A suggestion ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
I may get howled down for this suggestion but following on from todays Telegraph article footy feast - Tigers & Roosters to play Sfs & Scg 1st week finals there, I suggest that Manly book the SCG if we finish in a top 4 spot,(the NRL gets the gate money anyway)
° the extra $ to the club thru food & merchandise
°40,000+ crowd vs <20,000 @ brooki
°the atmosphere of the old girl would be sensational
°better access for fans getting there

the SCG may have the history etc etc but it is a rubbish venue for actually watching a game of league.

The atmosphere at Brookie in a home final is amazing. One of the best footy experiences I have.

SCG is better than the SFS, it's an event.

If we can only pull 18,000 odd at Brookie for a home semi, we'll only get 15,000 if we're lucky at another venue, if it's an out of Sydney team. If it's a Sydney team, there'll be only the other teams supporters there as Manly fans don't travel, except for the couple of hundred regulars.

It'd just be an away game in a big empty stadium.

If the Sydney teams start giving away their home semi to the big stadiums, the rule just becomes one that allows the Queensland teams to play in Queensland. It's supposed to be for Brookie, Leichhardt & Kogarah, I would've thought.

A home final at Brookie is what we're playing for.I was 50/50 to start with about what the dragons did last year (keeping their home final at Jubilee),but after seeing the home crowd there,I was glad the Sydney teams/supps get the chance to have big games at their suburban grounds.I wasn't at Brookie the year we "choked" the chokers,but it looked fantastic.

Well the main reason that the Dragons kept it at Jubilee was for the home ground / supporter advantage... but as we know that didn't really pay off did it. I'd say if they had their time again they would have moved it to the bigger stadium and made a killing from it.

We need to start thinking outside the square for NRL in general when it comes to finals. You want as many fans as possible to be able to go, and you want it played in central locations so more people are inclined to come.

When it comes to finals football, why should you need to have to play at your home ground to have an advantage? If your good enough you should be able to win in any Sydney stadium in the finals. The GF isn't played at your home ground, so what does it matter for the other finals games.

I'm not saying if we have a home final we should play away from Brookie, all i'm saying is we would get more then 20K if we did move it away. Let's look to the future people. The AFL did, and look at their attendances. Let's think outside the square.

The only square that I want to look at is what gives Manly the best opportunity for winning any game of football, but more particulary a semi final.

If anyone ever suggests that that is not Brookvale than I will do a lap of Brookvale naked.

We only got 12 550 people to what was supposed to be the Brooky game of the season. It is time Manly looked at playing out of the SFS permanently. Either the locals really need to attend more games or we are going to lose Brooky forever.

Corso_Pete link said:
The only square that I want to look at is what gives Manly the best opportunity for winning any game of football, but more particulary a semi final.

If anyone ever suggests that that is not Brookvale than I will do a lap of Brookvale naked.

I'll make sure I'm NOT around for that,should it eventuate,Pete!!

eagleE link said:
We only got 12 550 people to what was supposed to be the Brooky game of the season. It is time Manly looked at playing out of the SFS permanently. Either the locals really need to attend more games or we are going to lose Brooky forever.

Moving away from the supporter base will defo bring the crowds back.
I guess it is 20km closer to Melbourne.

eagleE link said:

How was is it the match of the season? Aside from yelling the odd cheat comment, it was against an out-of-town team, with nothing to play for, in the 2nd worst time-slot of the week.

CliffyIsGod link said:
[quote author=eagleE link=topic=184585.msg283429#msg283429 date=1281411840]

How was is it the match of the season? Aside from yelling the odd cheat comment, it was against an out-of-town team, with nothing to play for, in the 2nd worst time-slot of the week.
[/quote]

I would have thought 20K people would have turned up just to give it to the scum. They have been our bitter rivals for almost 4 years now.

Corso_Pete link said:

The slow and heavy surface could be seen as a disadvantage for our already slow and heavy forwards. I wonder what Perry and Watmough think.
(dear god what have I done?)

No way, home ground final should mean home ground

We only have 1 week to take advantage of that fact so we must do it.

I loved it last year when the Dragons hosted Parra in week 1, everyone was bleating about how they should take the game away from Kogarah I think it was to get a bigger crowd, and the Dragons told everyone to get stuffed, they had earned their home ground, not that it did them much good

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=184585.msg283427#msg283427 date=1281411767]

I'll make sure I'm NOT around for that,should it eventuate,Pete!!
[/quote]

Wonder where he'll put his Licence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2