AE's First Birthday - A present from Haig

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

I agree with Daniels half empty logic, I say that myself

Onto the article,just 1 point of not for me

Monaghan has "set up more tries than anyone else in the team" or a quote similar to that.

Um,isn't that the halfbacks job anyway

I agree with Daniels half empty logic, I say that myself

Onto the article,just 1 point of not for me

Monaghan has \"set up more tries than anyone else in the team\" or a quote similar to that.

Um,isn't that the halfbacks job anyway

I dont know. over the last few years I thought the half backs job was to **** up and kick the ball dead on the full when ever possible or in critical moments of the game

Kiwi i think youll find the 5/8 is suppost to be up there as well

I don't see the club resting on its laurels, Bell has been signed and they have a red hot go at Orford. At worst we have at least equaled expectations for the year to date. The crowds at Brookie this year have been exceptional and I undertsand that the budgeted income from crowd revenue has already been achieved. You mentioned KPI's the other day, can you honestly say that when this season was planned 12 months ago that the club haven't reached those goals. Of course things can be improved, name a business that is not improving and it is certainly on the road to failure. From where I sit in seat 100 of the Jane Try Stand things are improving. It is just so easy to be critical of performances, both on & off the field rather than acknowledge the enormous improvement that has been achieved. It was only 24 months ago that were apparently 1 week away from bankrupcy, now we are spending to our salary cap and according to some disgruntled souths officials, over it.

All clubs this year have experienced form slumps (possible exception would the Bronco's) We are hopefully near the end of ours and we will finish in the 8. If we do that I challenge any person to say that we did not reach the goals that were set for the season.

How many members were the club expecting at the end of the year?

How many untimely interventions did Delmege make.

There's just two areas that aren't up to scratch and there are many more.

Yes, credit where it is due but you'd think by reading the article above that we were St George in 1966.

Kiwi i think youll find the 5/8 is suppost to be up there as well

Yeah Fluffy,that is true, but in 90% of NRL sides you would find that the chief playmaker is the halfback,maybe Lockyer would be 1 of the only ones where that is not the case,and maybe the Cowboys when Thurston is at 6

Not for one moment do I say that I think that we are perfect, of course things can be improved, the difference in opinions is that I have some confidence in the management to make those imnprovements and that Matebele has no or little confidence in improvements being made. As I said before it is just so easy to be critical when you are on the outside looking in.

The club has openly admitted that membership numbers are not what they expected. We are the very first club to head towards private ownership by football club members, there was no blueprint to follow. The people who run the football club are not fools (although reading some posts here you could be forgiven otherwise) and have proven business accumen. If you are of the opinion that they do not realise that it was not the success that they had planned for and will not make changes for the future and then maybe your opinion could be excused. But for the time being my team is in the 8 and that is something that exites me.

I have every confidence in SOME aspects of the management.

But there are some areas where it seems our management has their hands tied and they are unable to bring about the change that everyone can see is needed if we're to be a powerhouse again.

That really worries me.

If you are unable to provide your opinion on why SOME areas are below par your opinionated statements will remain just that, your opinion and no more than just that.

For all I know you may be right, but without providing evidence you lose much credibility, put up or shut up.

That last statement by the way was not said with malice, I just don't know what emoticon I would use so I wrote it instead.

Good argument Pete and Mata - coherent and fair, taking on board what the other has said. Good for you to meet at a game and chat about this!!!

Keep up the debate!

I could put up - but I'd be shut up, if that makes sense.

Corso, do you genuinely believe that every person in Admin is there on merit?

I see the piece is getting spruiked as post of the year on MSE.

And Britney Spears or some other lightweight is at the head of the pop charts.

Populism means very little.

I am not privliged enough to have met all our management, if you have then you are are in far better position to make judgements than I. Of those that I have met or had dealings with I have nothing but praise, but I am just a mere Loss Adjustor, so what would I know about about running a football club.

