A few points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Copa Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:
Just because G.Stewart drifts across field does not mean he no longer plays in a corridor---he plays on the right side full stop. Occasionally he mixes it up through the middle going against the defensive grain but he is predominantly a right side ball player and runner.

By drifting i mean in the manner he glides across field like all ball players should---sometimes its overly sideways---i guess to be fair a corridor is probably a more narrow definition than what G.Stewart plays but he still mainly posts himself on the right edge.

My use of corridors was more in relation to Watmough Foran Buhrer etc---i'm not against corridors at all and good repetitive structures under pressure hold up well allowing a more composed attack but it has its down sides --- it is very much evident when we struggle to break good defences.

On the other hand making knee jerk reactions and allowing players to roam free can offer many other problems---it's a balancing act that needs to be tuned when required.

Now you will describe the above points of being contradictory also----to me its seeing all the positives and negatives in each style of play and tuning our attack either way when required.

TC your are quite right about gift drifting occasionally, although thankfully for us it pays off most of the time. A thing that id like to see which gifty is good at but has moved away from the last few months is his ability to run holes. At the start of the year DCE was putting gift through holes quite reguraly. If he can mix that up with his ability to be a ball player teams defending wouldnt know what to do ! ''Is he going the short ball ? Or is he going round the back ? '' is what they should be thinking every single time gift looks like getting the ball. But i cant complain were killing it ! so Happy days = )

Agree in his earlier years G.Stewart often ran straight hole running lines on the right edge to good effect---not so much these days.

In his earlier years he was in reserve grade. Atm he is the best forward in the game. I like what he's doing now.

In his earlier years he was in reserve grade. I like what he's doing now. Currently he is the best forward in the game.

DSM5 said:
In his earlier years he was in reserve grade. Atm he is the best forward in the game. I like what he's doing now.

In his earlier years he was in reserve grade. I like what he's doing now. Currently he is the best forward in the game.

Me Too!!! Wouldn't want any other 2nd rower than Gift!!!

Gift doesn't deserve any criticism - full stop. He had weaknesses early this year and now there are none. Running holes - seen any feeds that he has got that have given him those opportunities? Gift best player, Lyon a very close second and then take you pick from a huge host of others. Choc and bench players like Buhrer are today's hole runners. This is getting idiotic.

bob dylan said:
I agree with TC, he dissects the game, I watch it for enjoyment and love it as I have done for the last 35 years.

See I do a similar thing to TC with Harness Racing (yeah the Trots), I watch and re-watch races, clocking and taking notes on every horse in every race, and their drivers. I know so much more about what is likely to transpire during a race that 99% of the punters out their in TAB land.

I know all horses speed from the mobile barrier, I know which drivers which "take a sit" and those that wont hand up the lead. I know what horses can only win if the lead, sit behind the leader etc.

Its a pity I cant win a quid with the amount of time I put in, but thats another story.
Well stop being lousy and start hooking your silvertails brothers up with tips every week. Actually screw the other blokes just pm ure tips to me lol

No doubt Gift has been incredible this season. Thee only change that I would look at in terms of his play style is to sacrifice 5% of his playmaking role for 5% more of a forward role - especially now that King is out.

With all the talk about 'corridors' I thought I'd logged on to one of those house renovations sites.

Some people can really complicate a simple game.

Glen has great all round skills and use to be my favourite current day player--- i guess over time i'm seeking all round perfection in his game and noticing his flaws/bad habits more often.

I get annoyed with the obvious cramping of our outside backs, the slowing down of the ruck penalties the occasional lazy fatigued arm in tackles(i actually think he his carrying a chronic arm or shoulder injury into most games but this is not always the reason) the reduced straight go forward runs and becoming too much of a ball player(yes i'm sure Dessie is encouraging this side so i guess he is not to blame)

Still one of my favourite Manly players of all time---- its easy to compliment the great things he does each game in all the effort areas defensively combined with his beautiful ball playing and i would not swap him for anyone but he could be so much better in my opinion.

The Eagle said:
Foran,DCE and Snake are the frontrunners for MVP, Gift might get that daily m though with his thousand MoM's

Snake? Don't think so. Been good, but MVP? IMO he's still a fair way off what he's capable of which must be a frightening proposition for opposition teams.

On Gift, his last 6-8 weeks or so have been excellent, although I think Choc was in better form for the first half of the season. I think Choc atm is our most underutilised attacking player. With his speed and footwork I think he could be dynamic if used as an hole runner instead of someone who pretty much does the grunt work these days. I'd like to see him follow DCE around and maybe pick up one of his offloads.

Watmough seems to be a marked player these days in relation to hole running on the left edge and does not seem to be looked at as often for a line break on the left edge due to a variety of options now available . I might be seeing things but he does not appear as sharp and explosive this last year and half he still pulls through with some decent leg drive but other times he seems to be pushed around like a light weight.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6