A sad presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So the people saying they overachieved this season are comfortable with defeats to the Dogs,Tigers,Rabbits,massacres from Dragons and Storm and a lucky win against Knights?
Rebuilding year is a cop out.Most of the young players in the team are not going to develop into anything special and there is no one special coming through in the lower grades.And with most decent players already sowed up at other clubs,all they're likely to sign are Bulldog rejects.The only reason the team has got to where it has got to is on the back of about 6 or 7 players,the rest have been passengers.Is it any wonder blokes like Taupau,DCE and JakeT are playing like shot ducks

Time for our Head of Football Operations, Bozo to step in and fix it then :wait:

Baz's comment about semi finals not being an annual event at Manly, was sobering.:eek:

Someone give him the FC Annual Report to show the 10 straight years' of finals footy for Manly :nod:
That was the thing that stood out for me. A Manly coach should never talk about making the semi finals being a rare thing. Too much St George loser mentality in Mr Barrett. Someone should remind him that finishing 8th is actually only half way to where we want to be.

That's probably close to the mark. And I'd imagine walker, Api and Lawrence would struggle to crack a spot in the top teams. Walkers defense would be too much of a liability in a top side. So vs the big boys, our squad is paper thin.

I reckon Bellamy would fix Walker's defensive issues up very quickly. He would go to another level if he went down there.

So the people saying they overachieved this season are comfortable with defeats to the Dogs,Tigers,Rabbits,massacres from Dragons and Storm and a lucky win against Knights?
Rebuilding year is a cop out.Most of the young players in the team are not going to develop into anything special and there is no one special coming through in the lower grades.And with most decent players already sowed up at other clubs,all they're likely to sign are Bulldog rejects.The only reason the team has got to where it has got to is on the back of about 6 or 7 players,the rest have been passengers.Is it any wonder blokes like Taupau,DCE and JakeT are playing like shot ducks

You are correct with your point about the 6/7 players constantly carrying the others. I think these players have had there backs broken over the course of the year and are rooted. See: Walker, TT, Jake, Tapau, DCE.
Essentially we are playing with 4 forwards each and every week.
TT - Knows he doesn't have much around him and is trying to do too much. This is whe the mistakes are coming from.
Walker - Explosive start to the year. Always having to be the spark in the backs has worn him down.
Jake - Can't keep doing his own work, plus the work of Winterstein and Lane, without running out of steam/motivation.
Tapau - See Jake.
DCE - As with any halfback, he needs the forwards to set the platform.

You are correct with your point about the 6/7 players constantly carrying the others. I think these players have had there backs broken over the course of the year and are rooted. See: Walker, TT, Jake, Tapau, DCE.
Essentially we are playing with 4 forwards each and every week.
TT - Knows he doesn't have much around him and is trying to do too much. This is whe the mistakes are coming from.
Walker - Explosive start to the year. Always having to be the spark in the backs has worn him down.
Jake - Can't keep doing his own work, plus the work of Winterstein and Lane, without running out of steam/motivation.
Tapau - See Jake.
DCE - As with any halfback, he needs the forwards to set the platform.

You left out Api ... the little warrior ....

I still think tommy turbo needed a year or so more behind snake..

Cant remember many other fullbacks that defend up in the line in our own 20 and leaves no one at home to defuse kicks.. Been scored against countless times this year and hes nowhere to been seen...

Thats called inexperience.. Can run in all the tries you like, pointless if you have no idea where to be on the defensive side of things.

If only we had a world class fullback who was great at reading games and positioning in d on the books that coulda worked with him this season..

Oh wait

We had way too much cap on the sidelines to have the depth needed to win this year.

Losing Taufua has been huge, losing Sironen has been huge, even Myles would have been nice yesterday. Add to that the money that we have spent paying Stewart and Matai to stay away, we just don't have what we need to compete.

They have two more chances to prove that they even give a s#$t about playing well with what they have. Time will tell. Otherwise I sense another dead wood clean out at the end of the season. Probably not as big as last year's though.

IMG_7313.JPG

Bonobo!

Bono? Bobo?

Barrett clearly has no idea

The team might as well spend a couple of nights on the grog this week and see if that helps

Training all year hasn't worked

I hear this week he's bringing out a netball to training................obviously not happy with the results of his "soccer playing" experiment!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8