A sad presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

grassy

Bencher
Has anyone seen the presser, cherry,s not there. After listening to half of it I turned it off as I found it worse than the game itself. It's pretty depressive. Also the team has a problem and can't believe the lack of energy in them and it seems to becoming from Trent.Idunno I could be wrong but apart from that it's pretty depressive watching it.How can this be happening and it's not as if we ain't got the players as we have proven that earlier in the season.I am racking my brain trying to think of what's going on with our team.I did not post the presser as it's too depressing to recommend it to anyone.

Has anyone seen the presser, cherry,s not there. After listening to half of it I turned it off as I found it worse than the game itself. It's pretty depressive and the team has a problem and I can't believe the lack of energy in them and it seems to becoming from Trent.Idunno I could be wrong but apart from that it's pretty depressive watching it, and in fact it's more depressive than the game itself.How can this be happening and it's not as if we ain't got the players as we have proven that earlier in the season.I am racking my brain trying to think of what's going on with our team.I did not post the presser as it's too depressing to recommend it to anyone.
The team has over achieved . Not many had them in the 8 Minus 1 million on the sidelines without Snake and Matai . DCE had the flu . We are on a rebuilding stage . There is no drama . Chill out feathered friend :)
untitled.png

Has anyone seen the presser, cherry,s not there. After listening to half of it I turned it off as I found it worse than the game itself. It's pretty depressive. Also the team has a problem and can't believe the lack of energy in them and it seems to becoming from Trent.Idunno I could be wrong but apart from that it's pretty depressive watching it.How can this be happening and it's not as if we ain't got the players as we have proven that earlier in the season.I am racking my brain trying to think of what's going on with our team.I did not post the presser as it's too depressing to recommend it to anyone.

He basically said in the presser.............we area a sh*t side and we're travelling just about as well as we can be expected to.

The comments about SOO players and semi finals experience, they were poorly concealed references to the fact the squad is what it is

Yea guess you are right, I didn't expect them to come this far this year. I just found the presser a little bit odd.

He basically said in the presser.............we area a sh*t side and we're travelling just about as well as we can be expected to.

The comments about SOO players and semi finals experience, they were poorly concealed references to the fact the squad is what it is
How many SOO players do we Have?
How many International players do we have ?
How many NSW cup players do we have ? PLENTY !

The team has over achieved . Not many had them in the 8 Minus 1 million on the sidelines without Snake and Matai . DCE had the flu . We are on a rebuilding stage . There is no drama . Chill out feathered friend :)
View attachment 6320
Yea ihought cherry looked a little thin in the face when he ran out at the beginning of the game.He dead set looks sick.

How many SOO players do we Have?
How many International players do we have ?
How many NSW cup players do we have ? PLENTY !

I don't quite understand the point of your post........

Are the questions rhetorical?

If you are suggesting the future is rosier because of the NSW cup players, I have to disagree completely.
We will never keep our decent players (if we even have any) under the current system, salary cap and poaching ensures that decent young players do not often stay at the clubs that developed them.

View attachment 6320

The team has overachieved is such a cop out. The team performances earlier in the year showed we have the team to realign earlier expectations. Now we have not met the expectations the team should put on itself based on those performances and shared by the fans comes dissapointment and all these questions as to what went wrong. To my eyes we have not seen a team that over achieved, rather a team that has under achieved based on what we had shown we could do.

Overachievement is loser talk and a nice tidy excuse for those who don't want to admit that we have basically self destructed, it's not like we are getting towelled up by the teams that are definitely better than us, rather, teams that are definitely worse.

I hate that excuse.

Agreed

The press conference shows a coach with no idea and no answers

Pretty dam terrible from our so called coach and leader

Last edited:
until the last six weeks or so, this team was beaming with enthusiasm and desire, now there is no passion and we have flatlined. It is true that we dont have the cattle to mount a serious challenge and we are playing guys who are out of their depth because we do not have the depth to challenge the first team. If you continually concede 30 points a game you will not with a thing. TB has to really earn his corn now cause they look like they have run out of ideas. on how to fix it.

