A total failure!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Season 2018 has been by far the most painful to watch in my 44 years as a supporter.

As a fan, you accept that your team will have lean years and you always look forward to the next great team to emerge, in my time of supporting the team that has always made me feel safe knowing that. I see the nucleus of the next team in the Turbos and new kids like Fainu and despite all the bad stuff this year, these kids will get better and lead us into a new era.

My issue is how our club is run!

Only 10 years ago, I watched our club smash the Drizzle and claim our pride back after we were so close to losing everything just a few years earlier. There was so much hope as we entered that golden era, coached by a guy who had the clubs DNA in him and a willing group of young players who would have done anything for him.

The seeds of our current demise lay in those days after the 2011 grand final win when the dysfunction that has dogged our club created an environment where our coach wanted out and it upset the whole playing group, Good old Toovey kept things running well and we had further success but underneath there was this constant infighting and sniping which undermined all the good things happening.

I wrote a lot about the mismanagement of our club and the failure of leadership from our owners to our CEO, to our coach, to our captain and our playing group.

The total lack of leadership and clarity this week really sums up where we are. We have a CEO who has made two statements about the future of our coach without actually saying what the hell is going on?? We have a coach who clearly does not want to be at the club and tonight's surrender confirms that the playing group are not about to support him.

The club can't wait any longer, if the coach is gone, so be it!! Level with the fans and members and come up with a plan for the future of the team. If players leave as a result so be it!! We need people who are committed to our cause and get our culture.

What I saw tonight was a 25-minute effort and a total surrender. To allow an ordinary team like the Titans and no disrespect to them to destroy us in that way really is the low of low points in season 2018.

My concerns moving forward are that the owners are playing the long game here. I think the decision to leave Brookvale has already been made, come 2021 when the SFS is rebuilt we will be playing out of there I suspect and the Penns will be paid good money to do so. Their main obstacle right now is the Football club and the constitution of the Football club blocks their ambitions to make money by taking games away from Brooky.

The frustrating thing as a fan and a long-term member is the fate of our club is out of our hands if the Penns do not invest more we are done!! That is the reality, we are so behind our rivals in every aspect of running a football club. I have never seen such abominable crowds as I have seen this year, the fans have had enough!! Either the owners fix this dysfunction and become a professional entity or we will be vulnerable just like 2000 and decisions will be made by the NRL regardless of our situation.

We are in desperate times, we need leaders to help us emerge from this mess we are in.

The silence from the Penns is deafening of late and they wheel out Gorman who is just not cutting through with his communication.

We need better, we demand better and the question is can the Penns deliver what we deserve??? I think the upcoming membership drive for season 2019 will give them an indication of what the fans really think!!

One thing in my years of loving Manly is we don't accept failure!! and right now we resemble a club that is failing!!!

I just can't believe that 40 years ago as a 13 Year old I was so proud.
Now I just can't believe where we are at.
Or that the Trent happy clappers are still around.

We are Manly.
Believe it or not we will come out of this.
We will win.
Somehow we will.
It's who we are.

And where were that fat cats, upstairs on their @rses drinking. Imagine if Penn, The Phantom Gorman and Zorba gave enough of a f#ck about us to do a lap.. haha imagine !!!
They will not get another cent of my money for memebershio and merchandise whilst they own this club.

These Penrith and Titan teams that made these so called comebacks would have folded against previous Manly teams....this side has shown the opposition that if they lift the tempo and play tougher, Manly will roll over....its sickening really.
To see their coach spray at half time and know as a supporter your side will give up at the first moment of adversity, is pi** poor.
The Titan players were laughing in that second half after 5 minutes basically bagging the lack of backbone in our team.
Apart from 4-5 players these blokes don’t understand the pride of former Manly players and to be honest....

Good clubs learn from failure, they start listening to their fans and members and make the changes that are needed. The current owners have locked us out and the only way the fans can vote is with their feet. Today there is going to be a huge crowd at Rat park watching the local derby in the rugby and the crowd is likely to be double what we saw at Brookvale last night. If that is not evidenced enough of how on the nose the current club is to the people of the northern beaches then I do not know what is!!

The club has lost is mojo and its soul and only strong leadership will bring that back,

The fact is that our club is not working hard enough!! The owners only want to deal with aligned people and the division in the club is as bad as it has ever been.

The place lacks discipline!!

Season 2018 has been by far the most painful to watch in my 44 years as a supporter.

As a fan, you accept that your team will have lean years and you always look forward to the next great team to emerge, in my time of supporting the team that has always made me feel safe knowing that. I see the nucleus of the next team in the Turbos and new kids like Fainu and despite all the bad stuff this year, these kids will get better and lead us into a new era.

