A glowing tribute to our Recruitment team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan - I detect a certain direction in this thread. Even diametically opposed posters have been coereced together.

:yeah: Thanks for doing your bit in promoting unity amongst Manly supporters. Oops, that's right - one of us disagrees with all the others ....... :lol2: :lol2:

I humbly accept your compliments. I do like to stir the pot as I do. But I WOULDN'T want to disagree with YOU, or the masses CW. My God, what a "sin". !pray:

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
I am sure that Norths wish they had supporters like this so they could be good too!!!

I would endorse a Charitable Foundation raising funds for the Saving Ryans Bears campaign. I fully support any initiative to have Ryan support North Sydney & for that to be a full time occupation.

[/quote]

I suggest you get over it, and yourself Seagull. Here's a chip....Hahaha..
Why is at so fantastic that you agree with Barks? It's good you can pull his post to threads, and decide what is quality and what is not. We all need to bow before your grace.

You should re-name your nick...just make it....BENCHMARK.

Hahahaha :doh:

[quote author=Ryan]
Garts - C'mon mate. Is this a gee up?

I'm say-ing, that Jason King would probably in my opinion not be playing 1st grade at other clubs, when he consistently gets picked for us. Take Moorwood out of the situation. Take Curtis out of the situation. But I'd suggest that at those other clubs, IF King was dropped, WHOMEVER replaced him (say Santa for example) may have had time now to develop.

But the facts are he's not at another club and we have no-one to step up and you are blaming Dessie because he is too close to the players.
Who would you have promoted?

[/quote]

At full strength - George Rose Nodd.

[quote author=Ryan]
I actually think that in any OTHER team, Glen Hall, Phil Moorwood, Mark Bryant, George Rose etc. would actually start in front of Jason King. Des Hasler unfortunately in my opinion is too close to the players, and it dampens his ability to make crucial team decisions.

Really? Moorwood and co. are better than Jason King.

I'm say-ing, that Jason King would probably in my opinion not be playing 1st grade at other clubs, when he consistently gets picked for us. Take Moorwood out of the situation. Take Curtis out of the situation. But I'd suggest that at those other clubs, IF King was dropped, WHOMEVER replaced him (say Santa for example) may have had time now to develop.

Oh no, not Moorwood, other players at other clubs. Other clubs with more depth than us.

Make up your mind ffs.

[/quote]

Yee-eessss....I re-peat....

Take the names out of it, juniors at other clubs would have been blooded, and would have had the chance to develop in Kings stead.

Comprendo?

[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]
I actually think that in any OTHER team, Glen Hall, Phil Moorwood, Mark Bryant, George Rose etc. would actually start in front of Jason King. Des Hasler unfortunately in my opinion is too close to the players, and it dampens his ability to make crucial team decisions.

Oh no, not Moorwood, other players at other clubs. Other clubs with more depth than us.

Make up your mind ffs.

[/quote]

Take the names out of it, juniors at other clubs would have been blooded, and would have had the chance to develop in Kings stead.

Comprendo?
[/quote]

Juniors in the calibre of Moorwood and Curtis would not have. Of course juniors in the Mark O'Meley, Roy Asotasi mould would have. Good argument :clap:

[quote author=Ryan]

No thanks. I graciously gift it to you. Here......have it in your colours BENCH MARK

[/quote]

Hahaha - Mate - all the bullcrap aside - you rarely dissapoint. I like it !!!

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]

Make up your mind ffs.

[/quote]

Comprendo?
[/quote]

Juniors in the calibre of Moorwood and Curtis would not have. Of course juniors in the Mark O'Meley, Roy Asotasi mould would have. Good argument :clap:
[/quote]

Is that right? How do you know who after a solid year in 1st grade may have been able to make a mark or not?

Think Matai.

Good argument.

For the record. The pro's reckon it takes 50 1str grade games for a player to start showing their full potential. King has had his 50. Others haven't.

[quote author=Ryan]

No thanks. I graciously gift it to you. Here......have it in your colours BENCH MARK

[/quote]

Doh !! Being as computer literate as me, I couldn't make it the colours you suggested.

[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]

Make up your mind ffs.

[/quote]

Comprendo?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that right? How do you know who after a solid year in 1st grade may have been able to make a mark or not?

Think Matai.

Good argument.

For the record. The pro's reckon it takes 50 1str grade games for a player to start showing their full potential. King has had his 50. Others haven't.
[/quote]

haha, get off it. You can tell very early on if someone is up to first grade standard. Phil Moorwood is not one.

ok Ryan im convinced, lets give Moorwood or Curtis 20+ games this season to develop.

Ok - you got me. I can't believe you had me arguing the same point over and over. I fell for it !!!

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]

Make up your mind ffs.

[/quote]

Comprendo?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Think Matai.

Good argument.

[/quote]

haha, get off it. You can tell very early on if someone is up to first grade standard. Phil Moorwood is not one.

[/quote]

Volley, and answer honestly, did you think Matai was 1st grade standard at the begginning?

I agree though with Curtis / Moorwood...but using that logic, why buy Glenn Hall? He's 26 isn't he? He's played 1st grade?

Who is a better prop in your eyes. Actually - rate our 5 main props:-

My Order:-

1. Brent Kite
2. Kylie Lauluai
3. Mark Bryant
4. George Rose
5. Jason King

in my view.

Why SHOULDN'T King be fearful of his position in 1st grade? I think Rose is a better prop than King. By remember - the sentiment around my posts aren't about Jason King in particular...it's about Des, and his in my opinion relationship standards with players. I think he's too close to the players, and I think players like Cuthbo / Ballin & Rose should have been higher in the pecking order. Rose was generally in to cover for injury / suspension from what I see...

OK then..............here are the official benchmarks.

1) For developing newly blooded players = 20 games in their first season
2) Ryan arguing the same point over & over again in a thread = 136 times (ad nauseum)
:p

GRRRRRR....So that was it....see how much I'd argue the same point...LoL...sucker punched !!!

[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]

Make up your mind ffs.

[/quote]

Comprendo?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Think Matai.

Good argument.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Volley, and answer honestly, did you think Matai was 1st grade standard at the begginning? No

I agree though with Curtis / Moorwood...but using that logic, why buy Glenn Hall? He's 26 isn't he? He's played 1st grade No idea ?

Who is a better prop in your eyes. Actually - rate our 5 main props:-

My Order:-

1. Brent Kite
2. Kylie Lauluai
3. Mark Bryant
4. George Rose
5. Jason King

in my view Kylie was very average this year I thought. I'm a big Rose fan, but he got found out in the Semi against Newie. Bryant was disappoiting this year. King by the last few weeks was our Number 2 Prop. Says more about the club than Jason King though .

Why SHOULDN'T King be fearful of his position in 1st grade? I think Rose is a better prop than King. By remember - the sentiment around my posts aren't about Jason King in particular...it's about Des, and his in my opinion relationship standards with players Agreed. Shayne Dunley being the prime example imo. . I think he's too close to the players, and I think players like Cuthbo / Ballin & Rose should have been higher in the pecking order. Rose was generally in to cover for injury / suspension from what I see...
[/quote]

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4