bench mate, but I prefer ours.
14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Taupau
17. Sipley/Keppie

Don’t agree. This Storm backline is performing against all comers. Ours still needs to prove itself against the best.

Remember, they still have Paps to come back in.
And bench Nico. Strike comes in and strike goes out.

Thing is Melbourne play a 10 out of 10 on a good week and an 8 out 10 in a bad week.
They would not have lost that Newcastle game we lost
No they wouldn't have.
That is the difference between the two teams.
They are still beatable though.
I am looking forward to watching that happen.

Roosters were pathetic tonight. They have many good players, but their self belief & confidence is shot, esp. against the top teams. They lost Keary, their key playmaker, early in the season and since then Friend, Morris & Cordner have all medically retired. It appears they will need to start afresh next season.

Don’t agree. This Storm backline is performing against all comers. Ours still needs to prove itself against the best.

Remember, they still have Paps to come back in.
Yep, 50-0 against Bunnies and 46-0 against Roosters, they are on another level. Grant and Paps have barely played. Panthers winning streak had them under the radar. I'd back them against the Panthers tomorrow, even with Cleary.

Whilst we may match them for strike power, and even talent, the Storm are much better at mastery of the Rules than Manly - and every other team - hands down.

They control when they give away 6-agains and its done with purpose (to halt momentum), and they back their def to hold out a couple of extra tackles as the price of stopping the roll-on. This will be our test when we play them later - can we crack the way they control a game's pace?

They train for 1on1 strips and use it as an effective tactic. I can see Des would be prepping our guys for this, but it's hard to defend against when they do it with such precision - setting the steal up with 3 guys in the tackle, and then 2 drop off at the perfect time.

They use the substitution rules due to HIA / High-Shots very effectively to move players around and create extra substitution options. Discipline is extra important, and grubs like Munster know how to milk.

They target key players - Sam Walker tonight was bludgeoned out of the game and the Chooks got a bagel. They will have a containment strategy for Tom and will be out to hurt him.

And as we all know they control the wrestle like no other, they aim to turtle players on their backs and then lie in the ruck so the quick play-the-ball is reduced. Even if its a fraction of a second per play, it all adds up over a game, and again kills momentum.

Extremely well coached, with the shortest learning curve of any team for rule changes - and how best to exploit them. This is not a criticism on the Storm, actually its the opposite. They are just the most devious team in the NRL, and Manly are are not their league in that regard. Des has stacked up well against Bellamy in years past, but Bellamy is just in a class of his own with these new rules.

After watching the storm tonight, i have watched the sh1t show that is The Matty Johns Late show. How pathetic is fox league right now. And on that, how can they all be together under COVID rules.....they can all work from home, Tallis is.

Roosters were pathetic tonight. They have many good players, but their self belief & confidence is shot, esp. against the top teams. They lost Keary, their key playmaker, early in the season and since then Friend, Morris & Cordner have all medically retired. It appears they will need to start afresh next season.
I agree that injuries have cooked their season but they have handy replacements for their retirees. Tupinoua for Cordner, Verrills for Friend, Sualii for BMoz and a fit Keary. I think they'll be top 4 next year if injuries permit.

Unlike most teams when the Storm get injuries the players that come in preform and could make the run on side of any of the top 8 sides.
The Roosters have a few injuries and it's showing, pretty much the same with us last season.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10