I thought the whole Monagahan contract saga was a debacle and could have been managed infintley better. There was fault on both side of the coin there though. We are a privatley owned club, Delemege whilst he is the majority shareholder will have an overbearing influence on whatever Manly do, that's just a fact of life of private ownership. If you don't like that you may wish to support a club that does not have a private owner. Kerry Packer has tremendous influence as the majority owner of the Nine Network, jsut ask Shane Warne who got sacked by KP this week. Look at the NFL and see what influence owners have in the hiring & firing of players and coaches.

You are critical of the website and its content, if Manly were able to get just one extra spectator through the gate as a result of a website I would be surprised. Do you really believe that we can get extra supporters or retain existing supporters because of a website.? People support Manly for a variety of reasons, but I doubt there would be any because they trawled through every clubs website and decided on Manly (or any other club for that matter) . For me the website is just a way of keeping in contact with my team, whose playing, whose injured and opinions on various players form or lack of it.

I am not interested in what management say about our form, because they will always put a positive spin on it (as is their job) I am more interested in the "real news" and more often than not you do get it through the forums. You just need to troll through a heap of crap to find it though.

Pete, I will concede this. If the focus of the club has been on-field matters, as Dan says somewhere earlier in the thread, then they have done well.

There is room for on-field improvement but, as you point out, we have not rested with the current squad. We are active in the market and Crusher is doing a wonderful job with talent identification.

Off the field I do think there is significant scope for improvement. The web-site is symptomatic of the problem - not the problem itself.

However, I'd like to think that AE is more capable than just carping on about it. At the moment some of us are working on something that, if taken seriously, might be of great benefit to the club.

Whilst we're sometimes vicious in our attacks I think the site we've constructed and the support we tangibly give to the club when good things happen, shows that we are indeed Manly tragics - support is not about constant praise.

Support can also take the form of identifying weaknesses and putting forward constructive ways to help and improve. A high sounding ideal, but hopefully something we can do, in however small a way.

In that respect I actually disagree with the quotes Haig attributes to Paul Cummings. The fan base CAN be a very valuable resource to the clubif harnessed and managed well.

The club is a business and any business worth its salt puts an absolute premium upon the opinions of its customers. I'm pretty sure Cummings knows this and believes it too. Perhaps the quotes attributed to him are out of context? I certainly hope so.

A final question. Do you think the club could do more in the area of customer service and in being reponsive to customer feedback?

We have obviously improved on the field and signing BK has been a masterstroke - signing of the season and I wasn't all that convinced when it was first announced.

I'll credit you this Pete - you may not agree with everything here but you don't resort to gutter sniping and false statements on other web-sites.

Full credit to you for the constructive ways you debate the issues and take on board the opinions of others. :clap: :clap:

Haig, whom I have never met is only trying to show the club in a positive spin. I am sure you are well aware of the value of spin doctoring, all businesses do it , all political parties and my kids do it. The masses will believe the spin, thats why it is done, other yourself and the majority here look beyond the spin doctoring.

I am ashamed to admit that I thought the signing of BK1 was a mistake, thank god I am not in charge of player selection and retention. I will accept whatever players are signed and released by the club, simply because I trust the football accumen of the men entrusted with that job.

As a fan I am passionate and I get attached to certain players (not in the Byso way though) and I will defend them, urge their re-signing or whatever, thats because I tend to have tunnel vision when it comes to Manly, I will support whatever 17 players run out every weekend. Don't carer who they are but I will support them.

I am saddened by the treatment of Jason King on this site, call me foolish but I honestly believe that he gives his best when he is on the field, it takes guts and courage to play NRL, I know I would not have had the courage to be smashed the way any NRL player is. If you can say, with hand your hand on your heart that you have the courage to take a ball from a kickoff and charge at your highest paced run into a combined oncoming defensive line. with a combined weight exceeding 300-400 kgs with just one intention of hitting you as hard as they can then by all means critque King to your hearts content. If you know for a fact that he does not give his best each week critique him, but when you do ask yourself do you have that courage.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4