• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good player but never really liked the bloke. He seems like a thug who put himself first. Building a winning culture is about more than talent.
100% I feel AFB would have guys walking on egg shells around him. He is an alpha male and full on personality and his energy would rub off on the guys around him. If his attitude is not right then we are better off without him especially at 850k. I fully expect guys like Paseka and Keppie to really step up without him

Looks like Des has the opportunity to start assembling the roster he wants. I have been frustrated by some of his team selections this year. But I appreciate we can't see what is happening at training and behind the scenes. AFB's departure creates an opportunity to start rebuilding and it appears that the purge has commenced. They need to get this right. There is good young talent in our squad and they need to be believed in and encouraged. Getting splinters in your arse sitting on the bench all season does nothing for your game. I understand covid killed off reserve grade games. Really it was a crippling injury toll that gave the young ones an opportunity and in my opinion they have done well. Schuster looks very very talented. I am very impressed with Funa and Harper, but I am concerned by young Hoppas jumper grabbing defence. I have enjoyed watching the younger players which has made getting through the pain of this season almost bearable. By getting it right I don't mean a quick fix either. One big money signing is not the answer. Fingers crossed and hoping we get it right.

So what part of Manly's statement was bull****? A lot of people jumping to conclusions around here, lol.
Also should add I’m not at all suggesting Manly’s statement was bull**** , I’m sure it’s exactly what they’ve been told BUT as to the accuracy from the player well that’s quite another thing.

Interesting that his wife came out on InstaTwitFace and said it was news to her as well.

If you don’t smell a rat in all that then I’d be checking in with your GP to make sure your nose is working.

Looks like Des has the opportunity to start assembling the roster he wants. I have been frustrated by some of his team selections this year. But I appreciate we can't see what is happening at training and behind the scenes. AFB's departure creates an opportunity to start rebuilding and it appears that the purge has commenced. They need to get this right. There is good young talent in our squad and they need to be believed in and encouraged. Getting splinters in your arse sitting on the bench all season does nothing for your game. I understand covid killed off reserve grade games. Really it was a crippling injury toll that gave the young ones an opportunity and in my opinion they have done well. Schuster looks very very talented. I am very impressed with Funa and Harper, but I am concerned by young Hoppas jumper grabbing defence. I have enjoyed watching the younger players which has made getting through the pain of this season almost bearable. By getting it right I don't mean a quick fix either. One big money signing is not the answer. Fingers crossed and hoping we get it right.
I suspect hoppa’s jumper grabbing amounts to a lack of fitness.

100% I feel AFB would have guys walking on egg shells around him. He is an alpha male and full on personality and his energy would rub off on the guys around him. If his attitude is not right then we are better off without him especially at 850k. I fully expect guys like Paseka and Keppie to really step up without him

I have high hopes for Keppie. I have a feeling he could be our next King. Underrated, big body middle with a great attitude.

With my wife now a Diabetic our diet ( I needed to lose at least 20kg) changed overnight back in March , shes lost 15kg, me 13kg ( 10 to go) and the two big things to be cut out of our diet is

Bread ( we still have low carb wraps )

Booze ( that one hurts but I still have two beers a week).

We used to LOVE our sourdough and Turkish bread , until we found out how many carbs are in there !!!
We had the same thing with my wife - changed the whole way we lived (for the better)

We had the same thing with my wife - changed the whole way we lived (for the better)
My wife’s gone from size 16 to size 12, haven’t seen her look like that for 30 years.

I was 108.5, now 95.3, my lady Dr has given me a challenge to get to 85.

It’s going to be slow and steady now but maybe in 6 months I’ll be there.

We walk between 10,000-13,000 steps a day now and that helps.

My wife’s gone from size 16 to size 12, haven’t seen her look like that for 30 years.

I was 108.5, now 95.3, my lady Dr has given me a challenge to get to 85.

It’s going to be slow and steady now but maybe in 6 months I’ll be there.

We walk between 10,000-13,000 steps a day now and that helps.
Has things hotter up on the workbench as well?

Guess that i am seeing it through the prism of how things seemed leading into this season and with the personal available including Fainu [ before his drama ] and even your well founded suggestion at the time that you could sniff a serious premiership tilt . Was not to be of course but then on to 2021 with no Fainu for most of the season and now no A F B . Also not really sure how there can be an upgrade in the wing department with Garrick , Funa still under contract , maybe young Hoppa still on the scene, speedy , but is not the robust type winger Jorge under a long term injury cloud . . Even if Sabb is recruited , can"t see much difference there either . Sure that if Jake goes to prop , may lose a bit in the go forward compared with A F B but would provide a higher work rate . Then maybe having schuster as the 13 who would have the creativity factor but maybe less work rate then Jake there . Sure that Manly have been looking at contingencies in the likely departure of A F B and can only hope for the best outcome from a supporter "s perspective . Fairly hopeful that Haumole can go to another level think also that Sipley can offer something worthwhile if given the opportunity and fit , unfortunately do not have the junior depth of a Penrith . Panthers may be providing the blueprint this season how to be successful with the way the game is played now but gee , they have also had a very fortunate run on the injury front as well , take out some of their good players for a good bulk of the season and i am sure they would have their challenges as well .
Just keep thinking about the Panthers. They offloaded RCG and Maloney and went from easy beats to minor premiers. Personnel is not always a measuring stick for success. With Carty gone, we could have a new assistant with some fresh ideas around attack and all the young stars are a preseason older and wiser and who knows.

I have a feeling Foran will be here next year and he will give us some much needed direction (of he can string some games together). Hoppa is playing at 50% capacity. Two serious knee injuries and no football prior to his debut. He is a gun. So too Schuster. Saab runs a 100 in under 11secs and will bring some speed and height. Garrick will be at St George.
We'll be fine!

Just keep thinking about the Panthers. They offloaded RCG and Maloney and went from easy beats to minor premiers. Personnel is not always a measuring stick for success. With Carty gone, we could have a new assistant with some fresh ideas around attack and all the young stars are a preseason older and wiser and who knows.

I have a feeling Foran will be here next year and he will give us some much needed direction (of he can string some games together). Hoppa is playing at 50% capacity. Two serious knee injuries and no football prior to his debut. He is a gun. So too Schuster. Saab runs a 100 in under 11secs and will bring some speed and height. Garrick will be at St George.
We'll be fine!
So you reckon the Saab Garrick swap is still on? I've been wanting Saab all year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4