The team has overachieved is such a cop out. The team performances earlier in the year showed we have the team to realign earlier expectations. Now we have not met the expectations the team should put on itself based on those performances and shared by the fans comes dissapointment and all these questions as to what went wrong. To my eyes we have not seen a team that over achieved, rather a team that has under achieved based on what we had shown we could do.

Overachievement is loser talk and a nice tidy excuse for those who don't want to admit that we have basically self destructed, it's not like we are getting towelled up by the teams that are definitely better than us, rather, teams that are definitely worse.

I hate that excuse.

A closer analysis of our earlier/full season, were we really ever a top quality team

1. LOSS - Parra
2. LOSS - Souths
3. WIN - Cowboys
4. Win - Bulldogs
5. WIN - Roosters
6. LOSS - Dragons
7. Loss - Storm
8. WIN - Raiders
9. WIN - Souths
10. LOSS - Broncos
11. WIN - Titans
12 WIN - Raiders
13 WIN - Knights
14. WIN - Sharks
15. WIN - Warriors
16. LOSS - Panthers
17. WIN - Tigers
18. Loss Dragons
19. LOSS - Storm
20. WIN - Roosters
21. LOSS - Tigers
22 LOSS - Bulldogs

So look at our 12 wins........

8 wins against sides nowhere near the top 8
- 2 wins against Raiders were golden point
- the other wins also against sides nowhere near the 8 (Bulldogs, Souths, Titans, Knights, Tigers, Warriors)

3 decent wins
Cowboys, Rooster (x2)

Sharks win could be considered decent but they were running so rough at the time!!

Generally speaking Manly had quite a favourable draw this year but I would never say the present team has "under achieved" in terms of performance, but definately in terms of points

If there is a sad thing, with our draw we should have finished top 4

I hate that excuse.
The team has over achieved with the current squad and this is not a cop out its a fact and unless we get quality players we wont compete with the quality teams
Take over one million dollars out of any teams salary cap missing quality players like Snake and Matai and they will feel the heat as well

I think he's saying our team has too many players who aren't first grade quality, which is hard to argue with. Lane, Kelly, wright for a start. Not to mention cap space lost to snake, matai and Myles.

Thanks................aah yes, I understand now..............

Then i agree, our side is indeed filled with "plenty" of NSW Cup players.

A few weeks ago, I posted the our starting 17 and asked which players would actually get a game presently at any other NRL club.
Got slated on here ofcourse.

Doing it again with today's 17:

1. Tom Trbojevic Yes
2. Matthew Wright NO
3. Dylan Walker Yes
4. Brian Kelly NO
5. Akuila Uate Yes
6. Blake Green NO
7. Daly Cherry-Evans Yes
16. Darcy Lussick NO
9. Apisai Koroisau Yes
10. Martin Taupau Yes
11. Frank Winterstein NO
12. Shaun Lane NO
13. Jake Trbojevic Yes

8. Brenton Lawrence Yes
14. Lewis Brown NO
15. Lloyd Perrett NO
17. Addin Fonua-Blake Maybe

With our ladder position and points differential 6 weeks ago coupled with the teams we have played in the past 6 weeks, we have dreadfully underachieved, and given this part of the season is what is going to cost us, it seems obvious to me that we have underachieved. I never thought we could win it all this year, but 6 weeks ago, we looked a great show at making the top 4 since then we have lost to teams way below us and obliterated our points differential. Given where we were, massive underachievement.

With our ladder position and points differential 6 weeks ago coupled with the teams we have played in the past 6 weeks, we have dreadfully underachieved, and given this part of the season is what is going to cost us, it seems obvious to me that we have underachieved. I never thought we could win it all this year, but 6 weeks ago, we looked a great show at making the top 4 since then we have lost to teams way below us and obliterated our points differential. Given where we were, massive underachievement.

Based on current standings only 9 of our games (out of 24) this season were against the top 8 .

If we were any good we should have finished top 4!!

Instead we may scrape into 8th spot.

Agreed

The press conference shows a coach with no idea and no answers

Pretty dam terrible from our so called coach and leader
Time for our Head of Football Operations, Bozo to step in and fix it then :wait:

Baz's comment about semi finals not being an annual event at Manly, was sobering.:eek:

Someone give him the FC Annual Report to show the 10 straight years' of finals footy for Manly :nod:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8