• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They are great for our brand “ the family club “ etc so there’s more to it than money BUT ultimately we aren’t the Roosters so have to largely work with the cap and a small TPA for DCE and if we believe a TPA for Foran provided by the estate of Brenda Duchen.

Otherwise all our players are in the cap ( don’t know if that’s 100% right but would be close ).

It’s just frustrating when the Roosters sign which ever player they want and you know it’s on possibly half cap half TPA.

Not sure in a crowded Sydney market you can do much better though.
Well you can start by actually investigating the links between the tpa issuers and the dodgy arse benefactor who runs the place. Of course the old mates billionaires club rules do apply in this case.

Our recruitment of depth players has been very poor. So much so that the difference between NRL standard and our depth players is vast.

exactly... speed....

as good as AFB is speed is one thing the guy doesn't have. it could of just been him having a sook this year but the time it took him to actually get up and play teh ball was shocking.

No disrespect mate, but surely you're not bagging AFB's on field performances (play the ball speed)? He was our best forward, BY some. In 2020 for us, he averaged 167 metres per game, and 26 tackles.

In perspective this season:

Marty Taupau: 115 metres (average), 29 tackles (4 games)
Sean Keppie: 90 metres (average), 17 tackles (3 games)
Taniela Paseka: 86 metres (average), 24 tackles (4 games)
Tof Sipley: (66 metres), 7 tackles (1 game)
Morgan Boyle: 48 metres (average), 21 tackles (2 games)

No disrespect mate, but surely you're not bagging AFB's on field performances (play the ball speed)? He was our best forward, BY some. In 2020 for us, he averaged 167 metres per game, and 26 tackles.

In perspective this season:

Marty Taupau: 115 metres (average), 29 tackles (4 games)
Sean Keppie: 90 metres (average), 17 tackles (3 games)
Taniela Paseka: 86 metres (average), 24 tackles (4 games)
Tof Sipley: (66 metres), 7 tackles (1 game)
Morgan Boyle: 48 metres (average), 21 tackles (2 games)
Mate. 30th Sept 2020 was a long time ago. I stand by my view at that point.

You may say he was our best forward and yes i agree on one condition. When he wanted to be.....

He was on a go slow from about round 4 last year with a shocking attitude towards the end of the year. He was like an oil tanker turning around and was taking an age to get up and play the ball.

I do wonder if the guy will suffer prolific knee injuries in his career. Hes such a big unit all that weight in a faster game now may really cause issues.

Still think we were right to let him go.
Yeah, as much as it pained me to lose him, there's not much point in trying to hold onto players who want to move on. And if there was one knock on him during his time with us it's that he spent more time on the sidelines than I would have liked due to injuries and suspensions. Still a MONSTER of a player though. I'd hoped he'd be the cornerstone of our pack for years.

AFB was......
Our most destructive , Our most intimidating , Our most dynamic. Our enforcer
AFB was our best forward by a country mile

The best prop in the game

AFB did not enjoy himself during the last year with us and dragged others into discontent

He needed to move on not because of ability but the right fit In the team

It is possibly that Marty might feel the same

Enter walkz and a similar environment for the past few years

I think Fainu is also confused in his beliefs

we recruited on individual talent rather than what the players and person contributed

we have a short window to correct and ensure we win another couple in this decade

I will be surprised if we have not two or three again before 2030

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4