Absolutely Pathetic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
No, i'm not referring to the game.
last week after 3 wins in a row & playing a team above us on the ladder there was between only 12,000 - 13,000 people on a sunny afternoon.
This week against the storm on a saturday arvo just over 11,500 turned up.
They will be talking about us in the same breath was roosters supporters soon!

I thought the crowd was announced as only about 10,100.

You're right though - beautiful sunny afternoon, a decent rivalry with the oppo, 3pm kickoff, thought there would have been more there.

I think the issue for a lot of supporters is confidence in a win. I know between 2007-2013 I had confidence we could be anyone anywhere not matter the circumstances. Now it's a toss of the coin. That plays a factor in crowd numbers.

Also, for this weekend a lot of people go away for Easter.

All I know is I'll be there in Canberra next Friday!

I think the issue for a lot of supporters is confidence in a win. I know between 2007-2013 I had confidence we could be anyone anywhere not matter the circumstances. Now it's a toss of the coin. That plays a factor in crowd numbers.

Also, for this weekend a lot of people go away for Easter.

All I know is I'll be there in Canberra next Friday!
It annoys me when supporters only support when we are going well. That being said, we have our accomodation booked and will be heading down to Canberra too!

As much as I love it brookie is a dump. I live interstate but I was there round 1, I couldn't hear the pa, the screen isn't big or even viewable from where I was sitting and the food was just ****. Even if parking was good, the ground needs to be upgraded to entice people back.
If we factor in people who hate the penns and Barrett, and the fact that we never win at home, I'm not surprised.

Yeah Easter may play a part in this, money has had to be spent elsewhere, still disappointing against the storm to have just over 10,000

4 wins, in our last 15 games at Brooky isn't that great. That, coupled with the economy, poor weather, poor oval condition, the emergence of Fox, a complete overhaul in the playing roster (club legends retiring)...it's quite pleasing to see it still is where it is.

4 wins, in our last 15 games at Brooky isn't that great. That, coupled with the economy, poor weather, poor oval condition, the emergence of Fox, a complete overhaul in the playing roster (club legends retiring)...it's quite pleasing to see it still is where it is.
Plus the cr..ap spacing in home games. Would much rather a home, away, home, away spacing. Instead we've had 5 home games in the 1st 7 rounds, that's nuts & only die hards will be able to show the kind of commitment to attending all games!

Affordability is the key for mine, 5 home games out of 7 played so far $30 odd dollars for a hill ticket, $15.50 for meal combo then beers. I spent $70 on my own, imagine if I took the family! I love my Eagles but the cost of going to a game at a pretty mediocre venue is killer, especially that many games in short succession. My NRL season pass on my phone costs slightly more than one day at the footy. At least my Blacktown team won.

Yep manly fans are soft Fairweather supporters these days.

Cant blame the facilities when there are lots of empty seats.

Remember shopping centres were open for the first time since Thursday.

Even back in the halcyon days of the mid to late 70s, an era when shops closed at 12pm on Saturdays, a 10+k crowd would have been considered reasonable. especially against the then equivalent of an 'out of town' team, i.e. Penrith.

So take the emotion out of it and consider the factors that contribute to crowd size.

I live in Brisbane so only make the Broncs and Titans games and watch all the games on fox. It's hard to get a true gauge on the crowd noise but there were times yesterday where I thought the support at the the ground sounded average. The numbers obviously impacted and I certainly don't want to offend anybody but that's how it came across on the telecast. Another thing that irritated the s*** out of me was all the music being played at stoppages and after try's being scored etc. especially after the away team scores.

I live in Brisbane so only make the Broncs and Titans games and watch all the games on fox. It's hard to get a true gauge on the crowd noise but there were times yesterday where I thought the support at the the ground sounded average. The numbers obviously impacted and I certainly don't want to offend anybody but that's how it came across on the telecast. Another thing that irritated the s*** out of me was all the music being played at stoppages and after try's being scored etc. especially after the away team scores.
They should have played circus music in the 1st half.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7