9's Game Day (for the fans)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Danly Manly

Reserve Grader
Well we exceeded expectations.

It was really the missed conversion from right in front that cost us the game. (Whoever that was. We dont get to see most conversions due to replays).

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
if Kelly can improve in defense then he or Parker should be the other centre, Jorge wing unless Omar impresses at Blacktown .... imho

MANLY4LIFE

Bencher
I know it's just the 9,s but lol it's the same actions and outcomes and players that do the same thing again and again no matter what format we play in

Last edited:

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
We were considered also rans for the premiership and for this tournament. I think we are seeing enough to suggest that as the season progresses, this team will be quite competitive. I can definitely see us between 5-10 but most likely around 7-8. Its a better side than last year and when you consider other teams brought in their top guns and Manly didnt and still made the quarters and only just missed the semis, I think we've got a pretty decent side this year.

Ryan

Journey Man
I just think Taufua need a kick up the arse (he has looked lethargic for 3 of the 5 years he has played for us). He needs to mold his game and energy levels on Jason Taumalolo.

As a player, he can be absolutely destructive and amazing. He has the skill, size and ability.

What he lacks is intensity, desperation and speed. He has a case of the old Tony Williams.

mbe

Reserve Grader
We got to the quarterfinals which nobody expected. We weren't beaten that far by doesntmatta when they had a much stronger team than us. We got beaten in extra time by a team that had their better players playing. Wow Manly you showed that we are going to be a force this year. And no major injuries.

Ryan

Journey Man
has tafua ever had a fast play the ball? does he not understand what a momentum killer his slow play the balls are, or just doesn't care?

Absolutely. It allows the opposition defense to set, run up, and kills a whole set of 6. Like I say, he has a case of the Tony Williams. All the ability, none of the intensity.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bloody Jorge...fair dinkum has the hands/ball security of Watmough... tuck it under ure arm ffs - all these dills being fancy and it only takes a decent bump and out she goes. It's a trend these days and I don't like it - might look sexy but mastering the basics is a non negotiable for mine. Very very frustrating. On a positive note well done boys for getting as far as we did.

clear.png
WINNER @:(

Class of 96

Bencher
Good effort overall. The thing that get me, they needed a 5 point try. So when they played it out wide, stack the defense to protect the bonus point, give them the try wide out. Even if they convert we get the ball off the kickoff and run the clock down with under a minute to go.

double hoops

First Grader
To be fair. Jorge looked good in attack in the middle. Defence was always going to be where he struggled with a change of position. He was playing centres when waqa-Blake showed him up. A change to the middle is something I hope the club continue with. By June no excuses.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
I think that was the last we see of Lussick for a while now.
(not that he played bad ,but too far down the order)
Pity he didnt make the kick ,(he couldve added to his 5 mins of fame).

Midnight Rambler

'Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnly'
I took back what I said about young Brian Kelly yesterday. He did very well today again! The game was well & truly over @ 12-5, f..king, motherf..king jono wright & that c.nt ashley klein & that penalty....f..k off. Jorge's drop was atrocious, but it was anybody's game @ that point, he didn't lose us the game. Leave Jorge alone...he's a Manly man through & through.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnly!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18