About as close to sorry as you can expect from Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
SMH

Hasler article in which he says "I shouldn't have left there" referring to leaving Manly then goes on to avoid "mudslinging" and getting into all those politics

I think that's about as close to an apology he'll ever give

Was trying to link but on phone won't work

Mod can rename thread if they please

Hasler does not want to revisit the politics of his split with Manly. ''I should never have left there,'' he says of the circumstances that led to his defection. Otherwise, he sees no point in opening old wounds.

''It was difficult to leave, having spent 27 years there,'' Hasler says. ''You made a lot of friendships, you had a lot of success. It probably could have been handled better.''

So Hasler has maintained his silence and his dignity. ''Once you start getting into that mudslinging, it's no good. Past greats come out and accuse you of being a mercenary or being this or that, and it gets out of hand.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/canterbury-confessions-20121207-2b0yn.html

"Not that Hasler is blowing his own trumpet. This, after all, is the private man who once refused to confirm or deny it was his birthday."...seems more like paranoia than privacy. Keeping the birthday under the radar I suppose. lol.

Who cares!! He left after 27 great years!!! He's at the Dogs, we have another legend in Tooves, we made the semis and look strong again. Like a broken record. Let's not end up Fortress Sookvale as we are becoming known as!!! We are better than that!

I think its in everyones best interest to well and truly bury the des saga. Its been over a yr.

If people like des and 2V keep brushing it aside, eventually (we hope) the media will get bored of it and move on.

Im confident for 2013. Go Tooves and Manly.

I wished for either of two things to happen when he went to the dogs, the wooden spoon or losing a grand final. Both heartbreaking material, especially a grand final loss. I'm happy one of my wishes came true as I enjoyed every second of that grand final loss. :D

Due to having an absolutely riveting Friday night social life, last night I made a few long distance phone calls to friends, drank two beers and watched the 2011 gf.
For me, seeing Des celebrating with the team just before he was about to dump those boys, the club and fans, still leaves me with feelings of misunderstanding, hurt and betrayal. Perhaps this is my female emotions. I think I'll always feel this way about Des.
But leaving the Manly club is your loss Des.
Our next premiership win will perhaps be our greatest and I hope it's sooner than later and with that loyal little bald man as our coach.
Des who? GO MANLY!

I was his biggest critic at the time. I still hate him, however i am over it as i dont feel anything for the bloke now. I think nthe GF loss helped close the book.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Time to move on BUT to never forgive

I can forgive him, and I have already. I will never forget though. That's why I never want him to return as a coach. He can return to be inducted as a life member of the club, but that is it. As said before, we must move on as a club and I feel a good result under Tooves last year, as well as a massive recruitment drive for future stars, helped us down that path quite considerably.

Forward and onwards!!

The Eagle said:
SMH

Hasler article in which he says "I shouldn't have left there" referring to leaving Manly

Maybe the car drive and the tolls are eating away some of his $$$. He is scum.

There's no doubt the whole thing could have been handled better (his words)....I agree HE could have left with dignity .....as did Bennett from the Broncos after 20 years, the fact that HE chose to act like a wrecking ball on departure will forever leave a bitter taste in my mouth, I will NEVER forgive him

Look let's move on, toovs has makings of good coach. Desmond acted like a Pork chop on departure, basically trying to poach anybody in maroon and white. Simply put it tarnished the 2011 title, he has it all in front of him next season given everyone will be onto the 2nd man play that is illegal.
He will always be manly no doubt, but the current playing group would be a little pissed at the **** storm he caused, a very selfish man.

I wont forget nor forgive and I will never understand his tur reasoning for leaving.

To the most extent though I have moved on but it has taken me a good 12 months and as someone else mentioned him losing the Grand Final was bliss for me and really provided closure.

I still think Des regrets his decisions why would you want to leave Manly.:)

I'm over it. Des who ?

2013 will be a huge year for the club and our roster looks very strong.
Barring injuries and suspension, we'll give it one hell of a shake this year.

I know where my hard earned will be.

niccipops said:
Due to having an absolutely riveting Friday night social life, last night I made a few long distance phone calls to friends, drank two beers and watched the 2011 gf.

In a thread, potentially brim full of cumulonimbus, that most assuredly made me laugh :)

niccipops said:
For me, seeing Des celebrating with the team just before he was about to dump those boys, the club and fans, still leaves me with feelings of misunderstanding, hurt and betrayal. Perhaps this is my female emotions. I think I'll always feel this way about Des.
But leaving the Manly club is your loss Des.
Our next premiership win will perhaps be our greatest and I hope it's sooner than later and with that loyal little bald man as our coach.
Des who? GO MANLY!
Sorry Nicci, our coach is not bald. Balding? Ok, I'd accept that.

Also he is not little. He is pretty short, I'll grant you that, but he is not a little man in any sense, apart from that height aspect.

As for the social life, I'd ask you out next Friday but I'm babysitting.

Jono said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Time to move on BUT to never forgive

I can forgive him, and I have already. I will never forget though. That's why I never want him to return as a coach. He can return to be inducted as a life member of the club, but that is it. As said before, we must move on as a club and I feel a good result under Tooves last year, as well as a massive recruitment drive for future stars, helped us down that path quite considerably.

Forward and onwards!!

Toovey and Hasler were both inducted as life members in 2000. How can he be inducted twice?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4