Accepting mediocrity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That is a player discusing his teams performance.

Very different to an article the comms kid is posting on the clubs website.

To your point though, yes the players and coaching staff shouldnt be accepting the current results

Not only accepting, but praising getting beaten on a wet, heavy track by 14 (and almost 30 points scored), where their halfback was knocked out of the game (as well as Jaxson Paulo).

In perspective, Liam Knight, Taane Milne, Braidon Burns were also missing from their team.

What, like this? Different expectations and cultures I guess.

“Rugby league has been pretty simple for over 108 years; you go out there and do your job and you find a way to do it.

“It’s about a desire and about a want and a selfless approach about not letting down your teammates.

“Because the way we have been performing, enough is enough.”
Well yes, I'd have different expectations too if our squad had what Storm had that year:
Thirteeen (13) Australian or NZ Test players (including several future Immortals)
Plus three (3) more SOO players.
Even their bit-part players were Blake Green and Marika Koroibete! They even had Nickoll-Klodstadt in theor squad and he couldn't even get a game.

Well yes, I'd have different expectations too if our squad had what Storm had that year:
Thirteeen (13) Australian or NZ Test players (including several future Immortals)
Plus three (3) more SOO players.
Even their bit-part players were Blake Green and Marika Koroibete! They even had Nickoll-Klodstadt in theor squad and he couldn't even get a game.

The haves

AND

The have nots

It’s the new world mate , Rugba Leeg circa 2021 where it’s ALL about TV ratings and the select few that rate.

We , and the others are simply “ cannon fodder “.

Not for a very, VERY long time
Come on, we'll get 'em before too long!
We lost last year but we beat them in 2019, and our team included celebrated plodders like Parker, Garrick, Taufua, Croker, Waddell, Boyle

By all means be negative if you must, its your right and this is the appropriate forum for it.

The players and Des must stay positive or else we have no hope of pulling out of our downward spiral. If Des dropped half the players that are "not 1st grade standard" we would be out of players in 2 weeks. If Des spoke about players in the manner they are spoken about on here most would be looking for the door.

Not saying things are all rainbows and lollipops but surely we can save some of the doom and gloom for when the season is actually in the toilet.

By all means be negative if you must, its your right and this is the appropriate forum for it.

The players and Des must stay positive or else we have no hope of pulling out of our downward spiral. If Des dropped half the players that are "not 1st grade standard" we would be out of players in 2 weeks. If Des spoke about players in the manner they are spoken about on here most would be looking for the door.

Not saying things are all rainbows and lollipops but surely we can save some of the doom and gloom for when the season is actually in the toilet.

Completely disagree. A reality check is required. Players need to get together and have a "players only" meeting, where they look each other in the eye, and say this isn't good enough, I'm letting you down, and also your future prospects.

Secondly, players ARE looking for the door (Addin Fonua-Blake, Joel Thompson, Brian Kelly, Blake Green as examples).

Save the doom and gloom for when the season is actually in the toilet? We are there champion. 12 losses from our last 13 games.

They can pat themselves on their backs as much as they like. They need a hard dose of Craig Bellamy, who would tear these loafers a new arsehole for their efforts, especially in defense.

What players really need is a 3 tiered payment system for their wages i.e. a large amount for a win, a smaller amount for a draw and bugger all for a loss. Maybe then they may have the incentive to play better and will be really pissed off if they lose as it will be hitting them in the back pocket.

What players really need is a 3 tiered payment system for their wages i.e. a large amount for a win, a smaller amount for a draw and bugger all for a loss. Maybe then they may have the incentive to play better and will be really pissed off if they lose as it will be hitting them in the back pocket.
Stop signing players to lifetime $1mill deals then you might get value for $$ instead of mediocrity.....or injury crocks.

Completely disagree. A reality check is required. Players need to get together and have a "players only" meeting, where they look each other in the eye, and say this isn't good enough, I'm letting you down, and also your future prospects.

Secondly, players ARE looking for the door (Addin Fonua-Blake, Joel Thompson, Brian Kelly, Blake Green as examples).

Save the doom and gloom for when the season is actually in the toilet? We are there champion. 12 losses from our last 13 games.

They can pat themselves on their backs as much as they like. They need a hard dose of Craig Bellamy, who would tear these loafers a new arsehole for their efforts, especially in defense.

Joel Thompson got a 2 year offer in the ESL & Manly were good enough to release him a year early to take up a better deal.

Brian Kelly wanted to move back closer to home on the north coast & again, Manly released him a year early to take up a 2 year deal at the Titans.

Blake Green got offered a 3 year deal by the Warriors while he still had a year to go on his contract & spat the dummy & agitated for a release so Manly let him go. By all accounts he stopped turning up at training.

The reasons behind AFB's departure are still murky.

What example is it you're naming these players for?

1 win behind 6th and 2 wins behind 1st, long way from brown town just yet.

In 2008 we were thrashed in a trial and lost our first 2 regular season matches.

Last edited:
Agree, I hated reading that (and player interviews). Im all for giving the side time to get better given the circumstances, but not for glossing over

Joel Thompson got a 2 year offer in the ESL & Manly were good enough to release him a year early to take up a better deal.

Brian Kelly wanted to move back closer to home on the north coast & again, Manly released him a year early to take up a 2 year deal at the Titans.

Blake Green got offered a 3 year deal by the Warriors while he still had a year to go on his contract & spat the dummy & agitated for a release so Manly let him go. By all accounts he stopped turning up at training.

100% agree with this! Ryan makes some really valid points, but saying that people like Thommo wanted to leave because they didn't want to be there isn't right.

Come on, we'll get 'em before too long!
We lost last year but we beat them in 2019, and our team included celebrated plodders like Parker, Garrick, Taufua, Croker, Waddell, Boyle
That win was at Brookvale, haven't won at The Gong for 18 years I think

The reason for AFB's departure is clear as glass, he was offered a $hitload more, and used a bull$hit excuse to want to leave

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8