Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the changes he was forced to make were only brought about because of injuries to the likes of Sirro and Jetski, it wasn't like he had an epiphany and created a miracle, those of us who questioned his constant selection of players who continually let the side down over a period of approximately four months of football are now being treated as fools, short memories among some of you people, as Manly supporters we have been for years fed a diet of success, how is it wrong to question the coach after the dismal run we experienced over 16 or 17 rounds of football, putting supporters on show because they dared to state the obvious is bloody ridiculous
The coach in question got us where we are today .
(Fans questioning can we even win GF ,and rightfully so)
Coaching isn't just game coaching ,its man management.
I for one second, dont believe Des saw Gojetski as a better player than Haumole or Schuster.
but there is a different way to manage teams especially with senior players and young blokes.
Last year we had a horrific run of injuries ,this year we dont .
I think its as simple as that.
Our coach got us where we are , Armchair critics didn't .
And I dont have a problem with being critical at all, We have the right to be..
But Des being lauded as not a good coach ,game has passed him and he should be sacked.
Was so far off , its not funny.

Last edited:
I for one second, dont believe Des saw Gojetski as a better player than Haumole or Schuster.
but there is a different way to manage teams especially with senior players and young blokes.
But Des being lauded as not a good coach ,game has passed him and he should be sacked.
Cleary went youth does that make him a bad coach?

Cleary went youth does that make him a bad coach?
In 2019 he didn't ,every year is different.
Des's 30 players this year have youth and I bet next year the squad avg age will be even younger.
New coaches come in and it takes a few years for that coach to get His actual team on the pitch.

That my friend is the beauty of this forum, we are all entitled to our own opinion, I respect your perspective as much as that of anyone else but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it

Stop sleeping moose...get outta bed yer lazy git.

358f3db265bc2cdddd3ed551836d8224.gif

(tis not a moose... I know, but this was cuter.)

I didn't think we should have signed Foz. And it turns out, I have no clue because he has been very good.

I don't think we should sign Woods either. But if Des thinks he can get something out of him and as long as he doesn't break the bank (I'm thinking 200K), I'll deal with it.

I don't think Marty should be let go though. He's a leader and brings as much off the field as on.

Last edited:
Marty has twice the impact that Woods will ever have. Woods is lazy. He is yesterday's player.
We should keep Marty. It sounds like he hasn't signed with anyone else even though Manly have given him the chance to negotiate with other clubs. He is signed for next year . We should keep him and give him a one year extension, at a reduced deal. He is our anchor forward. .

There is a certain player , initials AT, that is looking for a new club, and is a favourite of Des.
He's not flash, but has a very high work rate ,which every team needs , and at the right price could be an asset,.he does a lot of mopping up around the ruck.
It's all about getting value for your salary cap, you've succeeded if a 250-300K player plays like a 400K player
I had negative thoughts about Joe Gulavao when he came, but I was proved very wrong

There is a certain player , initials AT, that is looking for a new club, and is a favourite of Des.
He's not flash, but has a very high work rate ,which every team needs , and at the right price could be an asset,.he does a lot of mopping up around the ruck.
It's all about getting value for your salary cap, you've succeeded if a 250-300K player plays like a 400K player
I had negative thoughts about Joe Gulavao when he came, but I was proved very wrong
Alan Tongue

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6