A few things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
1st half last night was brilliant i thought, the 2nd half disappointed, would have liked to see a couple more tries, but in the conditions cant crtiicise too much i suppose.

1 thing that is bugging me. We have a weapon out on the edge with Robertson under a bomb. We don't use it at all v Penrith, then last night we use it at the start, result, try, as we have seen many times this season. We then put that back away for the night :wall: , instead opting for all the tricky little reverse kicks, chips on the 3rd etc. I just can't understand why we don't use the simple, effective option more.

Good to see an offload form cuthberson and him have a good game to justify all the wraps he has received.

Menzies, cant say enough about the bloke, thought age had diminished his ability a bit but no chance of that.

Both of the Stewarts were sensational in those conditions, very very impressed.

Lyon, i thought he showed some great touches last night without being able to put the tick in the box of finishing them off. Can see the potential in him to be a good attacking 5/8 though. Probably could have finished his 1st break off himself instead of passing to Bell, who had a very good game too.

Dunley, WTF was he doing on the 4th 1m out from the sticks !!! Picked up, ran a circle back to where he picked it up, and was belted.

Hope Des drills the message in that if you get the chance in those conditions to take the 2, take them. We turned down 4 points last night, was no question that at 12 ahead the 2 should have been taken to put the game beyond any chance of Souths coming back. Bet some of the margin punters were gutted about that too :lol:

Good calls Kiwi. I agree on all your points.

Dunley needs to play at Belrose - not at NRL.

Noticed that Choc gave away his customary penalty!!

I thought Dunley gave one away too. (I'd be disappointed if he didn't) Agree with all the above except I'm not laying down and spreading my legs for Cuthbo just yet. Sure his pass was excellent but his defense is suspect and he's to slow. I was pissed that we threw away at least four points by not going for goal when it was on offer. Who decides? The Ox had his ususal game, did some good things then fell away. I think he thinks way to slow and gets caught. He needs to improve his acting skills too. Lyon was excellent in defense but I'm still waithing for him to 'cut loose'. Bell ****s me when he jinks and runs sideways. King was very good running strongly as did Hall. King's offloads? Good to see the defense standing up although they made about three busts through the middle. Anyway good to come away from a freezing wet night with a win.

I thought Dunley gave one away too. (I'd be disappointed if he didn't) Agree with all the above except I'm not laying down and spreading my legs for Cuthbo just yet. Sure his pass was excellent but his defense is suspect and he's to slow. I was pissed that we threw away at least four points by not going for goal when it was on offer. Who decides? The Ox had his ususal game, did some good things then fell away. I think he thinks way to slow and gets caught. He needs to improve his acting skills too. Lyon was excellent in defense but I'm still waithing for him to 'cut loose'. Bell ****s me when he jinks and runs sideways. King was very good running strongly as did Hall. King's offloads? Good to see the defense standing up although they made about three busts through the middle. Anyway good to come away from a freezing wet night with a win.

Oh DSM5, you are a legend... great call.

In attack Lyon was better I thought.. he created a few oppurtunities it's just the last little bit he didn't get right.... I can honestly say Lyon created more oppurtunities for his outside men last night than Burns has in a year and a half... if he could just get the last bit right we'll score more points... Persist with it.

1st half last night was brilliant i thought, the 2nd half disappointed, would have liked to see a couple more tries, but in the conditions cant crtiicise too much i suppose.

1 thing that is bugging me. We have a weapon out on the edge with Robertson under a bomb. We don't use it at all v Penrith, then last night we use it at the start, result, try, as we have seen many times this season. We then put that back away for the night :wall: , instead opting for all the tricky little reverse kicks, chips on the 3rd etc. I just can't understand why we don't use the simple, effective option more.

Good to see an offload form cuthberson and him have a good game to justify all the wraps he has received.

Menzies, cant say enough about the bloke, thought age had diminished his ability a bit but no chance of that.

Both of the Stewarts were sensational in those conditions, very very impressed.

Lyon, i thought he showed some great touches last night without being able to put the tick in the box of finishing them off. Can see the potential in him to be a good attacking 5/8 though. Probably could have finished his 1st break off himself instead of passing to Bell, who had a very good game too.

Dunley, WTF was he doing on the 4th 1m out from the sticks !!! Picked up, ran a circle back to where he picked it up, and was belted.

Hope Des drills the message in that if you get the chance in those conditions to take the 2, take them. We turned down 4 points last night, was no question that at 12 ahead the 2 should have been taken to put the game beyond any chance of Souths coming back. Bet some of the margin punters were gutted about that too :lol:

Not me :)

I posted 2 days ago that I jumped on the $3 they were offering for Manly by 1 - 12 :) :yeah:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2