• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL
Conditions of Addin Fonua-Blake’s Manly release revealed
Manly Sea Eagles have turned their attention to player market following Addin Fonua-Blake’s release request - and a familiar face is among several potential targets.
Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
September 16, 2020 5:13pm

FOXSPORTS0:49
Turbo Tom set for return
NRL: Turbo Tom Trbojevic is set for his return to the Manly Sea Eagles this weekend.

The Sea Eagles will turn their attention to the player market with the likes of Kieran Foran and Luke Garner among potential targets as the club deals with the shock release request of Addin Fonua-Blake.
Sea Eagles officials were completely blindsided when an emotional Fonua-Blake spoke to the club on Monday and told them he wanted out of the final two years of his deal.
Fonua-Blake told the club he and his young family had a desire to quit Sydney and move closer to family.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Addin Fonua-Blake (second from left) wants out of the Sea Eagles. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
Addin Fonua-Blake (second from left) wants out of the Sea Eagles. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
The Sea Eagles responded by allowing the 24-year-old to discuss his playing future at only four clubs – the three Queensland-based teams and the Warriors given he or his wife have family in those areas.
New Zealand are the early favourites to sign the Tongan international and are already in the midst of finalising a three-year $2.5 million offer.
They are on the lookout for a marquee forward having missed out on Jack de Belin after offering the St George Illawarra player more than $700,000-a-season.
The Cowboys are another club interested but would have to shed players to accommodate Fonua-Blake which rumblings in recent days suggestion Josh McGuire could be making an exit from the club.
MORE NRL NEWS

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

Fearlessly holding political leaders to account. Watch Sharri Sundays 6pm AEST, on Sky News. For more.
Five NRL clubs impacted by anti-vaxxer bans
Final verdict on Fonua-Blake’s punishment revealed
COVID to deny English star shot with Raiders as big gun re-signs
Interim Warriors coach Todd Payten, who joins the Cowboys next year, praised Fonua-Blake but stopped-short of declaring North Queensland a contender for his services.
“He would be good on anyone’s team,” Payten said. “He is in the top echelon of front-rowers. He is a smart, aggressive player and would add to any team that could get their hands on him.
“We don’t have any money and we don’t have any spots.”
While the Sea Eagles are prepared to let Fonua-Blake, who is part of their leadership group, go they have made it abruptly clear they won’t be paying any more of his $800,000-a-year contract for him to play elsewhere.
Sea Eagles great Kieran Foran is on the market.
Sea Eagles great Kieran Foran is on the market.
The club will also seek compensation from whatever club Fonua-Blake joins – in the form of a financial agreement or player swap.
What Fonua-Blake’s decision does do is that it allows the Sea Eagles to add some much needed depth to their roster and eases some of the club’s salary cap pressures.
Manly have been on the lookout for an edge back-rower to replace St Helens bound Joel Thompson with Tigers’ Garner mentioned as a potential target despite having two years left on his deal.
Garner played in the Sea Eagles 2015 under-20s grand final loss to Penrith alongside Tom Trbojevic. Foran is also expected to again be placed on the Sea Eagles’ radar.
Luke Garner (C) has a strong connection with Manly. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty
Luke Garner (C) has a strong connection with Manly. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty
Discussion between the Sea Eagles and Jason Saab are well advanced and is expected to include a player swap with St George Illawarra for Reuben Garrick.
The Sea Eagles have also not progressed in discussions with Albert Hopoate who has also been linked to the Warriors.
The Bulldogs officially announced on Wednesday that back-rower Corey Waddell will join the club on a three year deal from Manly
The AFB matter has been handled in a very professional manner by our club and we will come out in front. Well done to the Magnificent Manly Sea eagles club !!!

Don't we already have those? We don't have to go and and sign anyone just because we have some extra salary cap space. We need to sign rep players. AFB on his day is just devastating, owns the football field and can change a game. No players like that atm are available. We have players like Crocker, Jorge etc also coming off contract so we could build some decent funds to have a go at a serious player next year, not just a couple of avg players. An origin player. A good example was Tyson Fritzell wanted out but we had no money and went to Newcastle for 700k, he would be a type of player we could of had a chance to sign if we had the money we do now. Have to be smart with who we go after. Parra were also lucky Matterson who wanted out and ended up signing him on a good deal. Might have to be next year until we get a real good decent player if they come available?

I agree but with what we have in our forwards stock without afb is not great. We need another experienced head up front that does his job like Joe Galuvao did.

Not surprised one bit, there are still a few more surprises to come yet what with the crap that's been going on with our players for the last 2 years, at least.If he wants out then let him go,its no use keeping him there if he's not happy. This guy plays well, but he is obviously not Manly at heart. I said this before, it makes me wonder if half of our players even like each other.Cherry evans came out and said it in an interview that the players have attitude problems.
Maybe he should look into a mirror to see why the players have attitude problems. I know I would if I busted a gut for 5 tackles to watch it fritered away on the last by continual poor options from the leader.

Let's not also forget, how many former Manly players have left the club and continued to excel at their new club? Good luck AFB.

AFB would be a perfect fit for the Cowboys - a lot of grunt with him & Taumalolo in the same side.

AFB --> Warriors
Tevaga --> Sea Eagles
Seems like Des may be reading these forums... took the Saab suggestions from us all pretty well. Make it happen Des, get more than just the salary cap space, get a solution to our hooker problems and a gun player all in one.

AFB --> Warriors
Tevaga --> Sea Eagles
Seems like Des may be reading these forums... took the Saab suggestions from us all pretty well. Make it happen Des, get more than just the salary cap space, get a solution to our hooker problems and a gun player all in one.
Hahaha sidenote... i just realised you didn't spell forever right.. cant believe I haven't picked up on it earlier.

I suppose one upside to all this is the timing. This year has gone. The game has changed and our squad needed to evolve in order to keep up with the changes, this would have been hard without one of the better paid players moving on. We just have to hope that the right player(s) are being targeted that will fit in with what we already have and with the way the game is now played.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4