Addin Fonua Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's fine. And how long is this zero tolerance punishment to last? The rest of his life?

When each of us is perfect then we'll be in a good position to judge others.

The question is how to build a positive society. Blame and retribution might feel good, and it is unequivocally ineffective. There are questions of rehabilitation, protection, education, therapy, etc, etc. None of these questions are progressed by stopping people - even offenders - from earning a living.

When the government starts adequately funding domestic violence prevention, when the rhetoric shifts from imagined threats of possible occasion terrorism events here to actual domestic violence terrorism already happening in actual homes in huge volumes, then we will be in a position to start moving forward as a society.
So if a junior gives a ref a good beating he should play again or are women more morally acceptable to bash than refs?

With respect mate I'm surprised you would say that. I remember you talking about how disrespectful the cbomb is towards women.

What knight did was stupid and moronic and to a degree risk the lives of others.

Domestic violence terrorises and destroys the life's not only of the victims but also traumatizes any children the victim has who witness the abuse.

Just for the record gents in this country alone one woman a week is killed as result of domestic violence.

Sorry but it's zero tolerance from me for the any lowlife who abuses a woman no matter how talented they are playing footy.

Alcohol is a factor in 20% of all road fatalities and there have 1000+ deaths per annum on our roads all the way back to 1970. That translates to 4 or more per week. It also causes heartache to families and trauma to kids.

By your logic Liam Knight is 4x more culpable, statistically, than AFB.

Of course never mind that neither of them killed anyone. And lets not leave any room for forgiveness, or rehabilitation. Once a mongrel always a mongrel. Why stop at barring them from the NRL? Why not just take them out back and shoot them?

So if a junior gives a ref a good beating he should play again or are women more morally acceptable to bash than refs?
I understand in your world this is a question of morals. And I respect that. In my world this is a question of pragmatics. How to most practically achieve what we're trying to achieve.

If we allow refs to be attacked, there is no game, because we need refs to have a game at all. Everyone loses. There are huge societal benefits in encouraging sport. For me, it is not a question of punishment. It is a question of trust. Refs need to be able to trust they will be safe. And if a player has bashed a ref once, they are more likely to bash a ref again. So extra measures have to be taken to protect referees.

So you see this in terms of blame, punishment and morals. And I don't see it in that same way. Because I perceive that acting from a position of blame, punishment and morals just doesn't achieve what we're trying to achieve.

I hope this piece of crap never plays first grade for our club. The wife beating scum should rot behind bars. Every week when I see his name I will him to have a season ending injury.

There should be no place at manly for scum who abuse women.

Mate you are a muppet!
This whole thing got so out of hand.
Addin didn't actually beat her, and he was advised to plead guilty by the nrl to save his career. He had to play park footy for the year and have to complete courses. He is happily still with the same girl and they just had their 2nd child together.

Addin has made a big change in attitude and making good with his footy.

This "scum" will be making his debut end of April so "enjoy" watching His long career with manly

Mate you are a muppet!
Addin didn't actually beat her, and he was advised to plead guilty by the nrl to save his career. He had to play park footy for the year and have to complete courses. He is happily still with the same girl and they just had their 2nd child together.

This "scum" will be making his debut end of April so "enjoy" watching His long career with manly
Thanks Johnny for the update You obviously know the true story of what happened unlike the rest of the posters who have him hung out to dry yet don't now any of the facts

He is playing for Manly and if he lives up to his potential will be a prop for manly for the next 10 years

Mate you are a muppet!

Well well, looks like we have another player relative gracing these boards...

He had a great game on weekend - despite spending time in the bin for a dust up

I've posted up here before the season to give a update on his process.

Addin is my nephew, I don't care about what is said about his playing ability and what he does for the team because we are probably telling him the same things. That's all fair game. But getting personal and wishing a season ending injury is abit far.....

Anyways he has been given 2 dates for a debut. Not too sure which one it will be. It's either against eels or the knights in April.

Addin is my nephew, I don't care about what is said about his playing ability and what he does for the team because we are probably telling him the same things. That's all fair game. But getting personal and wishing a season ending injury is abit far.....

Anyways he has been given 2 dates for a debut. Not too sure which one it will be. It's either against eels or the knights in April.

Great to hear, I've heard so much about him but never seen the kid play so very much looking forward to seeing that happen.

Thanks for coming on with an update.

Eels please

Well some of the facts slowed the discussion down. We seem to rave on much better without the facts. I have been involved in a case where the guy pleaded guilty. If he had done what the woman had done he probably still would have pleaded guilty. It is not a level playing field (and in my opinion nor should it). Its just to judge a person or situation it helps to have the facts.
Alcohol involved, of course.
There are some awful cases out there and I think our society is finally doing something about it.

I've never thought about players being told when they'll make their debuts but I kinda like it. No "play well and I'll pick you one day", I guess it's kind of like "you keep kicking arse at training and in nsw cup and I'll give you a go in round 7".

I had a mate go through a difficult divorce and child custody battle.

The stuff she said in court was horrendous, only to say some years later that " it suited her needs" at the time.

Just about busted my mate, he was close to suicide but got past that ( just).

She poisoned her girls minds about their father and as a result he didn't get to see them for years.

She pissed off with another bloke, had more kids AND did the same thing again, only Karma bit her on the arse when her first kids started to see through her and testified against her.

I know heaps of women get a tough life , I have two daughters so don't think I'm anti female BUT I don't think at times it's a level playing field.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6