Only 10 years ago, I watched our club smash the Drizzle and claim our pride back after we were so close to losing everything just a few years earlier. There was so much hope as we entered that golden era, coached by a guy who had the clubs DNA in him and a willing group of young players who would have done anything for him.

The seeds of our current demise lay in those days after the 2011 grand final win when the dysfunction that has dogged our club created an environment where our coach wanted out and it upset the whole playing group, Good old Toovey kept things running well and we had further success but underneath there was this constant infighting and sniping which undermined all the good things happening.

I wrote a lot about the mismanagement of our club and the failure of leadership from our owners to our CEO, to our coach, to our captain and our playing group.

The total lack of leadership and clarity this week really sums up where we are. We have a CEO who has made two statements about the future of our coach without actually saying what the hell is going on?? We have a coach who clearly does not want to be at the club and tonight's surrender confirms that the playing group are not about to support him.

The club can't wait any longer, if the coach is gone, so be it!! Level with the fans and members and come up with a plan for the future of the team. If players leave as a result so be it!! We need people who are committed to our cause and get our culture.

What I saw tonight was a 25-minute effort and a total surrender. To allow an ordinary team like the Titans and no disrespect to them to destroy us in that way really is the low of low points in season 2018.

My concerns moving forward are that the owners are playing the long game here. I think the decision to leave Brookvale has already been made, come 2021 when the SFS is rebuilt we will be playing out of there I suspect and the Penns will be paid good money to do so. Their main obstacle right now is the Football club and the constitution of the Football club blocks their ambitions to make money by taking games away from Brooky.

The frustrating thing as a fan and a long-term member is the fate of our club is out of our hands if the Penns do not invest more we are done!! That is the reality, we are so behind our rivals in every aspect of running a football club. I have never seen such abominable crowds as I have seen this year, the fans have had enough!! Either the owners fix this dysfunction and become a professional entity or we will be vulnerable just like 2000 and decisions will be made by the NRL regardless of our situation.

We are in desperate times, we need leaders to help us emerge from this mess we are in.

The silence from the Penns is deafening of late and they wheel out Gorman who is just not cutting through with his communication.

We need better, we demand better and the question is can the Penns deliver what we deserve??? I think the upcoming membership drive for season 2019 will give them an indication of what the fans really think!!

One thing in my years of loving Manly is we don't accept failure!! and right now we resemble a club that is failing!!!
Post of the year.
I’m sending this to Lyall through LinkedIn
NYEagle

Eloquent and spot on.

My views expressed on here regularly in recent times state that this isn’t only about the coach.

I’ve been saying for yonx that I’m no Trent “ happy clapper” , I was prepared to give him a go but agree that he’s had his time and we will go no where with him in charge.

Nevertheless that’s just part of the issues , this club is on its knees , ridiculed by everyone, hammered from pillar to post by the media ( and rightfully so), a “ basket case” has been bandied around all year, I’d suggest it’s worse.

To end up with a 4-8 win loss at home year is probably worse than Northern Eagles.

And to be facing an unlikely but possible wooden spoon just isn’t the club I’ve followed since I was 8 years old!

We have some good players and some very loyal ones ( god I hope they stay as they are going to be needed if we can ever recover) but we are stacked with so many very very average reserve graders and rookies and with the cap reduction changing that is almost impossible.

And so what I’m most upset about is I just can’t see any way through the mess we are in with the organisation as it exists, absolutely nothing will change in 2019.......nothing ( other than whomever they can con into being a coach, and yes it will be a con).

Replacing Barrett with Toovey for example won’t change a single thing , the “ we couldn’t give a ****” attitude at the top won’t change and whomever , yes even a favourite son if one is appointed would be white anted by the usual source at the first moment of disagreement with not towing the “ company line”.

I’d agree with you , there’s motives at work here and it will be either of.

1) waiting for a buyout spending at least as possible until that point, how that screams of being anything other than just plain dumb is beyond me.

2) a move to the SFS with guaranteed income each week regardless of crowds, and then the battle with the District Club to do that!

In conclusion I’m in fact wondering if that’s not the motive , sinking the club to its lowest ebb and in essence not giving the District Club any alternative other than to do what they want.

Depressing!!

I’ve avoided this place for a week as I’m dead set sick of petty arguments between fans, including some with me because I’ve got a different view to them!!

Anyway I guess that’s Silvertails circa 2018, but it’s very different from Silvertails circa 2008 when I first joined.

Love your comments mate , always thoughtful , respectful and spot on!!

This stuck with me from Robbo.

Get the defense to be habitual and the attack will come.

"Good defence," Robinson dead-panned when asked how to control the middle.

"It's not about one week. It's about habits we've formed habits over a long period of time based around those things. That's what you've got to rely on.

