After watching again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I watched the game again yesterday I kept an eye on a few things

1 - Orford
2 - Ballin
3 - The Storm Attack and defence

Orford had a cracking game, the Fox commentators still tried to death ride him a bit but he ran a lot of plays and he positioned himself off the ball a lot which put the Storm defence in two minds. His play off the ball was as good as on the ball. He had one or two bade decisions but in general really stood up.

Lyon complimented him very well

I think Ballin was the unsung hero, he went through a mountain of work, he laid the platform through the first half, himself and Kite really put in. I don't think Ballin received enough praise for the very strong work he did, very impressed

The Storm, as some have suggested, did not play poorly. Manly just put them under way too much pressure, with some better service from Dummy half, they may have gotten across for a few tries but no way would they have won. Manly had them pinned in their own half because of incredible kick chase and defense. Manly were just awesome, the Storm tried some moves but nothing from the halfback would have worked.

Also want to give a huuuuge wrap to B.Stewarts defense. It's rare to see a Fullback defending up in the line so much. Even in our own 20, Stewart was tackling before the forwards and shutting down plays. I had to do a double take a few times, when he made tackles, a fullback really had no right to make.

All in all it was a huuuuuuge game by Manly and a big game by Melbourne, who would have beaten most teams in the comp on Sunday, but Manly would have beaten any team of the last 5 or so years!

CliffyIsGod link said:
So how many times have you watched it, Dan?

that was around the 5th, but I have only partial recordings because MyStar stuffed up

every time I watch it, is like I am watching it for the first time, I stand about 3 ft from the TV and yell at it.

Leanne asks me every time "Are we winning?" or "Did we win?" cheeky bitch

I have watched it at least 6 times and you do pick up more each time. You are right about Matt Ballin's game - he was very good and as Des says "flies under the radar"..... Bring on 2009!

Dan link said:

What did he do? say "great kick Matt", or "gee I like what you've done with your hair Ox"

Maybe he complemented him.

Actually my thoughts after watching it again were;

OX & Lyon both had great games - Jamie is a great 5/8 now
Beaver & King had blinders
Agree Ballin had a massive game - some great runs apart from his try
Back row of Hall, Stewart, Choc were all over the place
Both wingers were dynamite

In short they all played well which goes with the result but the above deserve call out.

Also I have to watch it again but I didn't realise how close Ox went to scoring in the last minute - another hlaf a metre he would have been in the corner.  46 to 0 I woudl have liked to see that.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178766.msg200779#msg200779 date=1223508493]

What did he do? say "great kick Matt", or "gee I like what you've done with your hair Ox"

[/quote]

You must have a fine eye to split such small hairs

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178766.msg200779#msg200779 date=1223508493]

[/quote]

http://www.hobbies.net/

Ive watched it 3 times

This Sunday is Grand Final day again
chilling the beers and got the BBQ ready and gonna watch the High Def version at 3pm LOL

Glenn Stewart and Glenn Hall were also sensational and Watmough buried his demons as well, I hope Ricky gives him a go in the Aussie team cause I reckon he will kill it

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Watmough buried his demons as well, I hope Ricky gives him a go in the Aussie team cause I reckon he will kill it

Only if Ricky loses the chip on his shoulder

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4