AFL v NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
It amazes me the free pass the afl get

Imagine if even any of this happened in the NRL? What a horrific story

It amazes me the free pass the afl get

Imagine if even any of this happened in the NRL? What a horrific story
To be fair since this was announced it’s been a pile on today ( terrible during GF week for the AFL).

I wonder if Hawthorn were in the GF, would this be pushed back until the boys got back from Bali?

Funny how all of this has come to light on the eve of there semi finals, wonder how long they had this hidden for.
Not long,the report from the independent investigation was only returned to Hawthorn last week.Hawthorn were in the process of going through it but obviously had to wait til Brisbane Lions were knocked out of the comp.The media got a hold of it and did their thing.At this stage it seems a bit unfair on Clarkson and Fagan given they are only allegations at this stage

Last edited:
Not long,the report by from the independent investigation was only returned to Hawthorn last week.Hawthorn were in the process of going through it but obviously had to wait til Brisbane Lions were knocked out of the comp.The media got a hold of it and did their thing.At this stage it seems a bit unfair on Clarkson and Fagan given they are only allegations at this stage
The AFL will need to be very careful, their CEO was all over taking care of the “ victims “ and wrapping our collective arms around them ( his words ), but not a mention of “ these are allegations only and both coaches haven’t yet had the chance to respond “.

If true both will lose their jobs , but it also could be a disgruntled player ( or players ) making **** up in a revenge act for not being chosen.

So they need to be very careful about what they say.

My comment about what it could be isn’t an opinion , just simply stating that there’s often two sides to every story.

The AFL will need to be very careful, their CEO was all over taking care of the “ victims “ and wrapping our collective arms around them ( his words ), but not a mention of “ these are allegations only and both coaches haven’t yet had the chance to respond “.

If true both will lose their jobs , but it also could be a disgruntled player ( or players ) making **** up in a revenge act for not being chosen.

So they need to be very careful about what they say.

My comment about what it could be isn’t an opinion , just simply stating that there’s often two sides to every story.
At the risk of being piled on,are these incidents in the AFL racist or workplace “bullying”?

He's on live TV now and refers to 'those making the allegations' and 'those subject of the allegations'.

Only watch one game of AFL a year
The GF
But I reckon I see a game ever time I'm at the beach with some chips.
Bloody seagulls.

Is there a team named the Seagulls in AFL ? They would win the comp easily.
Get on it Penn

Interesting, if true do you think they would have coerced a non aboriginal player to leave his partner/abortion etc?
I’m not sure,but as far as Fagan is concerned,from the outside,he seems to have a close relationship with the indigenous players in his Lions squad

I'd like to wait until the full enquiry is heard, I just find it incredible, especially in this day and age that someone would try to coerce an indiginous player to leave his partner and or encourage a player's partner to have an abortion for the betterment of his career and not expect to have this request exposed , incredible, if true.
Sometimes not everything is as it seems. This coercion allegation can have a number of paths and without the full picture its impossible to judge.
I'm sure we have all know someone either male or female that was in a destructive relationship that was inheritantly bad for them which they just couldn't see. And I'm just as certain some of youbwill have tried to intervene to try and save them.
Now I'm not supporting whats gone on but as a young sportsman there are often outside factors that influence the direction of that persons career and often its their partner. The said partner could have been a very destructive influence?

We don't know the details so its impossible to judge on this one.

If it turns out to be systemic over a long period of time then yes these coaches will have to answer for their crime.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4