A joke for your Monday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
giphy.gif

I guess we are going to see him on Channel Nein's football coverage in years to come. That's how we have to put up with stumblebums like Lockyer and Thurston. Clubs like Easts and the Donkeys can guarantee these players a job after they retire. It's more important than a larger salary during their playing days.

Did the NRL not tell you the Rooster are on an elastic salary cap. It shrinks and expands according to their needs. It's fully supported be legislation.

Manly, Sharks and Tigers are on the no joy tier. No grey areas here.

The Roosters contracts use to be a joke but they have gone far past that now and are just a piss take.

In saying that Kearys contract is about right for me, yeah he could get more elsewhere but is happy to stay for a little bit less. It was reported the Turbo brothers got offered more to leave but wanted to stay so took a little less, If I was a player signed at Manly on $700,000 a season for 4 years and a different club offered $1,000,000 for the same period I would be gone, especially if I was towards the end of my career. An extra $150,000 to $200,000 I would probably stay if I was happy at the club.

Some of there other contracts are suss though, like $BW.

Did anyone else catch the Matty John Late show when the did the Q & A with Bryan Fletcher and his 12 year old daughter - classic send up and nothing was spared

Highlight questions:
1. Which player led Souths to 2 wooden spoons, Fletch answers - Harrison - Wrong - daughter says - my hopeless father.
2. How many brown paper bags did my Dad every get? Fletch answers never got one - Wrong - daughter says "I go to a very exclusive private school and everyone knows what my dad got paid - so you work it out!"

“Foran isn’t disputing that his value has dropped significantly, but he doesn’t want his deal to be based around terms relating to the number of games he plays.”
I find the above statement just crazy.He has spent all this time on the side line and does not want to be judged on how many games he has played.Geez I wish I could sit at home and expect to earn decent money.No play no money.No wonder they are positioned at the bottom end of the ladder.It seems some of these clubs are becoming charity organisations.I am far from a tycoon in business but even I can see this don’t make sense.The biggest mistake Foran made was leaving Manly. No one won.

The Roosters contracts use to be a joke but they have gone far past that now and are just a piss take.

In saying that Kearys contract is about right for me, yeah he could get more elsewhere but is happy to stay for a little bit less. It was reported the Turbo brothers got offered more to leave but wanted to stay so took a little less, If I was a player signed at Manly on $700,000 a season for 4 years and a different club offered $1,000,000 for the same period I would be gone, especially if I was towards the end of my career. An extra $150,000 to $200,000 I would probably stay if I was happy at the club.

Some of there other contracts are suss though, like $BW.

Your logic is sound, but we all know they aint paying him 700. This is Uncle Nick at his best and taking everyone along for the ride.

Keary would be the most in demand half in the comp at the moment.

Can easily see a bottom dweller like the dogs coughing up $1M+ for him in this market.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4