• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It also means the club gets rid of one of their players that is suspended at some stage every season and given there’s players that are regularly injured,that’s a plus

Glad you were not around when Matai was playing. You would have got rid of him as well ;)

We tend to have short memories

Makes me wonder at times if the players have the clubs interest at times. We need to clean out the players only looking for the money which is not in the clubs interest. The culture that was here under Stewart's, lyon etc is long gone and thats what Des needs to do when building this team again moving forward.

Last edited:
I loved Tooves response to which Club would really benefit from have AFB. This is after Ikin explained he wanted out of Sydney for family reasons. Tooves said Bulldogs and Tigers ..haha. Then explained they were both in Sydney. He had this wonderful stupid grin on his face .. that said ok not Bulldogs or Tigers then.

Listening to NRL 360 apparently some of his past has caught up with him and thinks it's best to leave Sydney and move closer to family. Manly agonised on decision but thought it would be best for both parties, also gives Manly some cap relief. Cannot be money driven, a potential club can not offer anymore than what he would of earnt at Manly.

Siro was surprised, he said it was great having him at training, AFB always made the players laugh and enjoy coming to work. A big loss, won't enjoy tackling him but have players to step up.

Definitely could see some off field distractions affecting his game this year, a move to another country is pretty big.

We needed some cap relief, hopefully can strengthen the side in other weaker positions.
Good move going to New Zealand to get away from bad influences

No gangs in south auckland

Listening to NRL 360 apparently some of his past has caught up with him and thinks it's best to leave Sydney and move closer to family. Manly agonised on decision but thought it would be best for both parties, also gives Manly some cap relief. Cannot be money driven, a potential club can not offer anymore than what he would of earnt at Manly.

Siro was surprised, he said it was great having him at training, AFB always made the players laugh and enjoy coming to work. A big loss, won't enjoy tackling him but have players to step up.

Definitely could see some off field distractions affecting his game this year, a move to another country is pretty big.

We needed some cap relief, hopefully can strengthen the side in other weaker positions.
If this is really the reason then going to NZ won't change anything. Nz have more gangs per head than any other country in the world. From patched members all the way down to bloods and crips. Smaller population obviously and maybe some not as heavy but still remains apparent that he is more than likely to find himself around that lifestyle if he cant prevent himself from being around it in sydney.

If AFB is fair dinkum about wanting a quite, settled place to raise his family then he should return to his homeland, Tonga.

Makes me wonder at times if the players have the clubs interest at times. We need to clean out the players only looking for the money which is not in the clubs interest. The culture that was once here under Stewart's, lyon etc is long gone and thats what Des needs to do when building this team moving forward.
And if all clubs did that, how many players do you think would be left?
Haven't you heard... "it's a business & I'm doing it for my family".

I'm filthy that another club can offer him a ****load and pick him up when he's still under contract to us for another two years. But if he doesn't want to stay, there's no point trying to make him. All we can do is try to get something positive out of it.

That's the way things seem to work these days.

A club wants/needs a player like AFB even though he's contracted so they try it on - offer him way more than he's on, why not?
All of a sudden he has a reason to ask for a release.

Do we really think that on hearing AFB wants out of "Sydney" that the Warriors can throw together a 3 year deal in the space of a few days?
What would his reason have been if the Panthers or Chooks tried this on?

Problem is if we play hardball and say no then we may potentially have another Blake Green scenario so it's a lose/lose situation.

You know SER8 that conspiracy theories ,jumping to conclusions ,drawing long bows ,adding 2 and 2 and getting 7 ,not letting the truth get in the way of fiction, is the red meat of discussion here on ST's.Come on man,,,, you know this to be true !

I mean in every story , we are looking to open that Pandora's box ,and kick over that can of worms hopefully opening the floodgates of fiction,fallacy and fantasy and to let the concoctions of our mind run free to maybe a 100 pager of fabulous forum fabrication !!

Let the games begin.
There is nothing better than starting on page 1 of a breaking Manly story as it quickly runs up to 12 or 13 pages ,absolute gold .!!
I am sorry to see AFB go but it maybe for the better in the long run
floodgates.jpg

Pre match log on to Silvertails!

Because leaving Sydney will make it hard for him to be found. Especially when his work calendar is public and can be found any given Sunday. This has to be bs.

That's the way things seem to work these days.

A club wants/needs a player like AFB even though he's contracted so they try it on - offer him way more than he's on, why not?
All of a sudden he has a reason to ask for a release.

Do we really think that on hearing AFB wants out of "Sydney" that the Warriors can throw together a 3 year deal in the space of a few days?
What would his reason have been if the Panthers or Chooks tried this on?

Problem is if we play hardball and say no then we may potentially have another Blake Green scenario so it's a lose/lose situation.

I thought via NRL360 they said he would be on 850k 2021 and 2022 at Manly and Warriors have matched that for the following 3 yrs so it wouldn't be a money issue like Blake Green where Warriors offered him double what he was earning here. So points more to relocation reasons?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4