About as close to sorry as you can expect from Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Sorry Nicci, our coach is not bald. Balding? Ok, I'd accept that.

Also he is not little. He is pretty short, I'll grant you that, but he is not a little man in any sense, apart from that height aspect.

As for the social life, I'd ask you out next Friday but I'm babysitting.
I'm not knocking little bald men. My Dad is one of them. He's about as frail as a toothpick these days but don't mess with him. He'd take on someone the size of Kasiono if they tried to queue jump him at Woolies.
Both Tooves and my Dad are big where it counts in my books.

niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Sorry Nicci, our coach is not bald. Balding? Ok, I'd accept that.

Also he is not little. He is pretty short, I'll grant you that, but he is not a little man in any sense, apart from that height aspect.

As for the social life, I'd ask you out next Friday but I'm babysitting.
I'm not knocking little bald men. My Dad is one of them. He's about as frail as a toothpick these days but don't mess with him. He'd take on someone the size of Kasiono if they tried to queue jump him at Woolies.
Both Tooves and my Dad are big where it counts in my books.

*resists double entendre temptation outta respect*

Hasler: "We know we can become a much more competent football team than the one you saw last year."

It may be December but it is still 2012. I read/hear this often, what is the obsession with professional coaches/players referring to the 2012 season as last year...?

"Last season" = tick

Mals said:
Hasler: "We know we can become a much more competent football team than the one you saw last year."

It may be December but it is still 2012. I read/hear this often, what is the obsession with professional coaches/players referring to the 2012 season as last year...?

"Last season" = tick

Last financial year maybe :s

Business is business guys. Loyalty only applies when you're wanted by a club because of your ability and they are prepared to pay you enough so you can turn down other offers. Even Menzies considered leaving Manly at one stage for Parramatta, but Manly was offering enough to keep him. Of course most players prefer not to leave the club they have developed close bonds in, but for most footballers its inevitable.

Same applies to coaches. I seriously think Des would have preferred to stay. But Canterbury offered him a deal that he obviously felt he couldnt refuse. Besides it was always intended that Toovey would take over the coaching. It just happened two or three years early. Take a look around the League. Very few coaches survive at the one club more than 5-6 years. We should count ourselves lucky we had Des as long as we did and also lucky we had someone who seems equally talented to take over.

I say thanks Des for the memories and good luck at Canterbury. And thanks to Toovey for being there to take on the role at Manly so seamlessly. But in the end business is business and though league may be entertainment and tribal for fans, its business for the players and coaches.

Bearfax said:
Business is business guys. Loyalty only applies when you're wanted by a club because of your ability and they are prepared to pay you enough so you can turn down other offers. Even Menzies considered leaving Manly at one stage for Parramatta, but Manly was offering enough to keep him. Of course most players prefer not to leave the club they have developed close bonds in, but for most footballers its inevitable.

Same applies to coaches. I seriously think Des would have preferred to stay. But Canterbury offered him a deal that he obviously felt he couldnt refuse. Besides it was always intended that Toovey would take over the coaching. It just happened two or three years early. Take a look around the League. Very few coaches survive at the one club more than 5-6 years. We should count ourselves lucky we had Des as long as we did and also lucky we had someone who seems equally talented to take over.

I say thanks Des for the memories and good luck at Canterbury. And thanks to Toovey for being there to take on the role at Manly so seamlessly. But in the end business is business and though league may be entertainment and tribal for fans, its business for the players and coaches.

Those thoughts are probably right Bearfax BUT my thoughts are not anti Des in the fact he left...that was inevitable...it's the way he left.

Compare that to the dignity in the way that Bennett left the Bronco's, that mate is how it should have been done.

All about the money no doubt, but Bennett had class....Ha$ler has none!!

Absolutely right, Mark.
But this has been said in posts hundreds of time.
Even I am over it now.
Next subject, please.

Sorry..not sorry, who cares? YAWN. Can't wait to see some of the new guys that have come to the club get a run in the trials. The future looks good. :)

The Who said:
Absolutely right, Mark.
Even I am over it now.
Next subject, please.

Certainly.

How do you think Des will go at the dogs?

:cool::p

The Who said:
Absolutely right, Mark.
Even I am over it now.
Next subject, please.

I agree but didn't start the thread, next thread please

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7