A great win after a poor start!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done to come back from 0-12

great to see Kurt get on for some big minutes too, Burbo looks great also!

gee we will have some depth when everyone is back from injury

wow
The first Cowboys tries were pretty soft but I never expected we'd put 50 on them.

The scary part is that despite scoring 50... I can't tell if we were really good, or if the Cowboys were really poor. The last time I felt this way was probably in 2013 where we could just 'click' and the points started flowing.

A very promising result without 2 of our best players.

I think Foz made the difference to this one, as that left edge sweep while not as smooth as with TT in it we still scored,, as opposed to last week where it just broke down. Great effort from the team
If Fozplays last week or even Walker we win against NC

I still think a backrow of:

11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Shuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

17. Curtis Sironen

is league leading. I think Foz at 6 really balances us out.

Well done to come back from 0-12

gee we will have some depth when everyone is back from injury

wow
I don't often agree with your opinions but I do agree with this one.
By the way, what happened with the Cows first try? It looked like none of our players even called for it or made a jump!
Kurt did well and Burbo also working his way into first grade nicely.
However I have to admit the opposition was appalling. Which was great, and just what we needed!

1 Turbo
2 Taufua
3 Koula
4 funa
5 Tippy
6 Schuster
7 Cust
8 Alioli
9 fainu
10 Sadler
11 keppie
12 Siro
13 Davey

14 jetski
15 boyle
Luckily we'll never have to decide because they'll never all be available at the same time. At this stage of the season they have recovered well from a disastrous start and are working well as a squad. Coaching staff deserve credit for keeping the whole squad positive and ready to take each opportunity. May sound basic but not always easy to achieve.

I don't often agree with your opinions but I do agree with this one.
By the way, what happened with the Cows first try? It looked like none of our players even called for it or made a jump!
Kurt did well and Burbo also working his way into first grade nicely.
However I have to admit the opposition was appalling. Which was great, and just what we needed!
I think the first try as easy as it looked was planned....shorten the kick so Saab is not challenging and Garrick fresh at fullback not in prime position to contest
Not sure 2nd try....a ridiculous forward pass from Cows own 30m allied the momentum for a good long ball for a walk in try
Once Manly controlled the footy they controlled the game....was great to watch and confidence from this will be Massive
No Turbo or Shu and can create this score line and make their attack with Taumololo, Holmes and drinkwater look non existent- a Super result

The first Cowboys tries were pretty soft but I never expected we'd put 50 on them.

The scary part is that despite scoring 50... I can't tell if we were really good, or if the Cowboys were really poor. The last time I felt this way was probably in 2013 where we could just 'click' and the points started flowing.

A very promising result without 2 of our best players.
We were really good - you don't score fifty on the opposition and concede six after a twelve nil start by playing crap.

We were really good - you don't score fifty on the opposition and concede six after a twelve nil start by playing crap.
Agree Panthers are playing like I thought we may tonight but the boys surprised me in a good way and they were very impressive.

The scary thing we are still only playing about 60% of what I think we can play at.. We have so much improvement in us yet which is the scary thing.

Last edited:
Amazing turnaround after a lacklustre first 10 minutes.
I'd like to give praise to DCE and Jurbo; these two are great clubmen. It was so pleasing to see DCE bounce back and show what a competitor he is.
I really like The Law-Man. He is made for this new quicker style of RL. He has football smarts.
Froggy is fitting into his role of hooker very nicely and must surely have changed people's opinion about him being a quality first grader.
Suli was terrific. Keep it up and many of us (particularly me) will have to eat our words.
Sandwich was epic and is a worthy fullback replacement for The Great One.
Walker also looked like he was pumped for action and is another who I hope make me eat my words.
Finally deLuxe. It was an excellent debut. He did everything right, tackled strongly, ran well, no mistakes. Good to see. Welcome to Manly son.

I keep hearing Burbo isn't ready for first grade, and even though he ended up playing the part of Nicholas Cage in his first game ("Gone in 60 Seconds"), he's absolutely ripped in every moment he's been on the field. Strong runs, strong tackles. Really liked the inside line he ran on Parker's last try as well. If DCE had taken that option he would have been hard to stop.

Amazing turnaround after a lacklustre first 10 minutes.
I'd like to give praise to DCE and Jurbo; these two are great clubmen. It was so pleasing to see DCE bounce back and show what a competitor he is.
I really like The Law-Man. He is made for this new quicker style of RL. He has football smarts.
Froggy is fitting into his role of hooker very nicely and must surely have changed people's opinion about him being a quality first grader.
Suli was terrific. Keep it up and many of us (particularly me) will have to eat our words.
Sandwich was epic and is a worthy fullback replacement for The Great One.
Walker also looked like he was pumped for action and is another who I hope make me eat my words.
Finally deLuxe. It was an excellent debut. He did everything right, tackled strongly, ran well, no mistakes. Good to see. Welcome to Manly son.
DCE was outstanding. Chad and Rahme were trying to get him off with 10 to go but he wouldn’t have a bar of it. This is the tightest Manly team I can remember.

11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Shuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

17. Curtis Sironen

11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Shuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

17. Curtis Sironen

Ryan,
I agree. I think that is a premiership winning backrow. Barring injuries, I don't see any changes. Foran was close to MOM last night and is the perfect complement to Cherry so no changes there either. Assuming Alio Olio is the starting prop with Taniela, that should leave a bench of Marty, Keppie, Sips and Lawton as the utility. Not sure there is any better bench. Sadly, I don't think Siro makes that side.

I keep hearing Burbo isn't ready for first grade, and even though he ended up playing the part of Nicholas Cage in his first game ("Gone in 60 Seconds"), he's absolutely ripped in every moment he's been on the field. Strong runs, strong tackles. Really liked the inside line he ran on Parker's last try as well. If DCE had taken that option he would have been hard to stop.
Specifically there were two important tackles he made on Hess, one on one. He’s got Jakes snapping, take your legs away, only quicker. I get the feeling once he’s had a sniff of first grade, he ain’t going back to Blacktown.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4