A bridge too far

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jerry1

First Grader
With half the team out and carrying injuries. Fatigue from a long and physical season. It seems overly harsh to have to send them out again next week to face a well rested monster sized pack who will be fresh and up for it.

Our last two matches have been epic performances. Tuff grinding footy hard on the bodies and minds of the boys.

I echo the posts of others here who have said whatever happends next week it has been a great effort from the team.

A bridge too far? Who knows hey but what I do know is how proud we all are of them.

Once more unto the breach!

Jerry1 said:
With half the team out and carrying injuries. Fatigue from a long and physical season. It seems overly harsh to have to send them out again next week to face a well rested monster sized pack who will be fresh and up for it.

Our last two matches have been epic performances. Tuff grinding footy hard on the bodies and minds of the boys.

I echo the posts of others here who have said whatever happends next week it has been a great effort from the team.

A bridge too far? Who knows hey but what I do know is how proud we all are of them.

Once more unto the breach!

Sounds like you are waving the white flag already . Its only Souffs

Our team and club will never give in and they will give 150% no matter the consequences. No one will gives us a chance and all the pressure will be on them. Bring it on!

-We've played 26 games over the course of the previous 28 weeks
-Souths have played 25 games over the course of the previous 28 weeks
When you put it like that, theres going to be tired and hurt bodies both side of the ball, an extra weeks rest is good, but when the whistle goes, these guys are fit enough to get through 80 minutes.

Besides, we're Manly, i expect us to win, just look at our lineup, theres no holes, no weaknesses, if we're on our game we just dont lose

Was always going to be hard to get up for yesterdays game, all the talk before the game was souths souths souths.

They will be switched on for next week, they'll need to be as we all know it wont be just the guys in red and green we are up against.

Souths won't be up for it. They haven't played at finals intensity yet. The closest they came was the final round, but the Roosters ran over them.

Next week is our grand final. We win and we will be premiers.
We will get a 9 day break before the GF. I want one more crack at the roosters with Brett playing

It may be the case of a game too far but I feel better than going into the corresponding game last year (which sadly I saw at the ground).

I knew we were limping into that one and the Storm were ready to finish us off (I didn't know how horrible it would be).

I don't feel the same this year. Souths are not the clinical Storm of last year. I wouldn't rule out that they might freeze up considering the weight of expectation and that many of their players will still find it odd to be playing this late in September.

gonna be tough to back up again and given the refs performance for souths against the storm it will be bloody difficult.

what we do know is that if we are on we will give them a damn good run

Our biggest playcard is that we will be firm underdogs, we always play much better when we are not expected to win. We seem to only run at 70% when we are favorites. If Snake plays i think we will definitely win it.

Fro said:
well our best chance is to win Cam.

if we lose i think it might be a bit difficult

My point is mate if we make the GF we won't lose.

Everyone talking about us being smashed and battered I say. Remember the spirit of 1978

It doesn't matter what the newspapers or bookmakers say, the players will go into this game with the belief that they can win.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6