A Junior .. by any other name .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
JHW was a much heralded signing from Northern Suburbs Rugby ... several clubs were in a bidding war for him .. he came here for a couple of years .. played U/20's and a bit of firsts and then followed the money ...

If your wishy washy, tree hugging, weed smoking organic and sustainable inclusivity considers that a local junior ... you can take it and .. " get thee to a nunnery "

I think I have it all covered...

He noted that at one time Lumby was a million-dollar town when logging was the driver and sawmills kept everyone who wanted a job employed. And many of them spent their money at the now-closed Ramshorn Pub.

Among the locals he referenced were Darcy Bamber, who is part of the new Lumby and is figuring out how to add cannabis to pet treats.

Randy Rouck gave him a history of logging in the Lumby area. Dan Elzer, a self-described tree hugger, told him about the possibilities of eco-tourism.

PS: Hugging a tree is literally awesome.

But you should make it a mahogany-ous relationship.

A true junior should live in the area and have played local club footy.

There was plenty of controversy about the Fultons bussing in loads of juniors to bolster the rep ranks a few seasons ago wasn't there ?
The incomparable Immortals think out side the square and be rewarded theory makes sense to me .
I dont think it should be where a player is born but where he is developed. Which club discovered them and nurture them and brought out the best of them
These are the clubs that should be recognized and rewarded .
The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton was always ahead of his time and that is what made him the Greatest ever .

I am often interested in claims of certain players being Manly "juniors" ... For example ... is JHW a Manly junior .. or just a blow-in ..

As this junior tag conjures up emotive issues of ownership, entitlement, and protectionism, I feel it is an area that needs clarification and a standardised criteria for membership.

Some like @Mark from Brisbane call JHW a local junior, I view him as a temporary residents Visa at best ... ... but others view Fainu and Guacamole as imports ....

For mine, a local junior must have played local age footy, and not just parachuted into an u/16's rep team from the other side of the spit bridge .. or played more than just a couple of seasons u/20's ..
My understanding is JWH is actually a Dragons junior and he started in our system at age 16.

Interesting topic. By this definition, who are bona fide Manly juniors debuting in the past 5-10 years who made it to NRL level?

Jake, Tom and Ben Trbojevic*
Darcy, Freddy and Joey Lussick
William, Jamil and Albert Hopoate
Cooper and Jack Johns (do they count?)
Sam Verrills
Clint Gutherson
Brad Parker
Liam Knight

Any other big omissions?
Isn't Liam knight from the central coast?

Interesting topic. By this definition, who are bona fide Manly juniors debuting in the past 5-10 years who made it to NRL level?

Jake, Tom and Ben Trbojevic*
Darcy, Freddy and Joey Lussick
William, Jamil and Albert Hopoate
Cooper and Jack Johns (do they count?)
Sam Verrills
Clint Gutherson
Brad Parker
Liam Knight

Any other big omissions?
Not a big omission, but Bainbridge ??

Haha, conceived.
I can just see the Fox lab putting that in the players stats summary for Vossy to recite.
" Well here comes Manlys next big thing....Billy Nxt-big-thung, and he’s a 100% Manly junior. Let’s go to the Fox lab boys where they have the recording of Billy senior about to conceive with Mrs Billy on the sand dunes of Dee Why beach, one sultry summers night 18 years ago.....roll audio"........
Come said the boy
let‘s go to the sand
let’s do what we wanna do
let me be a man for you.

C’mon Blocker, Brandy, sing the chorus with me and all the viewers out there.....
Ho-oh-oh-oh
Ho-oh-oh-oh
Ho-oh-oh-oh
Ho-oh-oh-oh

* ok enough now. You’ve milked it dry.
Too much @Woodsie ? o_O

My understanding is JWH is actually a Dragons junior and he started in our system at age 16.

This from the Hreald at the time in 2007 ..

"MANLY have won the race to sign one of the best young rugby union talents in the country after yesterday securing 18-year-old Waratah Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.
In a blow to rugby union in the battle between the codes, Waerea-Hargreaves has rejected interest from four other NRL clubs as well as the NSW Waratahs, the Western Force and the New Zealand Rugby Union to link with the Sea Eagles on a two-year deal.
The New Zealand-born back-rower, who has been compared to Bulldogs second-rower Sonny Bill Williams and retired Manly lock Ben Kennedy, was apparently offered by the Sea Eagles up to four times more than the Waratahs were prepared to outlay."

JHW had never played Rugby League and came to us as a future Wallaby star ... he played u/20's in '08 and '09 as well as 6 1st grade starts in '09 ... then to the Roosters for the cash ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4