9 years to this day

Trips down memory lane can be bitter sweet when your team is, er, in a trough at the moment.

But it's great to have those memories to look back on.

I mean you'd have to have a vhs if you're a parra fan.

I had a massive MWTS contingent at that game , we got 300 seats ( in one corner ) never forget the Push it Manly guy ( Jake) dropped down on his knee at full time and proposed to his girlfriend right in front t of us , amazing scenes.

And the players spent an age with us at the fence on the walk around , it was bedlam!!

A wonderful day ( and VERY long night).

Some real good contributions from guys [ and not so high profile players ] like Shane Rodney , Joe Galuvao and Vic Mauro in that G F success . Great Captain "s effort from Killer and of course Michael Robbo "s farewell late goal conversion .

The defence and attitude by the players was fantastic, something for our 2021squad to look at nearly every tackle had steel in it.

I was at that game, the day started out driving rain and wind, not too pleasant and by kick off it eased off and for all but 15 minutes Manly were the better team and it was so great to see Killer score the final try and Gifty winning the the Churchill medal and getting in Gallops face on the podium! Wonderful day, great team and fantastic result!

In honour of that day I’m wearing the special polo top we did for all members of 2012 WCC tour ( some of whom are members here ).

What a trip we had ( apart from the result ),

In nine short years the world has gone mad:
Manly finishing 13th and The 'Riff going 15 matches undefeated....
and people think the Covid shutdown is unusual!

9 years ago today was one of the best days of my life. Landed in Fiji for my first overseas holiday ever, lots of high fives from the locals who spotted my Delmege Manly jersey. Unpacked, headed straight to the Denarau Golf & Racquet Club who were showing the game on a massive outdoor screen. Got the right result on a balmy night under the stars, followed by a few celebratory beverages. Good times.

our 2011 gf win 9 years to this day

just seems like yesterday this happening.

treasured memories I have of that day

we will be back in a GF soon
We are the only club to win one every decade . We are due for another one soon
Give us a premiership winning team in 2021 Des !!!

I had a massive MWTS contingent at that game , we got 300 seats ( in one corner ) never forget the Push it Manly guy ( Jake) dropped down on his knee at full time and proposed to his girlfriend right in front t of us , amazing scenes.

And the players spent an age with us at the fence on the walk around , it was bedlam!!

A wonderful day ( and VERY long night).
Would he have proposed if we lost?, somehow I doubt it, lucky for her we won otherwise it might be a long wait for her.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2