"You can't have one good week of video or a session and then say 'Okay we've got it'. You have to have been doing it for months and months and that's what we'll put into practice."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/09...as-armoury-to-contain-south-sydney-rabbitohs/

Season 2018 has been by far the most painful to watch in my 44 years as a supporte
Personally the years I have found hardest to take are those when we are about to claim the big prize but stumble at the final hurdle. 1997 comes to mind, and one of those years the Eels got us. Even leading the 2013 GF was worse.
At least this year we've never had our hopes up. And if you have no hopes, they can't be dashed!

Personally the years I have found hardest to take are those when we are about to claim the big prize but stumble at the final hurdle. 1997 comes to mind, and one of those years the Eels got us. Even leading the 2013 GF was worse.
At least this year we've never had our hopes up. And if you have no hopes, they can't be dashed!
It is always tough to take when we lose a grand final and those defeats are permanently painful! I think the big thing in what you say is that we are reduced to having no expectations about making the finals or achieving anything and this season avoiding the spoon is our goal, that it should come to this? That is where I am concerned that we are in this pickle due to lack of ambition and investment from those who own us!

1982-3 springs to mind , and who could forget that magical 1995-1997 run, 3 GF’s for 1 victory.

Robbed by a 7 tackle try in 95, and by a single moment of brilliance in 97 ( not robbed in that particular case but still hard to take).

Sadly I think I’ve been to more GF’s we’ve lost than ones we’ve won.

Least losing a GF you can be proud of the teams performances. The loss last night was worse than walking out of the stadium post 2007/2013 grand finals. The defensive positioning and all round defensive effort was disgusting. Hopefully Barrett takes his useless mates with him and f's right off.

Eloquent and spot on.

My views expressed on here regularly in recent times state that this isn’t only about the coach.

I’ve been saying for yonx that I’m no Trent “ happy clapper” , I was prepared to give him a go but agree that he’s had his time and we will go no where with him in charge.

Nevertheless that’s just part of the issues , this club is on its knees , ridiculed by everyone, hammered from pillar to post by the media ( and rightfully so), a “ basket case” has been bandied around all year, I’d suggest it’s worse.

To end up with a 4-8 win loss at home year is probably worse than Northern Eagles.

And to be facing an unlikely but possible wooden spoon just isn’t the club I’ve followed since I was 8 years old!

We have some good players and some very loyal ones ( god I hope they stay as they are going to be needed if we can ever recover) but we are stacked with so many very very average reserve graders and rookies and with the cap reduction changing that is almost impossible.

And so what I’m most upset about is I just can’t see any way through the mess we are in with the organisation as it exists, absolutely nothing will change in 2019.......nothing ( other than whomever they can con into being a coach, and yes it will be a con).

Replacing Barrett with Toovey for example won’t change a single thing , the “ we couldn’t give a ****” attitude at the top won’t change and whomever , yes even a favourite son if one is appointed would be white anted by the usual source at the first moment of disagreement with not towing the “ company line”.

I’d agree with you , there’s motives at work here and it will be either of.

1) waiting for a buyout spending at least as possible until that point, how that screams of being anything other than just plain dumb is beyond me.

2) a move to the SFS with guaranteed income each week regardless of crowds, and then the battle with the District Club to do that!

In conclusion I’m in fact wondering if that’s not the motive , sinking the club to its lowest ebb and in essence not giving the District Club any alternative other than to do what they want.

Depressing!!

I’ve avoided this place for a week as I’m dead set sick of petty arguments between fans, including some with me because I’ve got a different view to them!!

Anyway I guess that’s Silvertails circa 2018, but it’s very different from Silvertails circa 2008 when I first joined.

Love your comments mate , always thoughtful , respectful and spot on!!

Love your comments mark even worse reading is the statistic below
3 wins 7 defeats at brookvale oval ..that says it all
Absolutely crap and no respect for once was a feared ground to play at.
Keep the faith, these dark times will make our success in the future that much sweeter

Last edited:
Madge Maguire is the hard arse coach we need. However, I can’t imagine he would entertain coming to manly. Although you never know given the rabbits where a rabble when he took over.

What a fantastic post. It puts the whole club in a nutshell.
Quite frankly I hate this club at the moment. They literally make me sick.

Last night while watching the game on fox with the family, at 22-6 up I had the audacity to suggest to the mrs. That "we will avoid the wooden spoon" then it promptly turned to ****.

When gold coast scored that try to lead 26-22. I picked up the remote and watched lizzy McGuire with my wife and 13 year old daughter.
Quite frankly I'd prefer stabbing a fork in my eyes than continue watching a car crash that I knew we were going to encounter.
Damn I hate watching the degradation this club has gone through since bozo got his mitts into the place again, he then shuffles off when he knows how he f-cked things up with Trent and the salary cap fiasco.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6